ETHALINE

By ninithewriter

ETHALINE FLORENCE MALFOY, twin of Draco Malfoy and the second choice finds comfort in a certain raven haired... More

WARNINGS
BOOK TRAILER
AUTHOR NOTE
CAST
INTRODUCTION
AESTHETE
THANATOPHOBIA
FEAR STUCK
MAD EYE MOODY
REVELATION
THE DRAGON
THE FIRST CHALLENGE
MYSTERY
THE PROPOSALS
HEIGHT ADDS CHARACTER
YULE BALL
NEW YEAR
THE BLACK LAKE
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
HOGSMEAD
THE CALL
THE MAZE
REVELATON
THE MALFOY'S
ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
NEW BEGININGS
THE CHOICE
SUMMER SHENANIGANS
THE FIFTH YEAR
AZURA
AN UNWANTED VISIT
DUMLEDORE'S ARMY
LUCIUS
A COMPROMISING POSITION
"Oh Chosen one"
LONESOME
WEASLEBEE AND HERMES
A LONG AWAITED CONFIRMATION
CHRISTMAS DAY
A NEW MYSTERY
|NEW CAST MEMBERS|
THE SLYTHERIN INQUISTIION
THE RECKONING
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
ON THE RUN
FIREWORKS AND RUN INS
A GRAY SKY
PART TWO
THE MOURNING AFTER
ETHALINE'S PROPHECY
ONE LAST TIME
A GINNY SECRET
A LOST BOOK AND EMPTY CLASSROOM
END OF THE YEAR
TICKET TO HELL
ANDROMEDA COMES HOME
SUMMER WITH WEALEBEE
YEAR SIX: QUIDDITCH AND POTIONS
FIST MEETS FERET
AZKABAN BREAK IN
A BREAK
THE DINNER PARTY
LOSE CONTROL
A WEASLEY CHRISTMAS
DRAGONS DON'T BURN
DRUNKEN DUO
RAMILDA VANE
SURPRISE IN A BOTTLE
NO ESCAPE
A DARK SURPRISE
FEELINGS DIE
REFUSAL OF HELP
A MALFOY REUNION
COLLECTING DEBT
GRAVEYARD HUNT
DOBBY
CALM BEFORE THE STORM
ME AND MY HSUBAND
TANGLED RELATIONS
PART 3
POLAROID
DRAMA QUEEN
"Lovegood? More like Hatebad."
JIXNX
A HERO'S DEATH
MIDNIGHT TALK
GRINGOTTS
THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM
At a Crossroad
SLYTHERINS IN ROMANIA
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 1
MISSING PERSONS CASE
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 2
A BITTERSWEET GOODBYE
THE END
BONUS

THE ROR

7.1K 236 68
By ninithewriter

Harry was determined to bring up what he saw, between Theo and Ethaline a few days back, he wanted to. But his own problems seemed to be caving in on him. Professor Umbridge had been treating everyone like rubbish, telling them what to do and not to do. Including taking timed bathroom breaks to keep order. It was getting ridiculous and he was worried he didn't have a place to train his friends yet.

That was until Neville showed up and told him about the Room of Requirement.

Ethaline walked the empty hall before looking around the place to make sure no one was there. It was then she saw a hint of blonde hair, probably Draco's so she grabbed her wand and twirled it in her hand while casting a mirroring spell.

In a soft green ripple of light a wall formed and Ethaline turned back to the wall before a door appeared in front of her. She bit her lips and allowed for it to open before stepping in. She was nervous to say the least, people had been whispering about her behind her back and avoided her at all cost. 

She had to admit the first week or so it was refreshing to be alone but after...she just felt the wave of loneliness creep up on her she even considered writing to her mother—which she quickly dismissed. 

Ethaline braved it and walked in the way her mother taught her, in a room full of people who do like or agree with you...you walk in with your head held high and a fiery gaze that will make them regret it. 

Harry, who had been glancing at Cho every once in a while who seemed to lose her appeal as he looked at Ethaline across the room. Something felt different in the way she presented herself in that moment, especially because of what he witnessed. She looked, daunting and intimidating. Everything he saw in her father was present in her, but not in the traditional way. 

Everything Lucius lacked or had an opinion on was opposite to hers, yet she was the spitting image of the intimidating man he had grown to hate. 

She looked...perfect. 

