My companion | میرےہمدم

By 7Hazel

#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed... More

Authors note
Characters Sketch
Reflection|عکس
Dissociation | بچھڑنا
Sparkle | رونق
Priceless | انمول
Meeting | ملاقات
Restlessness | اضطراب
Stars | انجم
I do | قبول ہے
Indifference | تغافل
Strangers | اغیار
Coincidence | اتفاق
Gem | گوہر
Effort | کاوش
Full Moon | ماہ کامل
Longing | حسرت
Worry | تفکر
Determination | عزم
Blow | ضرب
Darkness | تیرگی
Begining | ابتداء
Sincerity | اخلاص
Responsibilty | ذمہ داري
Pain | درد
Trust | اعتماد
Colors | رنگ
Author's note
Family | خاندان
Moment | لمحہ
Care | خیال
Delighted | شاد
Selfless | بےلوث
Protector | پاسباں
Birthday | سالگراہ
Birthday-II | سالگراہ
Birthday-III | سالگراہ
Gradually | رفتہ رفتہ
Closeness | قربت
Related | وابستہ
Affect | اثر
Eid | عید
Embrace | آغوش
Face to face | مقابل
Dewy | شبنمی
Not an update
Unique | نایاب
Drop | قطرہ
Lost in wonder | محوحیرت
Sacred | مقدس
Knock | دستک
Separation | جدائی
Evening | سانجھ
Awaiting | منتظر
Unexpected | غیر متوقع
Twilight | شفق
Confront | روبرو
Misunderstanding |غَلَط فہمی
Helplessness | بے بسی
Unease | خلش
Complete | مکمل
Author's note
Epilogue-1
Epilogue-2

Mark | نقش

19.8K 1.1K 162
By 7Hazel

الٹی ہی چال چلتے ہیں دیوانگان عشق 

آنکھوں کو بند کرتے ہیں دیدار کے لیے

(Ulti hi chaal chalthay hain diwan-e-ganay Ishq

Ankho ko bhund karthay hain dedar kay leye) 

DURRANI HOUSE:

Faryal entered Durrani house humming a happy song. She was very happy to meet uncle and aunty.

"Assalam-u-Alikum", Faryal greeted Nadia baji.

"Waliku assalam Faryal bibi, How was your day?", Nadia baji asked.

"Great! What abou..." Before Faryal could complete her sentence she heard a loud shriek of Zahra and after that her continuous loud cries.

'"She might have woken up again", Nadia baji said in a low tone.

"Does something happen to Zahra?", Faryal asked in a terror-filled voice.

"Zahra is vaccinated today, She has been crying since the morning.", Nadia baji replied. A twinge of pain arose in Faryal's heart, she climbed up the stairs hurriedly and made her way to Zohaib's room.

The scenario in front of her was heartbreaking. Zahra was crying and breathing heavily, it looked like she was tired of crying but her pain was still there. Zain and Zohaib were trying to soothe Zahra.

"Zahraaa", Faryal said holding her hand.

"Can't we give her any pain-killer", Faryal said with tears filled eyes.

Zain heaved a sigh and said, "We have been giving her pain killer but the moment we put it in her mouth she starts crying due to pain and spits out the medicine".

"She is not eating anything as well", Zain added.

"We don't have any other option?" she asked.

"Let's apply the warm fomentation again if she let her do this time", Zohaib said.

"You will take her in your lap, Zain would hold her legs and I'll apply it", Zohaib instructed them.

Faryal sat down on the bed with Zahra in her lap. Zain held her both legs and Zohaib started applying the warm fomentation as planned.

Faryal started reciting verses and kept praying for Zahra. The tears of agony were streaming down her face uncontrollably seeing her daughter in a painful state.

"Zahra! the pain will vanish soon Meri Jaan", She muttered.

A few minutes later Zahra has stopped crying, but she was coughing to catch her breath with her eyes closed. Zohaib was still applying the warm fomentation. After some time he went to the closet and brought Zahra's wrapping cloth.

"Her legs are numb so we can wrap that cloth to minimize her movements", Zohaib said and wrapped Zahra in that cloth. He took the pain killer and put it in her mouth with the help of a dropper.

"I hope she doesn't throw up again", Zain said in concern.

"I'll ready her feeder, maybe she will take it now", Faryal said and hurriedly prepared her bottle feeder and handed it to Zohaib.

"Shukar Allah ka, she finally had something", Zain heaved a sigh of satisfaction while holding an empty feeder in his hands.

Zohaib placed Zahra on his shoulder and started patting her back to make her sleep.

"I think we should leave them alone", Faryal whispered.

"Ji bhabhi you are right", Zain replied. They dimmed the lights and left the room without making any noise.

----------------------------------

Zain narrated the whole story to mom, dad, and Huzaifa when they reached home.

