A Solangelo Child

By ElizabethMariah

I'm not very good at descriptions, so I'm sorry. This is a story about Nico Di Angelo and Will Solace. I noti... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
I'm Pregnant
Christmas Gifts Of The Century
A Baby Now???
Babies and Morning Sickness
Fear And Nightmares
Babysitting's Hard
Grand Council Meeting
Wait? What!
Anniversary's Are Fun
Being 25 Is Hard
To Camp Jupiter We Go
Telling Them
Sickness
We Need To Go To The Hospital
Our Wedding
Shopping
Starting The Nursery
Baby Names Or Not?
Internal Ultrasounds
I Don't Want To Go
First Kicks
Accidents Happen
Games Are For The Weak
Cleaning and Cookies
Nesting
A Place To Stay
It's Okay
Baby Shower
The Babies Hurt Me! Blame Them!
I'm In Labor?
The Wedding Of Contractions
Labor Now!!!
The Light Behind Your Eyes
Meeting The Babies
What if I'm tired?
I'm Scared
First Tooth
Years Later
Author's Note/Appreciation
Book 2
Rewrite
Purple Psychopath

Christmas At Mom's

1.1K 27 166
By ElizabethMariah

>A Few Days Later<

(Everybody was in their respective homes and Reyna had flown back to Camp Jupiter with Hazel and Frank.)

Nico's POV:

I got up at 4 in the morning to go to the bathroom. I had on my grey boxers. When I looked down I realized that I had some blood on them near the back. The baby or babies. Could I be losing them?

"Will!" I yelled "Come quickly."

I grabbed a towel and put it over myself. I am not having him look at me when I'm all pudgy and I am freaking me out.

Will's POV:

(𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝑎 𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑦 𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑖𝑒𝑠)

I was having a surprisingly dreamless sleep. I don't have a lot of nightmares anyway. I woke up when I felt Nico leave the bed. He walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

"Will!" I heard Nico yelling "Come quickly."

I ran into the bathroom and Nico looked scared. As if he had seen Tartarus again. He told me about his time in Tartarus when we were younger and I was taking care of him in the infirmary.

He had cried for the first time and I felt the need to hug him. It was our first real conversation as friends. It wasn't doctor to patient. It was friend to potential boyfriend.

I can't deny it. I wanted him. Badly. Sometimes, I would go to his cabin to check on him if I hadn't seen him in a while just in case he was hurt or sick.

Most the time he was sleeping or doing nothing, but let his thoughts run wild. I had even kissed him in his sleep once. I know it sounds odd. Why did you kiss someone when they didn't know?

I regretted it, but he let a small smile play on his lips. I would come in a lot and I had never been caught until one time Jason was in the cabin when I brushed his hair out of his face. He was sleeping and I kissed his forehead.

Jason had come out of nowhere and I got up quickly stumbling over my words. Jason had smirked and I left blushing. Nico didn't seem like he knew . I hoped it would stay that way.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"There is blood." Nico said "Coming out of me. The baby or babies."

Nico looked as if he was going to have a panic attack. His breathing was labored and he was as pale as a sheet of paper.

Scratch that. He was having a panic attack. I grabbed his hands and made him breathe. I kissed his face and got out my phone.

"Okay. Just breathe. I'm going to call Annabeth. Just give me a minute. In and out. Don't stress."

I walked out of the room. I dialed Annabeth's number not getting an answer. I called again. I could hear Nico sobbing. Broken sobs as he cried. I almost couldn't think.

He was breaking my heart. It hurt to hear him in so much pain. I dialed again and Annabeth picked up.

>On the phone with Annabeth<

Me: Hey sorry for calling so early, but I need to ask you a few questions.

Annabeth: What's up? I was just feeding Charlie. I didn't hear my phone ringing until I got upstairs again.

Me: Nico is bleeding down there. We are afraid.

Annabeth: Okay, so is he bleeding a lot. Like enough to cover the bottom of his boxers.

