ETHALINE

By ninithewriter

ETHALINE FLORENCE MALFOY, twin of Draco Malfoy and the second choice finds comfort in a certain raven haired... More

WARNINGS
BOOK TRAILER
AUTHOR NOTE
CAST
INTRODUCTION
AESTHETE
THANATOPHOBIA
FEAR STUCK
MAD EYE MOODY
REVELATION
THE DRAGON
THE FIRST CHALLENGE
MYSTERY
THE PROPOSALS
HEIGHT ADDS CHARACTER
YULE BALL
NEW YEAR
THE BLACK LAKE
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
HOGSMEAD
THE CALL
THE MAZE
REVELATON
THE MALFOY'S
ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
NEW BEGININGS
THE CHOICE
SUMMER SHENANIGANS
THE FIFTH YEAR
AZURA
AN UNWANTED VISIT
DUMLEDORE'S ARMY
THE ROR
A COMPROMISING POSITION
"Oh Chosen one"
LONESOME
WEASLEBEE AND HERMES
A LONG AWAITED CONFIRMATION
CHRISTMAS DAY
A NEW MYSTERY
|NEW CAST MEMBERS|
THE SLYTHERIN INQUISTIION
THE RECKONING
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
ON THE RUN
FIREWORKS AND RUN INS
A GRAY SKY
PART TWO
THE MOURNING AFTER
ETHALINE'S PROPHECY
ONE LAST TIME
A GINNY SECRET
A LOST BOOK AND EMPTY CLASSROOM
END OF THE YEAR
TICKET TO HELL
ANDROMEDA COMES HOME
SUMMER WITH WEALEBEE
YEAR SIX: QUIDDITCH AND POTIONS
FIST MEETS FERET
AZKABAN BREAK IN
A BREAK
THE DINNER PARTY
LOSE CONTROL
A WEASLEY CHRISTMAS
DRAGONS DON'T BURN
DRUNKEN DUO
RAMILDA VANE
SURPRISE IN A BOTTLE
NO ESCAPE
A DARK SURPRISE
FEELINGS DIE
REFUSAL OF HELP
A MALFOY REUNION
COLLECTING DEBT
GRAVEYARD HUNT
DOBBY
CALM BEFORE THE STORM
ME AND MY HSUBAND
TANGLED RELATIONS
PART 3
POLAROID
DRAMA QUEEN
"Lovegood? More like Hatebad."
JIXNX
A HERO'S DEATH
MIDNIGHT TALK
GRINGOTTS
THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM
At a Crossroad
SLYTHERINS IN ROMANIA
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 1
MISSING PERSONS CASE
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 2
A BITTERSWEET GOODBYE
THE END
BONUS

LUCIUS

7.2K 226 55
By ninithewriter

Lucius Malfoy stood just outside the balcony of his bedroom, his hands behind his back as Narcissa's boats echoed throughout it the room softly. Her face was unreadable as she handed him the newspaper one of their servants had brought them.

"
ETHALINE FLORENCE MALFOY CLEARED OF SMUGGLING AND CONTROLLING DRAGONS
"

"Was it your doing?" Narcissa asked quietly, fearing the wrath of her husband and Lucius clenched his jaw. Ever since her departure, Narcissa was further from Lucius than ever. 

She didn't agree with his methods, his poor daughter suffered his impulsive and vile nature because of how fearful he was of the Dark Lord. "We swore we would protect them, no matter the cost Narcissa." Lucius said slowly, his tone low as he watched the clouds afar. 

Narcissa bowed her head, "I'm aware—" 

"Then lose the judgment." Lucius snapped in his still and cold manner as he turned to face her. "As my wife and the mother of my children you are obligated to follow me. We must present a United front." 

Narcissa nodded, "And how will you do that? How will we do that?" Narcissa corrected. "Ethaline wants nothing to do with the Malfoy name, she hasn't touched her account in Gringotrs for months now." She started, "The only way she would return is if..." 

Narcissa stopped talking, if you accepted who she is. If you told her you loved her, that you're proud of her. Everything you stopped saying when you fell deeper and deeper into the dark hole you created. 