"Oh mere Allah! you should have called me at least Zain. How did he manage Zahra alone since morning", Mom said in a guilt-filled voice.

"It slipped out of my mind mom, I was tense by myself seeing Zahra like that", Zain replied.

"I'll go and see her", Dad said and stood up from the sofa.

"No dad, please don't go now. You might wake her again", Zain said.

"Yes dad, Zain is right we would see her tomorrow", Huzaifa stated.

"Okay, I think both of you are right.", Dad replied.

A few minutes later mom and dad left the lounge.

"How did your day go with uncle and aunty", Huzaifa questioned looking at Faryal.

"Lovely", She said with a smile. "They looked so happy to see us and insisted me to visit them often with you guys".

"They are very loving", Huzaifa agreed with Faryal.

After some time of chit chats, Zain and Huzaifa went to their rooms as it was getting late already. 

Faryal went to the kitchen where Nadia baji was standing with another helper finishing their work.

"Nadia baji, did Zohaib had his lunch?" Faryal asked.

"No Faryal bibi, he has not eaten anything since morning", Nadia baji replied.

"If you don't mind can you please reheat the dinner for him? I don't know where you keep things", Faryal requested.

"Ji zaroor. But Faryal bibi what about your dinner?", Nadia baji asked.

"Nadia baji I'm not hungry", Faryal replied.

Faryal made a platter for Zohaib and took the tray to his room. She carefully opened the door entered the room and closed it without making any sound.

Zohaib was sitting on the bed with closed eyes, his back leaning against the headboard of the bed. Zahra was lying on him her head fixed at one of his shoulders.

"Zohaib", Faryal whispered.

Zohaib opened his eyes, looked at Faryal who was slightly bent in his direction.

"Your dinner", Faryal said in a very low voice.

Zohaib looked at Zahra, he was afraid that if he moved a little bit Zahra would wake up. He shook his head indicating a no. Faryal looked at him and then the food for a few minutes. She has realized why did he deny the dinner.

"I can feed him with my hands, aese tou inko  bhooka sona parhay ga", She thought.

She wrapped the vegetables in a piece of tortilla and brought it near his mouth. Zohaib starred at her hand and then looked at her in confusion.

"Please take this", Faryal said. 

"I won't be able to sleep knowing you are sleeping hungry", She requested him after few seconds.

Zohaib opened his mouth and took the morsel from her hand. He was hungry but he had lost his appetite due to his daughter's condition. Faryal made sure he was full until she stopped feeding him anymore and left his room with a content smile on her face.

-------------------------------------------

Faryal was lying on the bed, wide awake starring at the ceiling. She was thinking about the series of events that happened today. She was feeling emotionally drained. Zohaib's worn-out state and Zahra's condition left their marks on her mind.

"He is getting thin day by day, there should be a way to ease his sufferings.", She muttered.

"Allah Miyan show me a way to help him, please", She prayed.

She was lost in her thoughts when an Idea popped up in her mind.

"Aray, why didn't I think this earlier?" She facepalmed herself. "I hope it would work out", She added with a smile on her face.

-------------------------------------------

Zohaib woke up when he felt Zahra stirring above him. He moved his eyes towards Zahra who was wide awake but still she has kept her head on his chest. She looked drained out due to crying. He couldn't sleep much last night due to his mentally and physically disturbed state.  

"Zahra how are you feeling betay?", Zohaib said in a hoarse voice and rubbed Zahra's back. He was feeling pain in his back due to his sitting position for hours.

"You have scarred your daddy yesterday", Zohaib heaved a sigh.

"I pray that a day like that never come in your life again meri jan", He voiced his emotions and kissed Zahra on her head. He moved his eyes towards the window and realized that it was early morning. The slight tint of sun rays was creeping on the dark night sky.

Faryal could not sleep much last night as well. She woke up in the middle of the night and was getting out of her room to refill her jug after offering Fajar prayer when she heard murmurs coming from Zohaib's room.

"I should check on them", She muttered and went towards his room. Instead of knocking on the door she cautiously turned the knob of the door and peeked through the little gap. She saw Zohaib was talking with Zahra who was glued to his chest and entered his room.

"Uhu Uhu", She cleared her throat. "Is Zahra awake?", She asked.

Zohaib stopped talking with Zahra and stared at Faryal.

"Sorry for barging in without knocking I didn't want to disturb Zahra, I was going downstairs when I heard your voice, I thought you might need some help. How is she now?", She explained her actions.

"I think the pain has subsided thankfully, but she still has a fever", Zohaib said keeping his hand on Zahra's forehead.

"If you want to fresh up, I'll take care of Zahra", Faryal offered.

"You might be tired of sitting like this, you can trust me", She added when Zohaib didn't say anything.