Me: Let me go check.

Annabeth: Give me to Nico. If he starts stressing, he could have a miscarriage if he isn't already.

How was she being so calm? I'm freaking out! I could be loosing my babies. This isn't okay. Nico's freaking out and I'm one second away from crazy.

Me: Okay

I went into the bathroom and gave the phone to Nico. He had a towel over his lower region and his boxers were on the floor. He had stopped crying, but the silence was worse. I picked up his boxers and looked in them.

Three spots of blood. Nothing huge. I grabbed the phone from Nico. He held his stomach and rubbed it while looking off into space.

Me: Three spots. They aren't very big. Maybe like two drops put together in three different spots.

Annabeth: Okay. So with Arielle I had the same problem. Nico is going to be fine. He is just spotting. It's almost like a period. His body is just trying to let out some blood like a woman's does. Some women even have periods while pregnant. It's going to be like a woman's period just less. He will not bleed anymore. The baby or  babies will be healthy. Go back to bed and calm him down.

Me: I can't thank you enough.

Annabeth: No problem. Have a nice trip.

I hung up on Annabeth. I sat in front of Nico.

"Hey sweetheart." I said

"Are they okay?" Nico asked not caring about his health

I could see the fear on his face. I was looking into his chocolate eyes. His eyes had unshed tears in them. They were glowing and he was looking at me for any sort of clue.

The fear laced his features. He let tears slip down his cheeks and I wiped them away softly. I kissed his cheek where he had a tear.

"They are fine. It was the last time this is going to happen. It happens to some women. It happened to Annabeth." I said

He relaxed and leaned closer to me. He stroked his bump pressing his hand down a little. He gave me a light peck on the lips. I smiled and blushed a little.

Usually on his top was off and I was very close to him. I know we just had a scare, but I can make him feel better and forget. If we weren't waiting that is.

"Sunshine?" Nico asked

"Yes darlin'." I said in my best southern accent

I did this, because Nico loved that tone of my voice. It calmed him down. Nico always melts and some of his fear goes away. He just feels more safe.

He said that after we had cuddled when we were in his cabin. I had kissed his cheek and I put my arm around him bringing him close to me. He blushed and I called him darlin'. He told me it made him comfortable.

"Would you still love me if the baby or babies died in me?" Nico asked tangling his fingers in the curls of my hair

"Of course. It wasn't your fault. I know that you will protect they/them at all costs." I said "Let's get back to bed."

Nico nodded and I walked out of the bathroom. He joined me on the bed after he washed his hands, flushed the toilet, and got on new boxers. I pulled him close to me and kissed his head as I rubbed his stomach to comfort him.

>6:00 am<

Nico's POV:

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. I picked up the trash can on the side of the bed and threw up into it. I threw up six times before Will came into the room. He rubbed my back as I threw up. I laid back when I was done. Will kissed my mouth.

"I probably taste and smell like throw up. Why would you do that?" I asked

"I wanted to show you that I love you no matter what. No matter how much you get sick or have miscarriages." Will said "It may hurt, but my love for you can only grow."

I smiled and brushed my teeth. Will's words replaying like an annoying song in my head. A catchy and good song, but a song that kept repeating the same verse.

>8:00 am<

Will and I set out on the road. We had decided that we were going to tell Will's mom in person and not over the phone. We hadn't given her any hints yet and we hoped she would be happy being a grandma. Jason and Percy helped me pick out a onesie that had "I Love Grandma" on it. Will and I wrapped it and I was holding it on my lap.

Will was driving. He was excited to be going back home to Texas. Our friends had told us to film the entire thing so they could watch it when we got home. They wanted to hear us tell them what led up to it. No surprises. Will squeezed my hand and I looked away from the window.