Ethaline greeted Neville with a smile and a curt nod before the two went to speaking elsewhere in the room. Harry then realized how jealous he was of their friendship and how easy it was for her to pick up a conversation with Neville...he's never felt this way before. 

Harry then walked to the front, "Can we form two lines facing each other, I'll be demonstrating the stupefy with um Ron—brilliant just like that." He said as he grabbed his wand. "Hermione—" 

Hermione narrowed her eyes at Ethaline and Neville who seemed to be in a deep discussion. "We cannot begin until someone stops talking." 

Ethaline snapped her gaze over to Hermione, an innocent smile on her face. "I'm assuming that's you." She said in a sweet voice, knowing how to press her buttons because of how predictable Hermione was. 

"No." Hermione fumed, "I was talking about you—" 

"Mione—" Ron tried.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about," Ethaline said, her smugness showing in her faux innocent look, "Though I would set it aside as Harry has begun speaking. Harry, you were saying?" 

Everyone's eyes shifted from Ethaline's to Harry while he turned a beat red. His hands becoming clammy as he met Ethaline's dark gray eyes that gleamed a bit in amusment. "R-right." He stuttered while the twins glanced at each other. 

"You've got a little drool on your chin there, mate." Fred said as Ethaline's eyes widened, who were they referring to?

Suddenly she looked at Cho who was looking at Harry and he seemed to be looking right at her. 

Oh. 

The indescribable feeling of disappointment washed over Ethaline as she neutralized her expression and stared at the wall behind the other line before the practice continued.

Ethaline was partnered with Neville, naturally, everyone else either hated her or was scared of her. "Christ Neville you're going to blow my head off." Ethaline laughed, throwing her head back as Neville gave her a sheepish look as he put his wand down his back. 

"Sorry." 

"No it's fine—" Ethaline said as she composed herself, her face red, "Let's try again. Um...You're pronouncing it wrong. It's stew-pi-fy, not stuh-py-fy" She enunciated slowly while he said it a couple of times.

It was then she realized her partners somber mood. "What's the matter Nev?" Ethaline asked quietly, glancing around to make sure no one was nearby. From the corner of her eye she saw Harry Potter only inches away from Cho as she tried the spell out herself. 

Ethaline pressed her lips into a thin line before turning back to Neville who hung his head low. "I've just been doing some thinking...about my parents." 

Ethaline furrowed her eyebrows, "Is something the matter? We could leave now and head over to Mungo's—" 

"It's not that." He sighed but looking up and giving her a weak smile, "Thanks though. The problem is...with everything going on I keep hearing the name..." 

Ethaline's face fell as she let him go, "Bellatrix." She whispered, a cold shiver going down her spine as she adverted her gaze from his kind eyes.

"The Ministry has spoken out about the prison break—"

Ethaline's eyes widened as she looked at him, "She escaped?!" 

Neville furrowed his eyebrows, "Y-yes. Bellatrix as well as nine others escaped Azkaban. I'm surprised you didn't know—how did you not know?" 

Ethaline closed her eyes, "I've shunned all matters concerning my family, I'm sorry Neville I've been a terrible friend wallowing in my self pity but I promise you, I promise you Bellatrix won't hurt you." 

Neville nodded softly, he knew it would be impossible for her to keep her away, even she knew it, but the though the and gesture didn't go unnoticed. "I'm going to visit my parents later today, just to tell them how nervous I am about our O.W.L.S." He began.

Ethaline smiled, "I'd love to go with you." 

"Go where?" 

The two jumped back and saw Harry standing behind them, suddenly a bubble of anger formed in Ethaline as she looked him up and down. "That's none of your concern, Potter." She said quietly. 

"W-what—"

"I think Cho needs help." Ethaline said as she pushed her hair back and fluttered her lashes at his still figure in front of hair. 

Neville turned a bright red, "She's um...coming with me to see my parents..." 

When Ethaline snapped her head to face him Neville visibly cowered as he chuckled nervously, "S-surely you weren't serious." 

Harry narrowed his eyes at Ethaline, "Is something the matter?" 

The blonde girl blushed lightly, "No. Nothing is the matter." She said in a snippy tone, her small and narrow nose up in the air in a defiant manner. 

Harry bit the inside of his cheek, his eyes examining her which caused her to blush harder as he finally said, "Well go on, show me the spell." He said, motioning with his hand at her wand. 

