My companion | میرےہمدم

By 7Hazel

#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed... More

Authors note
Characters Sketch
Reflection|عکس
Dissociation | بچھڑنا
Sparkle | رونق
Priceless | انمول
Meeting | ملاقات
Restlessness | اضطراب
Stars | انجم
I do | قبول ہے
Indifference | تغافل
Strangers | اغیار
Coincidence | اتفاق
Gem | گوہر
Effort | کاوش
Full Moon | ماہ کامل
Longing | حسرت
Worry | تفکر
Determination | عزم
Blow | ضرب
Darkness | تیرگی
Sincerity | اخلاص
Responsibilty | ذمہ داري
Pain | درد
Mark | نقش
Trust | اعتماد
Colors | رنگ
Author's note
Family | خاندان
Moment | لمحہ
Care | خیال
Delighted | شاد
Selfless | بےلوث
Protector | پاسباں
Birthday | سالگراہ
Birthday-II | سالگراہ
Birthday-III | سالگراہ
Gradually | رفتہ رفتہ
Closeness | قربت
Related | وابستہ
Affect | اثر
Eid | عید
Embrace | آغوش
Face to face | مقابل
Dewy | شبنمی
Not an update
Unique | نایاب
Drop | قطرہ
Lost in wonder | محوحیرت
Sacred | مقدس
Knock | دستک
Separation | جدائی
Evening | سانجھ
Awaiting | منتظر
Unexpected | غیر متوقع
Twilight | شفق
Confront | روبرو
Misunderstanding |غَلَط فہمی
Helplessness | بے بسی
Unease | خلش
Complete | مکمل
Author's note
Epilogue-1
Epilogue-2

Begining | ابتداء

21K 1K 157
By 7Hazel

HAPPY READ!❤

نہ چھیڑ قصہ محبت بڑی لمبی کہانی ہے

میں زمانے سے نہیں ہارا بس کسی کی بات مانی ہے

(Na chairh qissa muhabut barhi lambi kahani hai

Mein zamany say nahi hara bus kisi ki baat mani hai)

DURRANI HOUSE:

The walnut brown dining table gleamed under the chandelier.

"Good morning", Zohaib announced.

Everyone paused and looked at him in sheer surprise. Zohaib moved forward holding Zahra in his hands, pulled a chair for himself, and was about to sit when mom said "Zohaib give Zahra to me, have your breakfast comfortably, I'm stuffed anyways".

Zohaib nodded his head positively, handed Zahra to his mom, and sat down.

"Nadia please bring Zohaib's breakfast. Make his favorite cheese omelet and fresh tea for him as well", Mom said with a happy tone. Her happiness knew no bounds after seeing her son.

"Zohaib beta do you want anything else?" Mom asked.

"No mom, I'll just have a cup of tea and these two toasts are enough for me ", he replied looking at the dining table.

"You are not going to the hospital today?", Dad asked in bewilderment.

"No Dad", Zohaib replied.

Faryal, Zain, and Huzaifa exchanged astonished looks. It's was the first time after the marriage that not only Zohaib was sitting with them at a dining table but also staying home on Sunday.

Zohaib silently ate his breakfast while others were talking with Zahra. After some time he stood up from his place and looked towards Faryal and said, " Get ready after breakfast I will take you to your house".

Faryal starred at him for a few seconds in surprise not believing that he was talking to her. She cleared her throat and meekly said "Okay" with a smile.

"He remembers his promise", she thought.

Mom and Dad were trying to understand the whole scenario because nobody told them about the incident that happened in their absence one day ago.

Zohaib came forward, took Zahra from his mom, "I'll get her ready" He said and went upstairs.

"Ap sub b please mere sath chalyen, They will be happy to see all of you", Faryal said.

"You go and enjoy beta, but your Dad and I have some work that's why we can not accompany you. Next time In'Sha'Allah we will go with you, give our regards to them. ", Mom said with a smile.

"Okay Mom, but next time I won't take a no" Faryal replied politely.

Mom nodded her head with a smile.

Faryal moved her face and asked, "Huzaifa and Zain you both can go with me, right?"