"Are you excited to see my mom?" Will asked

"Yeah! I really love your mom. Are we going to tell her that we are getting married and having a baby or babies?" I asked

"Yeah. I have another gift that I ordered. We are going to be there in an hour. We can pick it up. It is a plaque that says "We are Engaged! With our names below it and the year." Will said excitedly

"Okay. Would it be okay if I took a nap? Wake me up when we get to the place. I don't want to stay in the car." I said

"Okay." Will said

I turned on my side and fell asleep.

Will's POV:

I saw Nico fall asleep. I sighed. This was hard on him. He ate and slept and he was starting to get more round. He was 8 weeks and 6 days. This morning gave me a scare. Nico looked so pale and afraid. He clutched his stomach letting out sobs that broke my heart into millions of pieces.

Nico turned in his sleep when we got caught in traffic and stood still. I looked at him. Hand over his stomach. I brushed his hair back. My little angels. I leaned in and pressed a kiss to his forehead. He smiled in his sleep. I turned back to the road. Just 12 more hours to go.

Nico's POV:

I dreamed I was back at camp. Fourteen while Will was fifteen. Will was arguing with Lou Ellen about me.

Lou Ellen: Nico obviously like you. He would throw himself in front of a moving car for you.

Will: He would throw himself in front of a moving car for fun. I'm not special.

Lou Ellen: Just tell him that you like him. If he rejects you...at least you tried? You already get him out of a lot of stuff. 'Doctor's note Di Angelo.' Tell him it is doctor's orders.

Will: Fine. I'll do it.

I smiled. Will and I were kissing each other the next day. Such a beautiful memory. We went to the campfire that night pinkies linked and we kissed while everyone was singing. It was perfect. Jason had seen and had a moment with me behind my cabin. I had to control myself as I described Will and everything about him. Look at us now. I love Will and I can't wait to marry him.

>56 Minutes Later<

Will's POV:

I parked and turned off the engine. I turned to Nico. He was still asleep. I planted kisses on his face. Let's see how many it takes to wake up Nico.

Nico's POV:

I woke up to Will kissing my face. He leaned in again and I pushed him away. My stomach hurt and it wasn't very romantic to throw up all over someone when they are kissing you. I would die of embarrassment, but I know he would laugh it off and kiss me anyway. He would probably run my stomach and kiss it too. He's too good for me.

"What's wrong?" Will asked

"Nothing." I said

"Don't lie to me Nico. I know when you aren't okay." Will said

"I don't feel good. My stomach hurts and I feel sick." I said

I shouldn't have told him that. Now he would be worried about me and the baby or babies. Good job Nico! (Note my sarcasm.)  He would have a moment where he tells me he's not worried and then slowly check me telling me he was doing something else. He usually did that.

"Awww. Let me make you feel better." Will said

We both climbed into the back. I rubbed my stomach as I started to feel more nauseous. Will started planting kisses on my stomach. He moved his hands in light circles starting at my belly button and moving out. He planted a sloppy kiss on my stomach and I let him keep rubbing my stomach. After doing this for 5 minutes we decided to go inside. I rubbed my stomach as Will asked about the plaque. Will gave me a reassuring look.

"Do you have a bathroom?" I asked

"Yeah. Just down the hall." The employee said

She didn't seem enthusiastic and she looked bored. As if she had been here for way to long and she just wanted to go home. I nodded and walked to the bathroom. I sat on the toilet and checked my boxers. Nothing. I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. When I walked out of the bathroom, Will was waiting for me by the door. We walked back to the car. I still didn't feel good, but I felt a little better.

"Can we get some food? I think my stomach hurts, because I'm hungry." I said

"Oh." Will said

"You don't want that?" I asked tears in my eyes

I didn't want to make him do something he didn't want to do. He shouldn't feel obligated to do something, because my pregnant self wanted it done. He should be able to choose what he wants to do. I don't want him to follow everything I am doing, because he wants me to be happy. I won't be happy if he isn't.

"No no no no!" Will exclaimed "I just was thinking about food."

"Really?" I asked

"Yes." Will said "What do you want?"

