ETHALINE

By ninithewriter

ETHALINE FLORENCE MALFOY, twin of Draco Malfoy and the second choice finds comfort in a certain raven haired... More

WARNINGS
BOOK TRAILER
AUTHOR NOTE
CAST
INTRODUCTION
AESTHETE
THANATOPHOBIA
FEAR STUCK
MAD EYE MOODY
REVELATION
THE DRAGON
THE FIRST CHALLENGE
MYSTERY
THE PROPOSALS
HEIGHT ADDS CHARACTER
YULE BALL
NEW YEAR
THE BLACK LAKE
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
HOGSMEAD
THE CALL
THE MAZE
REVELATON
THE MALFOY'S
ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
NEW BEGININGS
THE CHOICE
SUMMER SHENANIGANS
THE FIFTH YEAR
AZURA
AN UNWANTED VISIT
DUMLEDORE'S ARMY
LUCIUS
THE ROR
A COMPROMISING POSITION
"Oh Chosen one"
LONESOME
WEASLEBEE AND HERMES
A LONG AWAITED CONFIRMATION
CHRISTMAS DAY
A NEW MYSTERY
|NEW CAST MEMBERS|
THE SLYTHERIN INQUISTIION
THE RECKONING
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
FIREWORKS AND RUN INS
A GRAY SKY
PART TWO
THE MOURNING AFTER
ETHALINE'S PROPHECY
ONE LAST TIME
A GINNY SECRET
A LOST BOOK AND EMPTY CLASSROOM
END OF THE YEAR
TICKET TO HELL
ANDROMEDA COMES HOME
SUMMER WITH WEALEBEE
YEAR SIX: QUIDDITCH AND POTIONS
FIST MEETS FERET
AZKABAN BREAK IN
A BREAK
THE DINNER PARTY
LOSE CONTROL
A WEASLEY CHRISTMAS
DRAGONS DON'T BURN
DRUNKEN DUO
RAMILDA VANE
SURPRISE IN A BOTTLE
NO ESCAPE
A DARK SURPRISE
FEELINGS DIE
REFUSAL OF HELP
A MALFOY REUNION
COLLECTING DEBT
GRAVEYARD HUNT
DOBBY
CALM BEFORE THE STORM
ME AND MY HSUBAND
TANGLED RELATIONS
PART 3
POLAROID
DRAMA QUEEN
"Lovegood? More like Hatebad."
JIXNX
A HERO'S DEATH
MIDNIGHT TALK
GRINGOTTS
THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM
At a Crossroad
SLYTHERINS IN ROMANIA
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 1
MISSING PERSONS CASE
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 2
A BITTERSWEET GOODBYE
THE END
BONUS

ON THE RUN

5.8K 181 10
By ninithewriter

____

"Patrones spell is very effective when going against Dementors and judging by the fact that they are sided with the Dark Lord this will help." Harry said loudly to the people in the Room of Requirement. 

"You'll have to think of the happiest memory—" 

Ethaline sighed quietly; this was the one spell she was dreading. Despite the fact that she had everything growing up, happy moments were scarce, and judging by the fact that her once happy memories were clouded with her resentment towards her father, mother and twin she didn't have any. 

Not, a single, one. 

Speaking of, she hadn't seen or spoken to Draco since the semester started. In fact, she thought it was rather concerning. Draco didn't go down without a fight so this was unsettling. Though if she had to guess it would probably be over the fact that he was busy doing Head Boy duties with Pansy. 

Pansy. 

The short haired raven head had pretended she didn't exist when she walked by. Ethaline immediately recognized her pathetic tactic, act like you were never best of friends to avoid dealing with the pain. Pretending like they never happened. 

"Ethaline you'll be partners with me." Harry said randomly. 

Ethaline raised her eyebrows and looked around, "What about Cho?" 

"She had a meeting." 

"My partner is usually Neville—" Ethaline said before he cut her off 

"He's with Luna." 

Ethaline rolled her eyes playfully, "Well I suppose." She sighed before the two walked to an empty spot. "Oh, chosen one—" 

"Come off it." Harry said, "Expecto Patronus, go." He motioned as Ethaline furrowed her eyebrows at him. 

"Can I at least think of a memory?" She huffed, before getting to thinking. She paced lightly, her hand resting on her wand while tapping it slightly in hopes of coming up with one but failed. 

Even the ones with Azura were overshadowed with sad emotions because of her forced departure from the school and her side. Ethaline tried it anyway and closed her eyes, I haling deeply. 

"Expecto Patrnomum!" She held her wand out and nothing came out. Not a spark, not a light, not a shimmer or a shine. In fact, she felt rather stupid and put the wand down, groaning. 

Harry glanced around, "What?" 

"I'm afraid I don't have a happy memory to produce the charm," she sighed as Harry staggered back a little. 