Lucius clenched his jaw and swiftly turned away, not trusting his heavy hand as it gripped the railing. He didn't say anything. In his own twisted and outdated way, Lucius loved his kids. He loved his daughter, even if he didn't show it. Ethaline reminded him of everything good in the world, her giddy optimism and lack of emotions towards others reminded him of a simpler time. 

|| SOME YEARS AGO ||

Lucius Malfoy and Narcisa laid in bed, their arms holding the other as they slept soundly before the sound of a single twin crying woke them up. It was Draco, Lucius recognized it by the shrill scream as he groaned into the pillow. 

Narcissa couldn't help but laugh quietly as she began to her up, "I should go before he wakes Ethy, she'll surely wake everyone around the whole house." She muttered with a small laugh before Lucius stopped her. 

"I've got it. Get some rest." He told her before kissing her forehead and heading out of bed towards the twin's nursery. From the crib, young Draco kept himself standing by gripping onto the railing, his eyes wide with an attempted giggle escaping his lips but it had sounded more like a gurgle. 

Lucius sighed and held Draco before looking over at Ethaline's crib to make sure she was fine when he saw her looking up at the ceiling, her hands gripping onto her plush green dragon that had been Draco's. 

Ethaline was waiting...planning...

Ethaline looked over at Lucius, a gleam in her eyes as she dropped the dragon and reached up at him as if asking him to carry her. Lucius looked over at Draco and saw him slowly falling asleep. 

"On second Ethy." He whispered, his blonde hair falling across his face slightly as Ethaline's face scrunched up—threatening to cry.

Lucius stared at her for a second, amused as she held in her tears for the right moment. He looked at Draco and finally saw him sleep so he began to back away slowly when a small cry escaped Ethaline. 

Lucius raced to set Draco down, his heart beating fast before he rushed to her crib again and saw her giggling as she held her toy, her gray eyes twinkling in mischief as Lucius struggled to catch his breath. "You..." he whispered as he leaned down to grab her, "Will be the death of me Ethaline Florence Malfoy." 

Ethaline simply cooed and reached for a strand of his blonde hair before twirling it in her finger. Lucius chuckled and cradled her gently before he tried to retrieve the toy from bed hands to avoid her being distracted. Ethaline refused to give it up and tried to bite him. 

"My apologies then..." Lucius muttered as he pulled his finger away from her. "Although it is time for you to go back to sleep so close your eyes." He said quietly.

Ethaline leaned her head on his chest and looked up at him with a look of admiration. "All I want is to protect you." He whispered, "To do what my father couldn't—we have a chance to start a new life despite my past mistakes." 

"No matter what it takes Florence, you'll be safe. I promise you that." He whispered, kissing her forehead before he tried to set her back down. 

When Ethaline refused, he sighed and grabbed her blanket before they went back to his room. "Ethaline wants to sleep with us again?" Narcissa asked as she sat up a little. 

Lucius nodded and gently tried to hand her over to Narcissa but the child refused. She clung onto his shirt and whined. 

Lucius smirked as Narcissa rolled her eyes, "You don't need to remind me our daughter favors you over me." Narcissa said as he gently set her on his side and he climbed into the bed. Ethaline reached for her toy and blanket before snuggling into her father's arms. 

___

|| MALFOY TWINS TURNS SEVEN ||

"Where is Ethaline?" Narcissa asked as she looked at Draco who seemed to be occupied with his little friends by the pastries tabled with his name on it in neat cursive words. 

Draco shrugged, "She went off into the garden before." He said as he went back to munching on his food before trying to reach for Ethaline's favorite candy cakes and getting scolded. 

Narcissa groaned quietly but kept her composure as she walked over to Lucius who was talking to the Minister. By the look on his wife's face, he connected the dots. 

"Excuse me Minister, it appears my adventurous daughter has disappeared." He said before parting ways and meeting Narcissa. "Where was she last seen?"

Narcissa said, "The garden according to Draco. The festivities are about to begin." She said quietly as people began to arrive outside. 

Lucius sighed, "I'll find her, I think I know where she is." He said before they parted ways. He walked outside through the side entrance and walked along the pebbles path for a minute or so before he saw a make shift tent with expensive cloth. 