"I don't know." I said

I thought for a second. I really wanted something. I went on my phone and found a diner near me. I was looking at the menu. I wanted to have something that wasn't too big. Something that would stay down and something I was craving. Avocados. I want avocados. A chicken avocado club? That sounded amazing. Only 2 miles away.

"Can I have a chicken avocado club? I really want sourdough bread and it needs to have cheese and bacon." I said

Will laughed. He kept laughing and when he looked at me he laughed some more. I hadn't said anything funny, but he seemed to think I had. I stared waiting for him to continue or say something to enlighten me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked

"No. You got this gleam in your eyes when you thought about it. It was adorable. I will find what you want, but it may take a while." Will said

"It is 2 miles away. Take this street. Go straight turn left. Second driveway on the right." I said

Will started to laugh again. He clutched his stomach and wheezed. Every time he opened his mouth to talk he would just start laughing again. (A/N: This describes me laughing 10 minutes after a joke was said.)

"Do you not want that? I can choose something else. If you want." I said

"N-no y-y-you just h-had I-it so planned." Will said trying to control his laughter "It's funny. You really are something, Neeks."

"I just know what I want." I said

"I think the baby wants that. Maybe a craving." Will said cooing at my stomach "Do you want that? I'll get it for you if you want it."

"Let's just go before we die of hunger." I said

Will nodded and I directed him to a small cafe and diner.

"Will, maybe we should leave." I said

"Why?" Will asked

"I am getting a bad feeling about this place." I replied

"Maybe we should see what's inside." Will said

We walked inside and I saw what was wrong immediately. A monster was sitting at the cash register and I grabbed my sword and Will notched an arrow. He shot the monster down. I spun around and blocked a strike from another monster that would have killed both of us with one swipe. It still surprised me that I was right. I think it surprises all of us demigods.

I stabbed the monster and it turned to dust. I went to the counter and a woman walked out of the kitchen. I waved my sword through her. It went straight through, so we knew she was mortal.

"Hi. Welcome to John's Kitchen. What can I get you?" She said (This name was made up. I am sorry if it is a real place.)

"Can I have a chicken avocado club? On sourdough bread. Can I have bacon and cheese on it, please?" Will said "Can I also have a salad and fries?"

Will turned to me "Anything else?"

"What kind of desert do you have?" I asked quietly

"We have Gelato, Double Chocolate Cake, Angel-Food cake, Licorice based ice cream, and Tiramisu." The woman said

"That will be all for now." I said

Will and I walked out of earshot, so the people wouldn't hear.

"What of that can I have?" I asked

"What do you want?" Will asked

"I kind of wanted the gelato. I remember my mom making it when I was little." I said "We would have it on special occasions.

"You can have that as long as it has no licorice." Will said "Let's go order it."

We both walked up an got the gelato. My favorite. It had a caramel layer in the middle.  We paid and grabbed our food and the gelato. We sat in our car and we started to eat. I moaned when the food hit my tongue. Will gave me a cheeky smile, but I didn't care. I had my food and that was all I wanted.

"Does that taste good?" Will asked the baby or babies "Do you like that?"

Will rubbed his hand over my bump and he looked beautiful talking to our baby or babies. I nodded my head. Will ate his salad and some of his fries. I ate my sandwich and some of the gelato. We got back on the road and I fed Will gelato as he drove. We both laughed when we moved and it got on his nose.

>At the Solace Residence<

(Will and Nico both call Mrs. Solace, Mom.)

We got to Mom's house a little after 12. She opened the door and hugged both of us tightly. We brought our luggage in and left it by the door.

"Will! Nico! I'm so glad that you could come!" Mom said

"It's good to be here Mom. I hope you aren't too tired from staying up so late." I said

Will's POV:

"It's good to be here Mom. I hope you aren't too tired from staying up so late." Nico said

Mom lead us both to the couches.