"How—"

"Is that possible? You try being Lucius's daughter." She snickered, "After the age of six you're pretty much guaranteed a miserable and overbearing existence." She sighed.

Ethaline allowed for Harry to place his hand on her wand, guiding her hand up, "Just..." he sighed quietly into her ear, the gesture sending shivers down her spine as she tried to keep her cool, "Close your eyes." 

"What?" Ethaline couldn't help but match his whisper tone. 

"Bloody hell Ethy just do it." 

Ethaline did as told and closed her eyes, "When you think happy, what comes up?" 

You. 

"Just think of...we'll think of Henry." He said as Ethaline tried not to cringe, "Right, Right." The blonde muttered as she began to think. 

Instantly her mind went back to the time she brought Harry with her to meet Azura at the school. And the memory she had when she guided Harry's hand—much like he is now—to touch her dragon's scaly snout. The look they shared after, that was what she was when she felt most happy. 

Like she had finally found someone who wasn't afraid of her. 

"Expecto Patronus." She whispered, her tone wavering slightly in disbelief as the bright light flashed and out came the stream of Magic before her animal took form. 

A loud roar formed and everyone cowered at the sound of a massive dragon, similar to Azura except this one was much more frightening to the eye, before they all stared in amazement as the dragon flapped its wings and shot out fire. 

A smile along with a soft laugh erupted from her lips as Harry watched her face light up. "You did it." He said softly, his hand still on hers as everyone congratulated her. He focused on the fact that she was able to conjure it, not the fact that she had also thought of Henry to do so. 

Ethaline turned to face him, the smile never leaving as a certain twinkle formed in her eyes. Though her mind was rushing with protests and reasons not to entertain her fondness for him (it always did that when she even looked at him), she couldn't help it. 

Harry opened his mouth to speak when a loud boom was heard. His instinct was to protect Ethaline as his arm shot up in front of her and pushed her behind him. Ethaline in worry, held Harry's sweater from behind, ready to yank him down while she gripped her wand.

Boom!

Everyone backed away, towards the back, "It wouldn't happen to be your dragon would it?" Fred asked nervously, an odd look on his face.

"Sod off Weasley." Ethaline whispered, her tone wavering as chunks of the wall scattered about. "Protego!" She and Harry simultaneously said, her hand gripping his shirt harder as a shield stopped the rocks from hitting the group of them. 

And there in front of them stood no one other than Umbridge, Draco and his friends holding Cho Chang. A smirk formed on Draco's lips before he saw the proximity of Harry and his twin. He clenched his jaw as Umbridge walked in trying to keep her composure. 

"All of you," she said quietly, her voice shaking in anger as she looked at them, "Come with me, now." 

Harry was yanked by Umbridge while Goyle grabbed Ethaline. Her eyes widened before she grabbed his arm and twisted it, "Don't ever touch me." She snarled as Umbridge snapped her head towards her. 

"You're only adding to your troubles Miss Malfoy." She said snipping, grabbing her wand as Harry looked down at Goyle who cried out in pain about a broken wrist. 

"Surely you know that a woman shouldn't be touched against her will let alone by a filthy handed mewling whim like Goyle and the other lot of you—" 

Umbridge raised her hand and in a swift movement slapped her before using a robe spell to restrain her. The sound echoed, taking everyone by surprise as Harry fought against her grip. 

Meanwhile Draco felt the color leave his already pale face as Ethaline looked down at the ground, her hands trembling in fury as she tried to control her breathing,

A small smirk formed on her lips before it turned to an amused smile as she slowly looked up at the older woman. Disturbed, Umbridge pulled all of them towards Dumbledore's office, her heels making a sound Ethaline wanted to stop by grabbing her ankle and tossing her off the side of the bridge.

Once they were inside Ethaline was shoved in as well as Harry, Ron and Hermione. The others were dismissed. "I really hope you're not lumping me in with them." Ethaline muttered. 

"Quite!" Umbridge snapped.

Ethaline looked away from everyone, her eyes meeting her own in a faraway mirror as Dumbledore made himself known. "What's the matter?" He asked, seeing the look on the children's faces. 

Meanwhile Ethaline looked at herself, the red Mark on her cheek evident making her feel a string of emotions she even begin to manage. No amount of training from Narcissa would be able to quell her rage in that moment. 

She wished for Azura to be at her side, to frighten and devour those who would hurt her and the people around her. 

The Minister of Magic came out of the Floo network, already beginning to shoot polite insults at Dumbledore who seemed to not care about the accusations. Or even if that fact that he was taking full responsibility for Harry starting up Dumbledore's army again. 

Dumbledore didn't care. 

When he was threatened with Azkaban he used his Phoenix and disappeared right before they could get him. The Minister turned to the kids, "Umbridge will be deciding your punishments." He said as Ethaline licked her lips.