"Ji bhabhi I would love to accompany you, I was craving for Amma Jan's biryani and I had promised Agha Jan a chess match so..", Before Zain could complete his sentence Huzaifa interrupted.

"No Faryal you go with bhai, Zain and I have important work today", Huzaifa said.

Zain narrowed his eyes, scrunched his nose trying to remember if Huzaifa had told him anything, and then finally said "No Bhai we don't have any work, I don't remember if you have told me anything about it. So let's go, I'm free."

"Zain mere chotay bhai, Try to remember", Huzaifa said while signaling Zain through his eyes to agree with him.

"Ya Allah yeh bhai hai ya qassayi" Zain muttered closing his eyes tightly and looked down, after understanding Huzaifa's threatening stare.

"Oh yeah! sorry I forgot that Bhai", Zain said half-heartedly, pestering a smile on his face knowing his brother's wrath if he didn't agree with him.

"Sorry bhabhi, Barhay dukh k sath kehna parh raha hai but we can't go with you as well. But please tell Amma Jan Zain is waiting for her Biryani", Zain completed his sentence sadly.

"Faryal beta you go and get ready, These two are just wasting your time", Dad said making Faryal giggle.

"Huzaifa Bhai why can't you see me happy, meri choti choti khusyan q barbad kr dethay hain ap", Zain whined when Mom, Dad, and Faryal left the place.

Huzaifa slapped Zain lightly on his head "Zainu you idiot! for the first time Bhai is taking her somewhere willingly, and you are tagging along. We both will play video games today, Happy?".

"Oh! Huzaifa bhai you are so intelligent, abhi smjha mein. Let's gooo.", Zain said excitedly.

----------------------------------

Zohaib was waiting for Faryal in the car while Zahra was sitting on his lap playing with his beard. Faryal opened the front passenger door of the car, sat down on the seat, and buckled up her seat belt. Sensing her presence Zohaib placed Zahra on her baby seat.

"Sorry for making you wait, I was informing Baba Jan", Faryal said while covering her head with her dupatta. She had braided her hair back, a few strands hanging around her temples.

Zohaib nodded his head in reply and started the car. She moved her head towards Zohaib. He was clad in white-colored kameez shalwar, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He was handsome but today he looked even more, maybe because that was the first time she was seeing him like that.

She shifted her gaze towards Zahra and smiled. After a long time, she was feeling happy and satisfied. After that night he has not spoken to her as usual, but the good thing was that he didn't push her away from Zahra was a huge change for which she was more than grateful. 

"Sometimes the storms just come to clear our way", she thought.

Knock!..Knock!

A sudden knock on the window interrupted her train of thoughts. She realized that the car was stopped at a traffic signal. She looked towards Zohaib's side where a man was standing outside the car holding something in his hand. Zohaib rolled down his car window.

"Sahab Gajray lay len", The man said.

(Gajray : flowers strung together in a chain)

Zohaib moved his gaze towards the sky and realized it was getting hot outside, the sun was scorching, and then back to the man who was drenched in sweat.

"Give me a pair of it", Zohaib said, he took out his wallet from the pocket and handed a thousand rupees note to the man.

"lijyen sahab", the man said handing the Gajray and the remaining currency to Zohaib.

"Don't give back the change please, consider it as a gift from my side", Zohaib said, the man was not accepting the money but Zohaib insisted him so much that he had no other choice.

By now the traffic light has turned green, Zohaib started the car again and forwarded the Gajray towards Faryal while his eyes fixed on the road in front of him.

Faryal took the Gajray from him happily and wore them in her hands. Suddenly the car was filled with the scent of the flowers.

"Zahra look, don't you think these are so prettyyy?" Faryal called out excitedly in a low tone, showing her wrist to Zahra to which she giggled.

"I'll take this as a yes then", she added kissing Zahra's mini hand.

She knew he has bought these just because he didn't want to deny that man, but still she was happy.

After a few minutes of the ride, they reached Khan villa.

Faryal entered her house carrying Zahra in her hands while Zohaib was coming beside her holding Zahra's bag.

"Assalam-u-Alikum!", Faryal squealed.

Baba Jan turned his face towards them and a smile appeared on his face.

"Walikum-Assalam", Baba Jan replied, he moved forward, and hugged Faryal and Zahra.