"How have you been, Mom?" I asked

"Good. I have had a good few months since I last saw you. I hope you have some news for me." Mom said

"Yeah. It has been a good few months. We have news, but we want to tell you in the morning. I'm really tired, because I drove for so long." I said

Nico snuggled into me and Mom smiled at us. She had always been so supportive of everything I'd done since I was 3. Literally. That was when I learned about doctors, nurses, and surgeons. It was so amazing. That is when I learned I could heal. I told Mom that I wanted to fix every broken heart and help everyone. She laughed at my excitement and gave me a cookie and some lemonade as she made dinner.

"Of course. We can talk tomorrow while opening gifts." Mom said

She led us to the guest bedroom after we got our luggage from the front door. I dragged Nico's luggage making sure that Nico didn't have any of it. Mom said nothing, but I could tell she had noticed. We changed into our pajamas. We both got into the bed and I kissed Nico's lips.

"Ti amo tesoro. Voglio che tu sappia che sei il mio sole e il motivo per cui mi alzo ogni mattina." Nico said "Ora mi alzerò per il nostro bambino. Ti amerò per sempre."

(It means: "I love you sweetheart. I want you to know that you are my sunshine and the reason I get up every morning. Now I will get up for our baby or babies. I will love all of you forever.")

"I don't know exactly what you said, but you are mine. Forever." I whispered in his ear "So is the baby."

We both fell asleep hugging each other. I don't think either of us could deny the love we felt for each other.

>Next Day<

Nico's POV:

I got up early in the morning and I felt sick. Very sick. I shook off the feeling. I got up and went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I grabbed the keys to Will's car, because I didn't want to call Jules-Albert. I put the gifts inside the room and went outside. It was only 6:00 in the morning. Will and Mom never got up early. No need to worry them.

I went to the local gas station and filled up our tank. I reached into my pocket to text Will on my phone, but I remembered my phone was charging by the bed.

I went into the local Walmart. I went over to the jewelry and bought Mom a necklace. It had a sun on it and I added the name Will and Nico right next to it. It had been 2 hours by then. I put it in a box.

I drove home and Will and Mom were sitting on the couch. Will was leaning into his Mom's embrace.

Will's POV:

I woke up and Nico wasn't next to me. I thought maybe he was sick. That seems to be happening a lot. I went to the bathroom, but he wasn't there. The presents were on the dresser. My keys were gone, but his phone was charging.

I walked to the window and saw that Nico had taken my car. I cursed in Greek. Nico had no way of telling me if he needed help or anything. I sat on the couch with a cup of water. Mom came in and laid next to me.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Mom asked

"Nico took my keys and my car." I said

"Why is that a problem?" Mom asked

I couldn't tell her that Nico was pregnant it would give away our surprise. At least one of them. She probably already saw the other one coming.

"No reason. I just worry about him. It's my job by now." I said

Nico chose that moment to walk in. I ran to him and hugged him like I would never hug anybody again.

"Don't do that to me. I almost had a heart attack." I whispered in his ear "You had me so worried. You are my darlin' and you are carrying our baby."

Nico's POV:

"Don't do that to me. I almost had a heart attack." Will whispered in my ear "You had me so worried. You are my darlin' and you are carrying our baby."

I should have come back or at least written a note. That was so stupid. Of course he almost had a heart attack. I'm carrying his baby or babies. It is his job to fear for our safety.

"I'm sorry." I whispered

"Are you going to come and open gifts?" Mom asked

I nodded and went into the room to grab my phone. I laid it next to me and Will and I sat on the floor.

"Okay. I got each of you three gifts." Mom said "I'm sorry if you didn't get what you wanted. I left receipts so you can return them if you want."

Will and I both nodded. We both both started to open our presents. Will and I both got a card from his mom. It was for both of us and it had $100 in it. I also got a card and I held it close to me as my eyes teared up.

"I love you so much Mom." I said

The card told me that she was always here for me and that she hoped that one day I would be able to take care of her son when she couldn't. To be honest, I can't think of a world without her and her son.