"I believe you should let her know...." she said quietly, her eyes on his as she spoke, "That hitting children is illegal. Then again, I don't think you would do much on the matter, anything to keep your esteemed reputation and position." 

The Minister narrowed his eyes at her, "You are on thin ice Miss Malfoy, only a misstep away from entering Azkaban yourself for illegal activities concerning dragons so I would watch your tone with me." 

Ethaline didn't say anything else as he turned his heel and left back into the chimney. Umbridge looked at the kids, a wicked smile on her face before she told them their punishment. 

As soon as they were dismissed Ethaline calmly walked out the doors, her hands resting in their usual place as Henry waited outside the doors for her. "What did she do to you?!" He asked, his furious tone taking no one by surprise. 

Harry and the others thought it was romantic but Ethaline knew Henry had given himself the job as her personal body guard and second in command. "Nothing a little powder won't fix." She replied, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze before awkwardly hugging him to keep up the act.

"It's my fault." Harry started, "I shouldn't have put you all in danger—" 

"Really Harry it's fine," Ethaline said, a small smile forming on her face to back up her statement even if she was furious. Ethaline was ready to play the long game if she needed to. "I'll see you for exams tomorrow." 

Henry wrapped his arm around her waist, leading her away from them before they began to speak in hushed tones. Meanwhile Harry clenched his jaw again, the feeling of jealousy returning as he stomped his way back to their dorms. 

Hermione turned to Ron, "Why do I feel like there's more to the story?" She asked as Ron shrugged. 

"You worry your pretty little brain to much Hermione give it a rest," he lied as he pated her head and ruffling he hair making her groan and swat away his hands before they began to walk away, "Come on let's go check on Harry." 

___

"Not to be rude or anything because I know Henry is your best friend and all that good stuff," Ethaline said as she paced the room while Lizzie and Cassie sat on the bed flipping through pages of a book. 

"Go on..." Cassie said. 

"Henry is like...." she struggled to find the words, "An off-brand Harry." She admitted, "I mean they both okay Quidditch, they both have cheesy jokes, an unsettling amount of sarcasm, sass and a really stubborn and flirty personality, but..." 

Lizzie sat up and looked at her, "But Henry would never match up to Harry because he was the first one to capture your eyes in a romantic way and ever since your kiss with him you can't help but wonder what it would be like if you just took the leap together?" 

Ethaline snapped her fingers, "Exactly Lizzie, you took the words right out of my mouth." She said as the brunette smiled. 

"Ravenclaw doesn't call me the annoying mouth breather for nothing." She shrugged, "Speaking of how is Cho and Harry? I mean you're over here panicking about it and you might not even know if he's thinking about you in that way." 

Cassie nodded, "You should find out." 

"And risk revealing our group?" Ethaline shook her head, "This goes beyond him and I. Besides, the only reason I'm questioning it again is because we shared a moment today before the unfortunate events that led to me getting slapped."

Cassie snapped her gaze towards Lizzie sat up quickly, "I already called dibs on returning the favor when the time was right." 

Lizzie frowned, "Damn it." 

Ethaline smiled as Cassie spoke up, "You two always share moments, it's rather hilarious to watch the two of you pinning after one another." 

Ethaline sighed, not even surprised at her comment, "Thanks Cass." She muttered. 

"I'm serious!" Cassie said, "As much as I hate the Gryffindorks you deserve to be happy! We are on the brink of war and you're leading a private army—one that will back you up whenever you need it. Even in this."

"He's dating Cho," Ethaline reminded her, "I won't do that to her again." 

"I heard a rumor that ever since she was the cause of your discovery in the Room of Requirement, he broke up with her." Lizzie said, raising an eyebrow in the blonde's direction.  "Also, that as sweet as she was with everyone, she was quite the talker about you."

Feeling an incoming headache Ethaline shook her head, not even caring that Cho spoke bad about her, she deserved it, "No," She said, her heart leaping in joy as she continued to speak, "We'll remain friends and I'll swallow me feelings." 

"You know...: Lizzie dragged out, "We should step in—Cassie and I—and accidentally guarantee you Harry--" 

"That is enough." Ethaline said, the tone in her voice was enough to stop Cassie and Lizzie from making another comment. Ethaline let them 
go, saying she had to study a little more before tomorrow. 

After getting in on a little studying she turned around her bed and closed her eyes, slowly falling asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 375 14
(I am bad at summaries, but the story will be better. Promise) Jordan Ray is best friends with the Weasleys. Some of them. She hates Percy for obviou...
28.8K 538 37
- Draco Malfoy and Fred Weasley love triangle. -oc fanfic ... Draco Malfoy, Mr. Daddy's Money, has always acted like he hated her. What happens...
74.1K 1.4K 23
'𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒏.' --- Elaine Weasley, the twin sister of Ginny Weasley and in Slytherin house. Join her on her journ...
118K 2.2K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...