"Okay, you first sit here then I'll pass Zahra to you", Zohaib said pointing at the other side of the bed. He was tired by himself of managing things alone.

Faryal nodded her head, placed the empty jug in her hand on the night stand and sat beside him on the other side of the bed. Zohaib scrupulously placed Zahra's head on Faryal's shoulder while Faryal held her lower body.

Zohaib went to take a warm shower thinking it might help his stiff back muscles. 

A few minutes later Zahra let out a soft whimper.

"It's okay now Zahra, Ammi is here. She will take care of her baby.", Faryal said. Zahra was fixed to her position, it looked like she does not have the energy to move. Seeing Zahra like that was heart-wrenching. Zahra has always been an active and bubbly child.

Faryal kept talking to Zahra in a loving baby voice, jumping from one story to another. She knew Zahra is unable to understand all this but still, she wanted a response from her.

Zohaib came out from the bathroom after taking shower, handed Faryal Zahra's bottle feeder to feed her so he can give her medicine after that. His back was still stiff and now he was having a horrible headache due to a sleepless night as well. He laid down on the bed on his side with closed eyes.

Faryal was talking to Zahra, when suddenly Zahra moved her head a little bit towards Faryal, her body still glued to her Ammi, and smiled weakly. Faryal stopped for a second and a smile crept on her face.

"Zahraaa you are such a cheater, I thought you are not listening. Butttt my naughty girl is instead smiling over Ammi's banter....Huh, Mera bachaa", Faryal said dramatically and kissed Zahra's nose.

"Ammi pay hanso gi ab ap, very baddd", she added playfully.

"She has finished her milk, you can give her medicine now", Faryal said looking at him.

He opened his eyes after listening to her words. He stood up from the bed took Zahra's medicine and went towards her.

"Ahh", Zohaib uttered involuntarily when he was trying to bend down a little to insert the drooper in Zahra's mouth and stood up straight again.

Faryal narrowed her eyes in concern and asked " Are you okay?"

Zohaib nodded his head indicating a yes. She looked at him and realized he was not fine, he is only pretending to be fine.

Faryal thought for a second and then cautiously laid down Zahra in her lap, placed her head on her knee while continuously talking to her to drift her attention. She was also looking at Zahra's face for any sign of pain but thankfully she seemed normal.

"And Zahra Ammi will take you for shopping", Faryal was saying, moved her hand towards Zohaib to take the dropper from him with her eyes fixed on Zahra. Whereas Zahra's gaze was fixed on her. She was enjoying her Ammi's loud and dramatic expressions.

Faryal inserted the dropper in Zahra's mouth with one hand while with the other she was lightly rubbing her chest and was continually speaking "What will Zahra buy, han? Zahra will buy diapers for herself. So many diapers. Hain na?". Zahra smiled weakly again.

Faryal gave the empty dropper to Zohaib and said with a smile, "you can take some rest if you want. I'll handle Zahra.".

Zohaib nodded his head and laid down again on his side of the bed.

"Should I take Zahra out of the room, if we are disturbing you", Faryal asked.

"No", He replied.

Faryal was playing with Zahra when she realized that Zohaib has fallen asleep. He looked relax now. Faryal heaved a sigh in relief. "May Allah give him strength", she prayed in her heart.

Zahra seemed sleepy too. Faryal laid down on the bed taking Zahra in her embrace and tapped her until she fell into a deep slumber. Zahra's soft snores made her smile. She was happy that at least Zahra was feeling fine now.

"That's how my baba Jan would have raised me", she thought sadly.

"I'll stay with Zahra until Zohaib wakes up".

She was lost in her thought when after some time she was also unintentionally sound asleep with Zahra in her warm embrace. 

----------------------------------------

ASSALAM-U-ALIKUM / NAMASTE. 

I hope everyone is doing safe and well.❤

How was today's update?

My story is trending #1 in Pakistan Yayyy, patah nahi yeh moujza kese ho raha hai lekin dekh k acha lug raha hai. hahaha

Thank you for your precious comments and votes. ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.6K 2.9K 26
His foot steps fell near the bed as he pulled out a velvet box from his Kameez pocket. Twisting it in his hand, his lips formed into a sneer as he th...
664K 54.1K 55
[wattpad featured story] For Rabail her entire world revolves around the ideals, traditions, and honor of her family, but fate brings her face to fac...
1.5M 52.2K 18
(Unwanted series#1) Ever heard of any unwanted person? Ever? Aziya was also one of them, an unwanted. No one wanted her. She was an unwanted daughter...
290K 15.6K 22
"Me Usmaan ke ilawa kisi bhi mard ke bistar pr sone ka soch bhi nahi sakti" "Naam Nahi Lo Uska!" "Usmaan" Zaakir Khan. A messiah to many, a man...