My companion | میرےہمدم

By 7Hazel

#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed... More

Authors note
Characters Sketch
Reflection|عکس
Dissociation | بچھڑنا
Sparkle | رونق
Priceless | انمول
Meeting | ملاقات
Restlessness | اضطراب
Stars | انجم
I do | قبول ہے
Indifference | تغافل
Strangers | اغیار
Coincidence | اتفاق
Gem | گوہر
Effort | کاوش
Full Moon | ماہ کامل
Longing | حسرت
Worry | تفکر
Determination | عزم
Blow | ضرب
Darkness | تیرگی
Begining | ابتداء
Sincerity | اخلاص
Responsibilty | ذمہ داري
Pain | درد
Mark | نقش
Colors | رنگ
Author's note
Family | خاندان
Moment | لمحہ
Care | خیال
Delighted | شاد
Selfless | بےلوث
Protector | پاسباں
Birthday | سالگراہ
Birthday-II | سالگراہ
Birthday-III | سالگراہ
Gradually | رفتہ رفتہ
Closeness | قربت
Related | وابستہ
Affect | اثر
Eid | عید
Embrace | آغوش
Face to face | مقابل
Dewy | شبنمی
Not an update
Unique | نایاب
Drop | قطرہ
Lost in wonder | محوحیرت
Sacred | مقدس
Knock | دستک
Separation | جدائی
Evening | سانجھ
Awaiting | منتظر
Unexpected | غیر متوقع
Twilight | شفق
Confront | روبرو
Misunderstanding |غَلَط فہمی
Helplessness | بے بسی
Unease | خلش
Complete | مکمل
Author's note
Epilogue-1
Epilogue-2

Trust | اعتماد

19.6K 1K 172
By 7Hazel

"NOT ALL OF US CAN DO GREAT THINGS. 

BUT WE CAN DO SMALL THINGS WITH GREAT LOVE."

                                                                         - Mother Teresa

DURRANI HOUSE:

The rays of sunlight had lit up Zohaib's room. The chorus of melodic birdsong was audible in the silence of a running air conditioner. Slowly and reluctantly Zohaib opened his eyes. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and blinded him. He blinked, closed his eyes, and blinked again trying to adjust his eyes to the light.

He opened his eyes slowly and looked at the figure in front of him. Her hair has covered her face. "Ayza", he muttered in surprise and looked carefully. 

His eyes shot up when the reality dawned upon him and sat up straight. He has realized it was Faryal, he starred at her face for few minutes and then shifted his gaze towards Zahra who was sleeping soundly glued to Faryal. He dragged his feet off the bed, rubbed his knuckles onto his eyes, spread the curtains, and went to the washroom to freshen up.

After some time he came out of the washroom, Faryal and Zahra were still asleep. He looked at the wall clock which was saying 10:32 AM, left the room, and went downstairs.

"Assalam-u-Alikum", Zohaib said as he entered the lounge to everyone.

"Walikum Assalam", everyone replied.

Mom stood up from her place took Zohaib's face in her hands kissed his forehead and said: "I'm sorry beta, I was not there when you needed me".

"It's okay mom", Zohaib replied looking into her mother's eyes.

"Kabi tou gila kar liya karo Zohaib. Insist us to help you, fight with us when we leave you alone in such kind of situation, this silence will eat you.", Mom said with tears filled eyes. Zohaib wiped his mother's tears and hugged her. He kissed his mom on her head as he was taller than her.

"Bhai how is Zahra now?", Huzaifa asked.

"We wanted to see her last night but Zain said she was sleeping", Dad added.

"She is fine, Alhumdullilah", Zohaib heaved a sigh. 

"Yesterday was a nightmare", he added,

"Let's sit down". mom said and broke the hug.

"Where is Zahra, did you left her alone in the room?", dad asked.

"Zahra is still asleep dad" Zohaib replied. Everyone looked at him questioningly because Zohaib has never left her alone before.

"I'll sit with her then", Zain said and stood up from the sofa.

"Zain it's not needed, Zahra is with Faryal", Zohaib replied.

"Okay so she is in bhabhi's room, I can keep her company too Bhai. Bhabhi will get bored", Zain stated and started to move.

"She is asleep too", Zohaib replied stopping Zain in his tracks. "In my room", he completed the last part looking at a distance.

Zain looked at Huzaifa and a smile of happiness appeared on their faces. They were feeling happy that at least he was allowing himself to trust their beloved Faryal. Mom and Dad seemed happy too.