"Yeh tou mera chota bacha b aya hai aj", He continued while kissing Zahra's forehead, to which Zahra chuckled.

"She likes you Baba Jan", Faryal said with a glint of happiness in her eyes.

"She does", Baba Jan replied, took Zahra in his hands, and slightly moved towards Zohaib and hugged him as well.

In a meantime Amma Jan and Agha Jan showed up, Zohaib and Faryal greeted them and they settled down in the drawing-room together.

"Where is the rest of the family?", Agha Jan asked.

"They had important work Agha Jan, In'Sha'Allah next time we all will come together. But Zain is waiting for Amma Jan's biryani." Faryal said with an assuring smile.

"I am so happy to see three of you together here, wese tou Faryal akele aa jathi thi." Amma Jan said looking at Faryal and Zohaib who were sitting together but none of them said anything in reply.

"R mere bachay ka khyl rakha ja raha hai?", Baba Jan asked changing the topic.

"Ji, Baba ja..." Before Faryal could complete her sentence baba Jan interrupted her and said with a playful tone, "I'm asking Zohaib not you Fary. is she taking care of you Zohaib?".

Faryal blushed in embarrassment, glanced around, and said "Babaaa please", to which everybody smiled and Zohaib nodded his with a tight-lipped smile. He knew her Baba Jan was only teasing her. 

"Zohaib how's your work going beta?" Baba Jan asked.

"It's going great sir", Zohaib answered, causing a pin drop silence in the drawing-room.

Baba Jan chuckled and said, "You just made me feel like I'm standing in one of my Anatomy class".

"You can call me Baba as well or Uncle, whatever you feel is okay with you. ", He added after a pause.

"Uncle would be okay, I guess", Zohaib replied politely. Calling his teacher "Baba Jan" felt too awkward to him.

"But Zahra would call you Nana Abu, Hain na Zahra?", Faryal said to Zahra who was sitting on her lap playing with her soft toy.

"Of course", Baba Jan responded.

Everyone was engrossed in their conversations when Zahra suddenly started crying. Faryal was trying to calm her but she was constantly crying.

"She must be sleepy", Zohaib said and took Zahra from Faryal. It's been a few days that Faryal has realized that whenever Zahra is hungry or sleepy she just wants Zohaib around her. She was getting wiser each day and now wants her daddy around her. Zahra stopped crying in Zohaib's embrace.

"Faryal beta go, take Zahra and Zohaib to your room", Amma jan said.

She nodded her head and strode towards her room while Zohaib followed her.

She entered her room which looked the same, a neat and tidy girly room. Everything seemed untouched. She signaled him to come inside. He walked past her and sat down on the bed.

"Do you need anything else?", She asked.

"No, thank you", He replied.

"Okay then I'm going downstairs", She said with a smile and left the room. He fed Zahra the formula milk, placed her head on his shoulder, and bobbled her slightly in a vertical direction until she fell into a deep slumber.

--------------------------

"These are so pretty", Amma Jan said looking at Faryal's Gajras. They were standing in the kitchen together.

"Yeah, I'm loving them too. Zohaib bought these for me", Faryal said in a cheerful tone.

 Amma Jan carefully observed her and said, "You look great".

"Because I feel great", she muttered to herself and smiled.

"Amma Jan biryani is enough, why did you tire yourself cooking other things", Faryal said.

"Aray koe nahi, I didn't tire myself Azra has helped me. I wanted to cook for my kids.. ", Amma Jan answered.

"Why don't you stay here for a couple of days, you are having your term break (a few days off which is given in universities after mid and final exams).

"Zohaib has just allowed me near Zahra, if I would stay here I'll have to leave her with him", Faryal thought.

"Amma Jan I'll In'Sha'Allah come in few days but I can't stay here today as I have not discussed it with Zohaib.", Faryal stated and side hugged Amma Jan.

"And Fary betay, try to engage Zahra with you. You are her mother, you need to understand her needs. Okay?", Amma Jan said.

"Ji Amma Jan ", Faryal replied. She knew what Amma Jan was trying to say.

" Jahan raho, khush r abad raho, hamesha", Amma Jan said while kissing Faryal's forehead.

