Still The One (Niall Horan)

By criselr

SEQUEL TO SMALL TALK Niall and Sofia have had their ups and downs during the first months of their relationsh... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Epilogue Part 3

Chapter 53

6K 199 283
By criselr

*Niall's P.O.V.*

Today is our last day here in Monterrey. The boys and their girlfriends stayed here with us for a week before heading back to LA to rest for the remaining week of the break. Soph and I are heading there tomorrow morning to reunite with them before heading off to Australia. I plan to propose to Soph as soon as the tour is over and I don't know if we're going to be able to come back to Mexico or see her family before that happens. So I need to get her parent's blessing before I propose to her. 

N: Valen can you do me a favor? I texted her sister. I needed to ask them today but Soph is always with me, so I need her to distract her. 

V: Sure what's up?

N: Can you distract Soph while we're at your house today?

V: Strange request, but sure. Can I ask why?

N: I want to talk to your parents.

V: So vague...I'm gonna need more if I'm helping you

N: Fine I'll tell you, but first you have to promise me that you won't say a word

V: I promise

N: I want to ask your parents for their blessing before I propose

V: KJAHFJSFSBFEJHS

V: WHAT???? HOLY SHIT!!!

V: ADSUHFAKSD

V: OH MY GOD

N: Please promise me you won't say anything

V: I won't I promise

N: Thank you

V: I'm so excited!!! 

N: So am I. And I really was, but to be honest, I was more nervous than excited. 

"I'm here!" Soph announced as she opened the door to the hotel room. She'd been staying at her parent's place since the boys left. She said that she wanted to spend as much time with her family as possible since she didn't know when she'd see them again. I wanted her to spend time with them, but I also missed sleeping with her. I had gotten so used to seeing her face when I woke up every morning, it was weird not having her laying next to me when I opened my eyes. But after tomorrow, everything will go back to normal, and she'll be waking up next to me. 

"Hi petal." She came up to me and planted a kiss. 

"What do you want to do today?"

"Weren't we going to have dinner with your family?" I asked confused.

"Yes, but I meant before."

"Oh, whatever you want to do."

"Perfect, we're going shopping."

"But I don't like to shop." I complained, this was not how I expected our last day here to go.

"We're buying food to take on tour with us. I doubt we'll find authentic Mexican candies and chips in Australia."

"Oh we're buying food?" Now I was definitely interested.

"Of course, what else would we be buying? And I bought another suitcase so that we can take as much food as we want." She showed me the huge suitcase she had brought with her.

"Let's get going then."

After buying a shit ton of food, going back to the hotel and packing both out stuff and the food we had bought, it was almost time for dinner. We finished getting ready and then headed to Soph's house.

"We're here." She announced as we walked through the door.

"We're in here!" Her mom called out from the dining room. And it reminded me of the first time I met her parents, they had both said the exact same thing. I was almost as nervous as I was that first time, but now it was because of completely different reasons. They were literally going to decide my whole future, if I don't get their blessing then I won't ask for Soph's hand in marriage. If her parents are not okay with us getting married, then I won't ask. I know that if I ask without their blessing, I'd be forcing her to chose between her family and meself, and that's something I'd never do. 

"Hi." We both called out in unison as we got to where everyone was.

"Are you all packed?" Her mom inquired.

"Yep, all set." Soph's answered.

"You're heading to Australia?" Valentina asked. 

"Yeah, we leave for Australia the day after tomorrow."

"I've always wanted to go to Australia. Dad, why have we never been to Australia?" Alex complained.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know you were rich and that you could afford to take us all to Australia. By all means, go ahead and buy the plane tickets." Her dad counter backed, making us all, except Alex, laugh. "I'm kidding." He added when he saw Alex's face. "We can plan a trip to Australia, maybe for next winter, what do you say?"

"Yes!" Valen, Diego and Alex exclaimed in unison.

"And Sofia and Niall you're invited as well. We'll have our very own tour guides."

