when to let go | l.h.

By contem-plating

"it's hard to know when to let go.. but you deserve so much more." rankings: #2 in lukehemmings #1... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven

thirty three

407 16 7
By contem-plating

"you'll be in the meeting with me right?" i asked peter as he read through what i had over my shoulder. once he seemed to have finished he turned his head to look at me.

"yes laila, now will you stop worrying. i know roberts and he'll love this. this is definitely something that is new, but will fit the bands image. plus, i've been working with this band for years, they'll love you."

i tried to allow myself to relax at peter's reassuring words, but my heart was still racing as i stood from my desk with my laptop so we could make our way to roberts' office. peter followed right behind me and rested his hand on my shoulder as i stopped in front of the office door. i took a deep breath and peter stepped around me. "you ready?" when i gave him a nod he opened the door and made his way inside our boss's office.

"hey mr. roberts!" peter cheered causing the older man to look up from own computer.

"pete, how are you?" he asked the boy, engaging in a small conversation. i stood quietly next to peter as they talked before roberts turned to me.

"and miss laila, how are you? i'm excited to see what you've got for me today."  he sent me a friendly smile before gesturing for us to take a seat.

"i'm good sir thank you, i'm pretty excited myself." i let out a small laugh, trying to not let my nerves get the best of me before the meeting even began.

"so pete told me he thinks you have potential here as more than just a secretary, would you agree?" i felt my heart rate pick up a bit and glanced at peter for a second before back at my boss.

"yes sir." i sent him a smile. "it's always been a dream of mine to work for a company like this and when calum told me about the secretary position i took it. i was hoping i would be able to one day work my way up and be able to show off some of my ideas."

"well, let's see what you got then, kid." the friendliness the man was giving off calmed my nerves slightly as he genuinely seemed interested to hear what i had to say. with the help of peter, who walked me through how these meetings usually worked, i introduced what ideas i had for the band's new promo.

really i had been worrying for nothing like everyone had been telling me because roberts did love the idea. we went back and forth awhile tweaking minor details and finalizing a few things, but in the end he told me i could join in the next meeting with the band and present the idea to them myself. if that meeting went well and the boys liked the idea, he said we could discuss possibly giving me a few more projects to work on before completely switching my position. i was grateful however because before i left his office he told me he did see potential in me.

my hands were shaking as we left the office and made our way back over to my desk.

"holy shit!" i whispered yelled to peter. "he actually liked it."

"i've been telling you this." he laughed, rolling his eyes. "i knew you could do it. and the boys will love you too so you have nothing to worry about. give it a few weeks and i'm sure you'll have the promotion. looks like i'll have some competition."

i playfully rolled my eyes at the boy before sitting down at my desk. "don't you have some work to be doing?" i asked with a raised eyebrow. 

peter waved me off with a laugh. "lunch on me to celebrate." i gave him a warm smile and nodded in agreement before getting back to my own work.

trying to maintain appointments the past few days while also trying to work on the new project was a little much, so i needed to go over the appointments i've made to make sure there were no issues. doing this and making calls to verify appointments took me until around lunch. i hadn't even realized the time untik peter approached my desk yet again.

"ready to go?" the boy smiled down at me as he leaned across the counter in front of my desk. i lean back slightly in my chair to look up at him.

"i really should stay and catch up on the work i've been neglecting." i chuckle gently. "could we possibly go a different day?" i felt sort of bad for cancelling, but i had much more work than i anticipated.

"how about i go pick it up and we eat here at your desk?" peter sends me a warm smile resting his chin in his hand.

"oh no, you don't have to do that pete, really."

the boy shook his head however, giving me a playful eye roll. "what do you want to eat walters?"

i narrowed my eyes slightly at the boy before laughing. "you're stubborn." he only shrugs, continuing to look at me expectantly.

"well where are you going?"

"what about that cafe across the street? they have good coffee and food."

i nodded in agreement and gave him my order before turning back to my computer to get some more work done.

***

i barely had time to walk through the door the the apartment and slip off my heels before i was greet with an excited petunia and an even more excited luke.

"so?" he asks with raised eyebrows. "how did it go?"

i bit my lip and sighed deciding to mess with the boy a little. "oh the meeting?.." i asked softly, turning my attention to the floor.

luke's face softened and he opened his arms for me to walk into. i quickly did so and buried my face into his shoulder. "tell me what happened?" he whispered gently, placing his lips on the crown of my head.

i chuckled softly and moved so my arms were now wrapped around his neck. "i get to go to the meeting next week." i say excitedly, watching luke's features switch to the those of excitement. he quickly picked me up causing a giggle to leave my lips as i wrapped my legs around his torso.

"i knew you would do great!" he cheered and quickly pressed his lips to mine. i kissed him back gently, smiling into it.

"thank you lu." i beam up at the boy as i pull away. he walks us into the kitchen with a smile and sets me on the counter.

"so tell me all about it." his arms rested on either side of my legs as he gave me his full attention.

"roberts basically said he loved my idea and that he thinks i have potential. so if this meeting next weeks goes well and the band likes what i've got for them, then he said he would give me a few more projects to work on. if those go well too, he said we could discuss switching my position. but, i don't want to get my hopes up or anything, i could have just gotten lucky this time." luke's eyes never left mine as he listened intently.

"you worry too much laila." he chuckles, leaning up to kiss my nose. "you did well, you should be proud."

i nodded back in agreement, giving him a small smile. "i am proud, just nervous to see what the band has to think."

"well, how about we leave those worries for another day and celebrate today's accomplishments?" he suggests, bringing his hand up to hold my chin.

"you're right." i hum, staring up into his bright blue eyes.

"why don't you go get comfortable and i will make us dinner?" he suggests. i press my lips to his once more before nodding. luke helps me off the counter before i went to my room to change out of my work clothes into some sweatpants and one of his tshirts. i quickly washed off my make up and made my way downstairs to help with dinner.

on the counter, luke had poured two glasses of wine for us and he was standing at the stove cooking. i wrapped my arms around his waist and pressed my lips into his shoulder.

we sat at the small table and ate together, sipping our wine and talking about anything our minds could think of. before we knew it, the bottle of wine was gone and we quickly cleaned up the mess in the kitchen.

luke picked me up bridal style and carried me up to his room when we finished. we were both a giggling mess as he carefully set me on the bed before crawling on top of me. i lazily wrapped my arms around the boy's neck and began to play with his curls as he leaned down and pressed our lips together once again.

the rest of our night consisted of sweet kisses and random movies playing in the background as we talked.

{author's note}
that ending was kind of bad, but oh well.
i'm grateful for all of your votes and comments. seeing that people are actually interested in my writing keeps me going so thank you all!
let me know what you think and if there is anything you guys want to see. there may or may not be some dramaaaa soon. hehe.
love you all!
(unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 942 46
in which three boys need to fix something and one girl needs to be something (disclaimer: angst + death) - highest rankings: #59 sadstory #65 micha...
37.9K 1.7K 32
we fell out of love, too scared to admit it and too blind to see we've fallen for someone else
54 0 15
" 𝒾 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒽ℯ𝓇 𝓉ℴ 𝒷ℯ 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝒾 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁ℯ 𝓊𝓃𝒸ℴ𝓃𝓉𝓇ℴ𝓁𝓁𝒶𝒷𝓁𝓎"
87.2K 1.8K 72
"You're just out of my limit." Ashton said. "Do you know what our experiences has been like? A roller coaster. We both had our ups and downs. We bo...