Ethaline raised her eyebrows in surprise, "You're asking me to challenge you, oh great chosen one?" She said, sarcasm dripping in every word as a small smirk formed, "I don't think you'd be able to take it." 

Harry felt his body light itself on fire as he kept a composed look, "I promise you," he said starring into her eyes, "I can handle it."

Whether or not there was a double meaning to it Ethaline didn't know as everyone quickly formed the lines for them to do it. The tension in the room had skyrocketed as well as their body heat as Ethaline and Harry stood on two opposite poles, their wands out. 

"I won't go easy on you," Harry said as Ethaline scoffed playfully. 

"I'd hope not, easy is boring—repelió!" Ethaline twirled her wand through her fingers making a circular motion that repelled his hex. 

"Expelíamos—" 

Everyone watched as Ethaline easily blocked and returned a couple of spells without breaking a sweat, and this was only her playing around with him. The thought of seeing her serious in combat made everyone uneasy. 

"Protego—" Ethaline burst into light giggles, "Incarcerous!" 

Harry fell to the ground with a groan, his hands and feet in a bind as everyone tried their best to suppress their laughs while Harry tried to contain his smile, "Accio Ethaline." 

Ethaline yelped as a she felt something yank her towards Harry so that she landed on him, her hands catching her so that they were on either side of his head. The rest of her body was hovering just above, practically shaking as she was in a plank position.  Ethaline panted slightly, her eyes wide as her hair fell around them, shielding them from everyone else. 

After what felt like ages she whispered, "Finite Incantartem." Before waving her wand slightly before the binds became undone and he caught her by gripping her waist. 

"This seems personal." One of the twins called. 

"Should we leave?"

"Shut up Weasel." Ethaline said, pushing herself off his chest and standing up with the help of someone—she didn't see who—before she dusted herself off and avoided any eye contact as she blushing ferociously. The twins shot a wink in her direction as she rolled her eyes and ignored them. They had gotten used to her calling them names specifically Weasels, she didn't call Ron the name knowing he couldn't take it without lashing out. 

Harry cleared his throat and got up, ignoring the stares from his best friends and then asked, "Who's next?"

As soon as the practice was over Ron raced to Harry "I think you should...think about asking Ethaline Malfoy to duel." Ron muttered as everyone started to leave. "She's got Lucius Malfoy as her parent add that to the fact that she's got more knowledge on spells and such should give you a warning. Not to mention she's been having private tutors her whole life against the Dark Arts or with. I hope you didn't think her whole upbringing was tea and crumpets with a side of evil on Sunday only." 

Harry rolled his eyes, "Well she's here—" 

"For who knows what reason!" He said in a hushed tone before they both saw the room emptying. The only people left were Ron, Hermione, the twins, Cho, Neville and Ethaline. 

"Hey Harry we've got some wicked new products that will have Umbridge—" 

Harry nodded in a dismissive manner as he walked over to the three. Finally the twins got the hint and left. Meanwhile Ethaline spoke quietly to Neville as they faced the picture Harry had brought. "They're proud of you." Ethaline reassured, "I know it." 

"I haven't done anything." Neville said quietly, "Nothing worth being proud of." 

Ethaline inhaled deeply and crossed her arms over her chest, "Well you're here now, standing in the middle of chaos, fighting for the right side—the good side—and...and by being my friend even if you know where I come from." She said quietly, "You're strong Neville Longbottom, a true Gryffindor and anyone who says otherwise is full of it." 

Neville's eyes watered before he hugged Ethaline, she tensed lightly at the contact and smiled as he pulled away, "Come on, if we leave now, we can get there and have dinner." 

Harry cleared his throat softly, "Would you...mind if I join too?" 

Neville grinned, "Of course not!" He said before glancing over at Cho. Ethaline did the same and felt her heart sink to the bottom of her stomach, "We'll leave you." She whispered, grabbing her school bag and pushing past Harry who seemed to be confused. 

Neville gave him an encouraging nod, "We'll be waiting outside." 

And with that, he left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 375 14
(I am bad at summaries, but the story will be better. Promise) Jordan Ray is best friends with the Weasleys. Some of them. She hates Percy for obviou...
7.4K 148 23
Delilah Ana Malfoy the oldest sister of Draco Malfoy. She is not like her family. She hates Voldemort, she hates her father. She wants to protect her...
36.3K 1K 13
The Potter twins are entering their third year at Hogwarts. Does (Y/n) put herself in a tragic love story?! read to find out what will happened,and w...