"You've got it." Soph voiced.

"Thank you." I added. 

Dinner went by pretty smoothly, and as soon as we were done with dessert, Alex and Diego excused themselves to go and play video games. Now it was only Soph, Valen, their parents and meself. Valen turned to look at me, as if to ask me if she should distract her now, I lightly nodded and a second later she spoke up. 

"Sofia, I forgot to show you the new clothes mom bought me! Come on, I want to show you before you leave." She sprung off from her seat and went over to Soph's place to drag her out of her chair.

"Niall, you want to come with us?" Soph asked me, and I panicked on the inside, I wasn't expecting her to invite me to tag along. It felt as that time when Ryan Seacreast asked us if Louis was on vocal rest too.

"No, just you. I wanted to try them on for you so you could see them properly, but with Niall I'll get shy." Thank you Valen for saving me just like Liam did that time. Soph turned to look my way, as if to ask if I was going to be okay if she went with her sister.

"It's okay. Go ahead. I'll wait for you here." I smiled at her before they both left. My palms started getting sweaty, and I rubbed them against my pants to try to get rid of it. "So..." I started speaking, the nervousness evident in my voice.

"Yeah?" Mrs. Mendes turned to look at me.

"I wanted to ask both of you something." I proceeded.

"Sure." Her dad voiced.

"Well I wanted to talk to you before we left because I have some important news to discuss. I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate being welcomed into your family. You're wonderful parents, and I know that Soph's such a kind and caring person today because of that. Your daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to me, I love her very much. She means the world to me, and I hope to spend the rest of my life proving that to her." I blurted out, still very nervous. I saw her mom's eyes starting to get watery. So I knew I had to wrap things up. "I would like to ask your daughter to marry me, and I would be honored to have your blessing." 

"Oh my god." Her mom blurted out as a tear, rolled down her cheek. I saw her father stand up, and without uttering a word, he stood in front of me and hugged me.

"Welcome to the family son. Of course you have our blessing."

"Thank you so much."I answered. "I promise I'll always respect, cherish and love your daughter. I'll spend every day of my life making sure she's happy."

"Oh come here." Her mom chimed in before she engulfed me in a hug as well.

After all of the hugging, her dad asked me. "So when are you planning to propose?"

"When the tour ends. It ends a week before our anniversary so I was planning to take her to Paris afterwards and propose on our anniversary."

"Oh that's so sweet!" Her mom told me.

"That's sounds really good." Her dad added.

And before we could discuss anything else, both Soph and Valen rushed back into the room.

"What are you all talking about?" Soph asked suspiciously.

"Oh Niall was telling us about the tour and Australia, since we have to start planning our vacation." Her dad answered.

"Sorry, I couldn't entertain her any longer." Valen whispered to me when Soph wasn't looking.

"It's okay. I was able to ask them, thank you."

"And, what did they say?"

"They gave me their blessing." I whispered back. Now all that was left to do was plan the proposal and propose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! Thank you for reading the chapter, hope you liked it! Sorry for the kind of filler chapter, but as I said before, I want to include little details before doing lots of time jumps. So expect lots of time jumps from here until the book ends :) If you haven't read Small Talk, I would suggest that you read that one first so that you can understand this story. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr, it would mean the world to me. I'm so grateful for all the love you're giving my stories and my tiktok vids! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 2.7K 45
*Sequel To My Best Friend* Courtney and Niall are now living in London together, It's been almost a year and everyone is like family. It's late April...
17.1K 488 55
*COMPLETED * check the sequel YOU&ME! ///// Olivia is just back from a world tour with her best friend Niall and for the first time in 5 years, he's...
5.3K 37 46
Alexis is just a tour photographer for Niall. She never thought she would be friends with him and then fall in love with each other. Do you think the...
96.6K 2.7K 42
When Lucy meets Niall, she was probably at her lowest ever. So much further down rock bottom. Niall makes it his mission to change her mind and make...