Your Kids Love Me

By damsunjung

Dahyun came in late one morning, seeing her office in a mess, and the culprits? Her assistant-Sana's two sons... More

Chapter One: Puzzle Piece
Chapter Two: Coffee?
Chapter Three: Who's Cute?
Chapter Four: Markers
Chapter Five: Bentley's Love
Chapter Six: Conflict
Chapter Seven: Lollipop
Chapter Eight: Dahyunie
Chapter Nine: Girlfriend?
Chapter Eleven: The Other Half
Chapter Twelve: When?
Chapter Thirteen: I'm Better
Chapter Fourteen: Because I am Your Boss
Chapter Fifteen: Coffee Jelly
Chapter Sixteen: Fruits
Chapter Seventeen: Dahyun's Family
Chapter Eighteen: To Cope With Changes
Chapter Nineteen: The Questions in Love
Chapter Twenty: What's Done is Done
Chapter Twenty-One: A Bittersweet Day
Chapter Twenty-Two: Candy Ring
Chapter Twenty-Three: You
Chapter Twenty-Four: Growing Old
Chapter Twenty-Five: Odds and Ends
New AU?

Chapter Ten: Another Rival?

2.7K 131 60
By damsunjung

"So..." Nayeon titled her head while furrowing her brows, "You act and talk like that, but nothing's going on? What the hell is that?" She asked, causing Sana to shrug.

Silence from her friend, Nayeon already knows she's thinking about something. "What's that something bothering you now?"

Sana heaved a sigh. It's been a month, and nothing changed in the way they treated each other. That is a good thing if Mina isn't continuously visiting to chat with Dahyun while Sana finished some tasks. "I don't know. I think because she's a little closer to that other woman. Maybe I'm just used to her talking only to me, Momo and Jihyo."

"You're jealous." Nayeon shortly replied, immediately making Sana shake her head. "Come on, Sana. You know how it feels to be jealous! You should, by now, have admitted the fact that you might like Miss Kim more than you should."

"I can't like Miss Kim that way."

"And why is that?" Nayeon asked, but there was no answer to that. "Because you are afraid? Not everyone will do what Jungkook did. From what I see, Miss Kim is more than best for you."

Sana could only smile subtly, "Jungkook was best for me before too. It turns out he isn't the one." It is still hard for her to think about what happened and accept it completely. That guy was everything to her.

"Exactly. Jungkook isn't the one, so you shouldn't lock your heart like that—Sana, you are literally stopping yourself from wanting who it wants." That is true, but she can't get blamed. How could a betrayed heart be so brave to trust again? It seems too impossible for her.

Sana groaned in defeat, holding the sides of her head, "Ah, I should be worried about the divorce papers right now. I think it's taking too long, and I want to be free from all this." She uttered, "Getting married felt so nice, and now it just sucks. The idea that I did."

Nayeon chuckled, nodding her head in agreement. "The only good thing about your marriage is that you had two beautiful sons," and Sana couldn't agree more.

"Mommy!" William, with a grumpy face, ran towards her mom. The latter immediately cupped his face, placing a light kiss on the tip of his nose. "Bentley did something..." Then he handed the smartphone back to Sana.

"What's this? Why did you send messages to mama?" The woman had her eyes widened while looking at it. What's more shocking is there are some of her selfies sent there too.

William pursed his lips, "It was Bentley! I only wanted to do a video call with mama." He honestly said, and soon the youngest came out running from the room, laughing happily.

"Look at how happy he is doing that." Nayeon chuckled before letting Bentley climb on her lap. "You naughty boy!" She even tickled him in a lovely way, and the kid always loved that.

"This is so embarrassing." Sana scratched the top of her head, wanting to get mad but looking at Ben, smiling widely. "What do I do with you?" She sighed when the kid flashed a finger heart.

On the other hand, Dahyun is smiling ear to ear when her phone gets snatched out of her hand. "Ya! Give it back!" She frowned, trying to reach it from Mina, but the woman quickly stepped away. "Wow, this celebrity. I will tell the world that you are nothing but a phone snatcher."

"Oh, looks like you're in love." Mina teased, side smirking when she saw Sana's picture on the woman's lock screen. It was one of the photos Bentley sent over text. "She's that someone who is always in your office, right? Your assistant?"

"Give it back, Mina!" Dahyun whined, but the other woman refused to do so. "What are you saying I'm in love? I was only teasing her because her son sent me those pictures!"

Mina squinted her eyes, "Okay, then I'm going to change it—"

"No! I—I mean, okay. Change it!" Dahyun took back quickly, whispering, "It's still on the gallery anyway."

Mina heard that, so, "I'm going to delete," all-giggly, causing Dahyun to have a chance to take it away from her. "Look at you, having that little crush when you're twenty-eight."

"Why? Can't I have a crush if I'm twenty-eight?"

Mina shook her head, "Ya, people at our age don't do crushes anymore! We go get to build our courage and ask the people we like out to date. What are you? Second-grader?" She mockingly said, making Dahyun roll her eyes. "I'm not even surprised that you are a coward."

"What?! Did you just now call me a coward? I'm not going to accept that." She suddenly raised her phone, pressing the number one key for a long time before Sana's number got called. "Look, I'm going to ask her out in front of you."