--------------------------

"Zahra jhaag gyi?", Baba Jan asked when Zohaib sat beside him, Zahra glued to him.

"Yup, she doesn't sleep more than an hour but that's why she gets sleepy after some time", Zohaib replied looking at Zahra.

"Zahra reminds me of Faryal whenever I look at her, Waqt kese guzar jatha hai patah nahi chalta. It feels like it was yesterday when I held her in my hands for the first time."Baba Jan said patting Zahra's head lightly.

"I tried to give her everything in our little world but never prepared her to face the world. Choti choti baato pay khush ho jathi hai r choti choti baato par ro dethi hai. She is still a child deep down. Beta please take care of her. She will understand everything eventually. Everything happened so fast that I could make her ready for all these things."

"I never acknowledged the fact that I'm a father of a daughter and one day I'll have to let her go. You are the only one who can understand my situation, Just look at Zahra whatever you feel for her is what I feel for my child". Baba Jan said and heaved a sigh.

"I'm sorry", Zohaib said in a regretful tone. Faryal's tears streaked face came in front of his eyes after hearing Baba Jan's words. Baba Jan looked at him to interpret the meaning of his words.

"Forgive me", He said looking into Baba Jan's eyes. He felt guilty.

After a pause, Baba Jan placed his hand on Zohaib's shoulder and said, "I won't ask you the reason but please don't hurt my child ever, she is very innocent. I have entrusted my daughter to you".

Zohaib nodded his head assuringly.

"Lunch is ready, Amma Jan is calling you", Their house help announced.

"We are coming beta", Baba Jan answered, and both of them went together to the dining area and took their seats.

"Fary come here betay, you sit with me I'll feed you with my own hands", Baba Jan said.

Faryal shifted her gaze towards Zohaib and then to her Baba Jan shyly and lowered her gaze.

"What? Zohaib you don't have any issue right?", Baba Jan asked.

"Baba", Faryal said in a low voice.

"Ab shaddi hovi tou kya hova apne baba jan k hath say tou khaya ja saktha hai pehle tou roz roz farmaish hothi thi ", Baba Jan said in a playful tone looking towards Zohaib.

"Yeah sure", Zohaib answered with a tight-lipped smile.

---------------------------------

"Fary take this for the family", Amma Jan said handing packed food containers to her. They bid them adieu and went towards their car.

"I'll hold Zahra", Faryal said pointing towards Zahra who was asleep in Zohaibs hands.

Zohaib nodded his head. Faryal scooted down on the seat, He placed Zahra in her lap and closed the door carefully. Zohaib settled down on the driving seat and ignited the engine.

Faryal carefully held Zahra in her warm embrace and looked outside the car. The night sky was aglow with bright city lights. The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky.

After some time they reached Durrani house. Faryal handed the food containers to the Nadia baji and followed Zohaib.

"Zohaib", Faryal called out when he was entering his room holding Zahra. He turned his face to her.

"Thanks!", She added with a smile.

"My pleasure!", He replied and entered his room.

Faryal made her way to her room, sat down on her bed, and shifted her gaze towards her wrists. A smile appeared on her face looking at the Gajray. The flowers were withering but they have blossomed a new hope in her heart. She removed them carefully, went to her cupboard, and placed them inside a drawer.

"From the end spring new beginnings". 

--------------------------------------

Assalam-u-Alikum/ Namaste.

How was today's update? 

Which part of the chapter did you like?

Thank you everyone for your precious votes, comments, and follows. It means a lot.❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 19.1K 34
Fahad, a 29 year old business man who has no interest in marriage agrees reluctantly after his mother insists him to get settled in life. Laiba, a vi...
441K 18.8K 89
"You?" She yells. "You feisty cat, look what have you done? You have teeth or cutters?" "And what the hell did you just do? You scared the hell out...
492K 22.9K 24
She looked at all of them with hopeful eyes. No one belived her. Except Him ! She didn't expect him to believe her out of all the people. She had exp...
285K 15.5K 22
"Me Usmaan ke ilawa kisi bhi mard ke bistar pr sone ka soch bhi nahi sakti" "Naam Nahi Lo Uska!" "Usmaan" Zaakir Khan. A messiah to many, a man...