"You're welcome. Keep going." Mom urged

Will got a new stethoscope with his name in it. It also had Son of Apollo in Greek just in case demigods needed help. He also got a letter. He teared up and looked at his mom.

"Really?" Will asked

Mom nodded her head and Will hugged her as he cried into her shoulder.

"What is it?" I asked

Will sat and got control of his emotions. He was still breathing oddly, but his voice wasn't shaking anymore.

"Mom has gotten Hades to give 12 million dollars to my hospital." Will said "This is going to help the patients get better care. The hospital will be able to do more to help the people."

I smiled. This is what Will really wanted. I gave Mom a hug and she smiled holding me close.

"Thank you so much." I said

"I just want to make my sons happy. I couldn't be anymore happy than I am with both of you." Mom said

I laughed to myself. She had no idea what her gift was. I got a pride flag jacket. I smiled and put it on. It was just my size. Not for much longer. My stomach would definitely grow. I also got three stuffed bears with a little heart on them. Part of a heart on each. I had told her of my wish to have a bear set like the one I used to have as a kid. My mamma had given me the set and I wanted one for the memories.

"Thank you Mom. These were some really good gifts. I don't know if we can top it, but I think we a pretty good job." I said

Will and I cleaned up the wrapping paper and we grabbed the three boxes. I hit the record button on my phone. I handed them to Mom and Will and I cuddled close to each other. Will put his hand on my stomach and we kissed. He moved his hand and looked at his mom.

"You shouldn't have done this. I am happy with just both of you with me." Mom said

I held my phone and focused it on her. She opened the littlest box. She took out the necklace with the sun and the names Will and Nico on it.

"I figured you could wear it." I said "I have the receipt to take it back if you don't like it."

Mom shook her head no and Will helped her put it on. She opened the second box. She took out the sign. She looked up at us.

"You two are getting married?" She asked

We both nodded showing her our rings that were dangling off the keys from the car. She hugged Will and I. We put the rings on happy that we could wear them again. I didn't like when we weren't wearing the rings. It makes my hand feel empty.

"I am so exited. My baby is going to be all grown up. I am going to have one big family." Mama said

We both nodded and we sat back down. What she didn't know, is her family may add a member or a few. She opened the last box. She lifted out the onesie. She stared at it and looked at both of us.

"I'm going to be a grandma!" She exclaimed

"Are you going to adopt?" She asked confused as her excitement led to questions

"No. We don't have to anymore." Will said "Nico is going to have our baby."

She got up quickly and hugged Will. She cried on Will's shoulder. It was so beautiful. She looked so happy as tears streamed down her face. I started to tear up. I really hate all of these hormones. So many emotions at once. She hugged Will and then she hugged me tightly.

"This definitely tops my gifts. This is awesome." Mom said "How many grandchildren?"

"We don't know yet. I will have a check up soon. We are going to send you an invitation to our wedding and the ultrasound pictures." I said

"May I?" She asked

Will and I both nodded and she put her hand on my stomach.

"Hey. I know that you exist little baby. I want you to know that I am your grandma. I love you so much and I can't wait until you come. You're going to be so loved." Mom said

I nodded at Will and we both put our hands on my stomach next to hers. Most people will shame both of us for having kids. We wouldn't let that get to us. This was the start to a new chapter in our lives. I wouldn't change this chapter for the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 530 45
Nico di Angelo had always been a bit of a loner when it came to the demigod camps, so he didn't expect much of a difference when he decided to stay a...
3.1K 253 39
"You are the best", Will answered. "That's not possible. You are the best already." He pouted for a little time, thinking about a way to beat me in...
31.8K 1.3K 43
Pease note that this is a work of fiction. Nothing in this story happened in real life, I created all events that take place in this other than what...
47.9K 1.9K 51
As the summer comes to a close Will has to say goodbye to his friends and family (godly side of the family), with promises to visit every other weeke...