"Nadia please breakfast ready karvao, we will have our breakfast together today", Mom said happily.

----------------------------------

Faryal felt something moving on her face and opened her eyes immediately in fear. She lowered her eyes, Zahra was starring at her and realized that Zahra was caressing her face with her small hand. Faryal heaved a sigh in relief and kissed Zahra's hand.

"Zahra you have scarred your Ammi, but don't tell anyone okay. It's our secret", Faryal said with a smile to which Zahra smiled.

Faryal looked around and registered that she was still in Zohaib's room. She slightly raised on her elbow to peek at the other side of the bed thinking that Zohaib might be asleep and wouldn't know about her blunder but the other end of the bed was empty.

"Faryal, what have you done? Ahhh", She mentally facepalmed herself.

"What will your daddy think about me now Zahra? How will we go downstairs? Hayee" She whined. 

"He might think I'm an opportunist, Allah miyan Izat rakh lijyen ga ab muj bewakof ki", She said trying to relax her throbbing heart.

She thought for a few minutes and then said with a smile " He might have gone to the hospital, umm yeah...Zahra is fine so it's very likely he has gone to the hospital".

"Let's go downstairs Zahra", Faryal said in a cheerful tone. She straightened her kameez, adjusted the dupatta on one shoulder, tucked her hair in a bun, and went downstairs with Zahra in her hands. 

"I'll ask Nadia baji to instruct me how to clean you up, okay Zahra. Ammi doesn't know na", She said to Zahra because she had no idea how to clean up Zahra in the morning and thought she will take shower as well after that.

"Zahra is here", Zain called out loudly when he saw them coming towards the lounge.

"Assalam u Alikum!", Faryal greeted everyone and heard several "Walikum Assalam" in reply.

"Aray give my daughter to me", Dad said moving his hand forward. Faryal went in his direction and gave him Zahra.

"Zahra, dada Abu was waiting for you, How are you now my child?", dad was talking with Zahra.

"She still looks pale", Huzaifa said and sat on his knees in front of Zahra and kissed her cheek and then her hands.

"Did she sleep well?", Mom asked Faryal.

"Yes mom", Faryal replied with a smile.

 "Why everyone is home?", Faryal asked in surprise.

"We all took off to spend our day with Zahra", Mom said. Faryal smiled in reply. Everyone's concern for Zahra was really overwhelming. Everyone surrounded Zahra, Zain and Huzaifa were making her smile.

"Zohaib why are you sitting so far away? Are you okay?", Dad said suddenly.

Faryal froze at her place with an open mouth after hearing dad's words. She moved her head slightly and realized Zohaib was sitting at the other end of the lounge, silently looking at them.

"Dad I'm fine", Zohaib replied.

"The breakfast is ready", the household announced.

"I'll fresh up first", Faryal said and hurriedly climbed the stairs. She entered her room, closed the door, and stood there with her back pressed to the door. 

"Everything is fine Fary. Breath in, breath out. Don't let the situation get on your nerves", She said keeping her hand on her throbbing heart.

"Wese b it was not my fault, he told me to stay there with Zahra. If I fell asleep unintentionally how can it be my fault", She convinced herself with a pout.

"Ah! smart-me", She added proudly, and mentally patted herself with a smile.

------------------------------------

"Zain I'm asking you last time, will you help me or not?", Faryal asked looking at Zain.

"Bhabhiiii", Zain whined. 

"Why do I always land in such a situation", he added.

"I thought you are the only person who could do that, but I think I should ask Huzaifa for help. It's okay Zain I don't mind", Faryal said with a puppy dog expression. 

She started walking away when zain said, "Let me think bhabhi".

 A smile appeared on her face. She was acting all along. She knew after hearing Huzaifa's name Zain would definitely help her.

"I'll do that, lekin agar kahi shaheed hogya beech mein zimadar ap hongi bhabhi", Zain said like a child.

"You can do it I know that", Faryal side hugged Zain.

-------------------------------------

Zohaib was sitting on his bed while Zahra was watching her rhymes lying on his chest. The door of his room was open. Zain and Faryal stopped beside the door.

"Best of luck!", Faryal murmured. Zain nodded his head, took a deep breath, and entered Zohaib's room.

"Bhai are you ok..ay? Zain said with a stutter.

Zohaib looked up from his mobile and starred at Zain with narrowed eyes." I'm fine Zain, what happened to me?", Zohaib asked in confusion.

"Wo bhai , I..I thought", Zain stuttered again and a cold sweat formed on his forehead.