The older sighed in defeat as Dahyun is really unpredictable. "I'm going to tell Sana that I love—" Too bad she did not notice how the ringing stopped before she could even start the sentence.

"What?" Sana, on the other line, asked.

Dahyun felt like her tongue suddenly got cut off, and she's holding her breath in surprise. "I-I love.." She looked at Mina, who is expecting her to continue it. "William and B-Bentley so much."

Mina then irritatedly scratched the top of her head. Dahyun lost the chance again, and as someone older than this woman. She's getting frustrated, "Give it to me," Mina took the phone, saying, "Hi, you are Sana, correct? Dahyun wants to say that—"

"Ya! Why did you end it? I will tell the truth, so you don't have to hide anymore." Well, Dahyun was fast enough to do that, and she even sighed out in relief. "I'm helping you out. What's wrong with you?"

"I don't need help! I'm fine with what we have now. I don't want to get rejected or anything." The pale one sneered, finally hiding her device inside her pocket. "She clearly still has something for her husband even though they are fixing the divorce papers."

"You know what? If I were you—I'll keep on proving how worthy I am of her love."

Dahyun nodded her head, "I think I never failed to do that. Or maybe I should do more?" She wondered, and here she goes again with another plan.

After the call got ended, Nayeon saw Sana with a sullen face. "What's wrong? What did she say?" She asked, and after a while,

"She's with that woman again," Sana answered under her breath. "I think she's wanting to tell me that I should stop bothering Dahyun, especially that they are together."

Nayeon felt sorry for her friend. She wants to believe that Dahyun has pure intentions, but from what Sana is telling her—perhaps not anymore. "So what will you do?"

Sana, with a small smile, paused for a moment, and after making a decision, she spoke, "I'll probably distance myself to her a bit. I don't think that's so hard to do."

But it was.

Well, the next morning, since it is Sunday—that means no work. Dahyun came knocking at Sana's door around 1 P.M., though there still isn't someone opening it for her. "Are they not around?" She whispered to herself, feeling cold since it lightly rained just a moment ago.

She chose to wait a little more, "Five more minutes." Dahyun uttered, looking at her wristwatch, then her phone to see if Sana has yet replied. "Is she ignoring me? For what?" She kept talking to herself before pressing the doorbell for the nth time.

A cough made her look back from the door, "Who are you?" an unfamiliar man, from how he looks—around twenty-five? Or maybe he looks young.

Dahyun squinted her eyes, "Who are you?" She asked him back, but the guy only responded to that question with a side smirk. That almost pissed the hell out of her, but she remembered why she came here.

It was a surprise that the man walked in front of her, leaning on the wall. He looked like he was waiting for Sana too, so it intrigued Dahyun, "Do you know Sana?" She bravely asked.

"Yep, Sana-noona." He said before crossing his arms. For a second there, Dahyun thought it was Sana's brother, but she remembered that the woman is an only child. This guy also doesn't look like her—he's Korean, for sure.

The man has a deep voice, blonde hair, one of his eyes is monolid while the other is partially double eyelid. The upper lip looks slightly thicker than the lower, and he has a rounded cupid's bow. What caught Dahyun's eyes is his pointed nose with a mole on the right part of it. He's charming.

After a short while, they heard familiar giggles approaching, so they both stood straight, waiting for them to arrive. "Sana-ssi!" "Sana-noona!" simultaneously, and it startled the woman holding hands with the boys. They went out to buy ice cream.

"Oh, Miss Kim," Sana uttered before her gaze shifted to the other person, "And Kim Taehyung." One thing is for sure—she is surprised seeing both of them waiting at her door.

"Mama and uncle," Bentley giggled, not even bothered by how his ice cream is melting down on his hands.

Nayeon, on the other hand, is facing a huge trial in her life—well, it's not that much of a trouble, though. She only loves and cares for Kookeu. "Is Kookeu going to die?" She cried, holding tight on the doctor's arm.

"Ma'am, he's only got a fever. He is not going to—" She got cut off because of Nayeon's sobs and continuous cries. Well, this is not the first time she's had people like this in her clinic. "Calm down."

Nayeon shook the doctor's arm, "Doctor.." She looked at the ID card hanging on her coat, "Doctor Yoo, please help."

The tall woman could only sigh. She's now thinking of ways to calm Nayeon down and tell her that Kookeu is experiencing a fever. "Okay, okay. Please sit down for a while, miss."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.2K 2.8K 27
"It was a nuisance, this shouldn't be happening. I hate her, she's annoying, too clingy, too handful.Yet she helped me.." She muttered,"But that days...
116K 4.3K 24
Ever since Mina heard about the news of having new neighbors, she immediately thought it was bad news. And guess what, Mina was right. Son Chaeyoung...
6.7K 258 14
Chou Tzuyu becomes the second and newest manager for a rising KPOP Idol under TWICE Entertainment. She befriends all of her colleagues and co-workers...
40.3K 685 11
Kim Dahyun planned her future with enough intricacy that she doubt she'd even fail. Minatozaki Sana does not belong in that plan. But somehow, she fo...