"I wonder where my naughty daughter is." He said as he looked around, his blonde hair falling slightly before he heard a suppressed giggle. 

"Shh!" She whispered to her stuffed animals before peaking her head out of her tent, "Hello father." 

"Hello Ethaline." Lucius said formally, "Your mother is furious you've gone missing just before your birthday party." He said, "I imagine your friends are here already, wondering where the guest of honor is." 

Ethaline covered her face with her hands and groaned, "Oh I forgot!" She said as she began to stand up. Her dress covered in dirt before she looked up at him with a sheepish grin. "Oops." 

Lucius sighed, his smile falling slightly, "You should not be out here Ethaline. There are creatures and such—" 

"I know! They're my friends!" She said excitedly as she leaned down and grabbed a small furry animal with wide eyes, "This is Lulu, kinda like your name father." She said as she held it out for him to see. It was a Niffler who was holding Ethaline's pearl bracelet. 

"He's the best—just like you are!" 

Lucius tried his best to smile, "I love...being compared to an animal but I'm being serious Ethaline. It's time for you to go back, now."

Ethaline lowered her hand, her mood dropping as she nodded, "Of course father." She whispered and set down the creature, not giving it another look as she walked with him back to the house to be scolded by Narcissa. 

___

|| A SLEEP OVER ||

When Ethaline was thirteen, she had a sleepover at Malfoy Manner, Theo Knott and Draco had also attended despite their pleads to not. As for Pansy she was at the front of the ship with Ethaline.

The girls sat in Ethaline's spacious room dressed in the finest silk gowns galleons could buy as they tried to sneak into the pantry to grab some snacks without waking the boys. 

"So Ethy, any boys?" Nancy asked, a girl in their year and house as Ethaline shook her head, her cheeks a deep red. 

"Of course not." 

Pansy chuckled, chucking her ring at Nancy. "The only reason you came was to see her dad shut up!"

Ethaline gasped as she turned to Nancy who seemed to be turning a deep red, confirming the statement. "Gross!" The other girls giggled while Nancy shrugged. 

"Had it been last year sure." Nancy shrugged making Ethaline gagged.

Piper rolled her eyes, "What you don't like the older man anymore?" 

"Guys this is my dad—"

"I'm just saying he's different. People are whispering things about him and he's quite frightening." Nancy muttered slowly, making the room quiet. 

"Like what?" Ethaline demanded; her fists balled. 

Nancy gave her an uncomfortable glance, "I'm not..."

"Just say it."

"There's been rumors that your father wasn't under the Imperious curse...that he was fully aware of what he was doing." Nancy whispered as Ethaline paled. "All those people who are dead, the villages that were burned..."

"You're calling him a mass murderer?! He's not Sirius Black for Godric's sake—" 

"I never said—" 

"My father is a good man!" Ethaline said as the others flinched, not used to her heavy tone because she was always respectful except for when it came to protecting her family,  especially her father. "You'll do well to remember that if we are to remain friends Nancy Flick." She said in a final tone.

She had ended the discussion.

With a final glare the girls returned to their beds and fell asleep, not saying another word.

————-

A/N: tell me you have daddy issues without telling me you have daddy issues. I'll go first.

Every. Single. One. Of my stories incorporate a fictional love hate relationship with a father who loves his daughter but doesn't know how to show it and in the end their bond triumphs. I wrote books centered around Klaus Mikaelson and kids, one about outer banks that centered around Warren, one about Draco and his dad, and now this.

LMAOOOINEEDHELPOOOOO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 148 23
Delilah Ana Malfoy the oldest sister of Draco Malfoy. She is not like her family. She hates Voldemort, she hates her father. She wants to protect her...
27K 216 31
Y/n Malfoy, twin of Draco Malfoy, has been going to Beauxbatons until she is given a task to steal the Elder wand to become a death eater like the re...
12.3K 375 14
(I am bad at summaries, but the story will be better. Promise) Jordan Ray is best friends with the Weasleys. Some of them. She hates Percy for obviou...
15.6K 283 9
Two families. Two purebloods who fell in love. A short Draco Malfoy love story.