"Yeh Zain aj marvaye ga", Faryal face palmed herself.

"Zain are you, okay. If you want to say something you can say it", Zohaib replied in concern.

Zain moved his head towards the door, Faryal signaled him to say further. Zohaib followed Zain's gaze and Faryal moved backward.

"Zain what happened? why are you looking outside? Tell me what's on your mind. Are you okay?", Zohaib questioned.

"Bhai you know my A levels exams have finished a few days ago and I'm free until the result", Zain finally said.

"Hmm", Zohaib hummed urging him to continue.

"I thought for the past few months I couldn't spend much time with Zahra, it's either she is not home or I was busy in studies", Zain stopped he knew he was going towards the sensitive topic.

"woh bhai If you don't mind, can you leave Zahra... Zahra at home?", Zain stated.

"Tomorrow?" Zohaib questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"Uh no... I mean every day", Zain stopped. He knew it's now a do or die situation. Zohaib looked at him in surprise.

"Sorry Zain but it's not possible", after some time Zohaib responded.

"But bhai it's getting hot outside, it would be best for Zahra to stay at home", Zain regained his confidence.

"I really appreciate your concern but Zain you can't handle her alone, She needs me around her", Zohaib reasoned.

"But bhai", Zain responsed.

"Sorry Zain", Zohaib reacted.

Faryal knew it's her time to get into action. She checked her appearance and stood in front of the door of her room showing that she doesn't know anything and entering her room. (Both rooms are adjacent to each other).

"Bhabhi", Zain called out. Faryal moved her head in the backward direction.

"Zain did you call me?", She asked innocently.

"Yes, please come here bhabhi", Zain said loudly.

 Faryal came towards him and stood beside him. Zohaib was looking at both of them.

"I was telling Bhai to leave Zahra at home. Bhabhi will you help me to take care of Zahra? you will be home too", Zain asked her.

"Yeah, why not", Faryal said with a smile.

"This conversation is taking us nowhere, She can not stay away from me for hours Zain. I'm sorry.", Zohaib said trying to end the conversation.

"But we can try Bhai, If it worked we would continue that otherwise, I will never insist on you again. I promise", Zain said with hopeful eyes.

"And what about your business school entrance exam? when will you prepare for it", Zohaib interrogated.

"Woh tou yeh kar hi lay ga", Faryal replied in a cheerful manner and slapped Zain slightly on his arm. 

"Uhu uhu", Zain cleared his throat signaling Faryal that she has gone out of her character.

Zohaib shot up his eyes towards her.

"Uh I mean, Zain is a very intelligent boy. If he is saying he can manage then he will In'Sha'Allah. Hain na Zain?", Faryal tried to cover her blunder.

"Yes", Zain agreed.

Zohaib heaved a sigh. He thought for few minutes and then finally said, "I'll try it for you, but Zahra should not get hurt emotionally. If she could not accept the change I'll take her with me".  

It was hard for him but seeing his little brother sad because of him was worse. A smile appeared on Zain and Faryal's face and they agreed to Zohaib's demand.

 After some time both of them left his room and burst into a fit of laughter once they reached Zain's room.

"Thank you Zain...Thank you so muchhhh", Faryal said hugging Zain.

"Look I told you, only you can do that", She added with a smile.

"Nothing is impossible for Zain Ahmed Durrani", He said with a playful smile and winked.

"Indeed", She replied proudly. Convincing Zohaib for such a drastic change was not an easy task.

"I just hope it goes well now, we want to help Bhai but he is right we should not hurt Zahra in the process. She is very attached to Bhai", Zain said.

"We both will try together". Faryal assured him.

"In'Sha'Allah everything will go fine", Faryal said hopefully with a glint of happiness in her eyes.

------------------------------------------

Assalam-u-Alikum/Namsate. ❤

How was today's update?

Do you think Zahra would be able to adapt to the new arrangement?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 2.6K 9
Saanvi Verma, a beautiful 21 year old girl living in a happy family. She's so kind and humble. She catches the attention of a heartless Rehaan Khan...
555K 31.1K 33
❝ She came into his life like an angel that she was and changed its whole meaning ❞ The story of a brother who has spoiled his little sister rotten...
20.8K 2.4K 63
••|3rd in Arranged Series|•• Can be read as a standalone I always found myself getting mesmerized by him. And today was no different. As I came into...
489K 22.8K 24
She looked at all of them with hopeful eyes. No one belived her. Except Him ! She didn't expect him to believe her out of all the people. She had exp...