Dearest Anonymous, Let Me Be

By ACLIXAM

💫Featured on Wattpad's @magic A Magical Journey Reading List💫 Previously Titled as: Dear Mr. Male Lead, Lea... More

TITLE PAGE
INTRODUCTION
COPYRIGHT
LIST OF ARCS AND ILLUSTRATIONS
Chapter 1: Be Careful Of What You Wish For
Chapter 2: Let Me Eat!
Chapter 3: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 4: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 5: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 6: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 7: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 8: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 9: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 11: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 12: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 13: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 14: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 15: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 16: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 17: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 18: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 19: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 20: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 21: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Preview - Ch. 22
Chapter 22: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 23: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 24: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 25: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 26: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 27: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 28: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 29: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 30: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 31: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess
Chapter 32: Ghosts and Reviews
Chapter 33: ARC 2 - The Woman in the Painting
Chapter 34: ARC 2 - The Woman in the Painting
Chapter 35: ARC 2 - The Woman in the Painting
Chapter 36: ARC 2 - The Woman in the Painting
Chapter 37: ARC 2 - The Woman in the Painting
Chapter 38: ARC 2 - The Woman in the Painting
Chapter 39: ARC 2 - The Woman in the Painting
Chapter 40: ARC 2 - The Woman in the Painting
Chapter 41: ARC 2 - The Woman in the Painting
Chapter 42: ARC 2 - The Woman in the Painting

Chapter 10: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

563 58 91
By ACLIXAM

Hearing Mochi's nagging about a certain main mission the moment Umi fluttered her eyes open to wake up for a new day has now become a regular pattern, like a morning habit, or an alarm clock. Either way, however you call it, Umi felt it was quite annoying yet also amusing to see a cute kitten with a huge mouth.

"What to do Umi, you wasted more than 5 years for nothing. I might have to remind you again, currently, you only have a total of 13% of Emotional Points for the main mission."

Umi squirmed under her warm covers as she tried to keep her eyes shut while covering her ears with both hands.

"Well, as a guide, I can help. To motivate you, you need something sweet. Do you want to eat cakes? I can bake one. Just secure me a kitchen."

Umi opened her eyes and then rolled them. "You just want to eat cakes!"

"What can you expect? I haven't eaten one for five long years! Aren't you tired of eating grass?!"

"What grass? Those are vegetables, okay? You need to eat more healthy. But why are you whining? You are like a hologram, you can't even eat. You don't have a proper digestive system!"

"Well watching you eat is also satisfying for me."

"What am I, a Mukbang star?!"

The two beings argued on for a while, their argument gradually leaning away from the mission and towards food, particularly cakes.

Just when the two of them calmed down, a knock from the door snatched their attention, and Umi was immediately reminded about her current situation.

"Oh right, I just joined Obsidian," she whispered to herself and then quickly got up to hurriedly wash her face and went to the door soon after.

Just yesterday, Cage and Fae have only arrived at Obisidian's base, a huge black fortress, with Zevlin and Reyr.

The four of them arrived at a reasonable distance away from the huge gates to avoid being seen, especially a particular prince who just used magic for transportation.

Umi felt that the Obsidian members were incredibly loyal ones. Despite being curious as to why their Lord and the Generals can go from place to place for only a mere second, they didn't ever doubt their leaders. They only trusted in their hopes and blindly followed who they think are righteous men who will bring them to salvation. Also, most of them are naturally not informed of their leader's special missions, so there is not much to doubt.

When the gates opened, Umi was in awe as she stared at the vast training grounds before her. It was so huge, that tens and hundreds of men were able to train on it. Behind the vast clearing, is a huge castle painted in black, and on the sides are several huge buildings, probably designed according to their purpose.

When the four of them entered the gates, the two children quickly got the attention of the others. Of course, the bystanders are expected to wonder about the two children accompanying their leaders. Questions like, "Who are they?" and "What is their relationship with the Lord and the General?", were heard from time to time as the group of four walked along a straight path across the training grounds towards the black castle.

It was quite an entrance. Umi felt like a star once again, but she had to fight the urge to wave her hand like a proper celebrity. After all, she had to preserve her indifferent image and to maintain in character, so she only kept a calm and straight face all throughout.

Cage, on the other hand, felt extremely embarrassed. It was his first time seeing hundreds of people gathered at one place, so he felt quite shocked, how much more if he's being stared at by them? His face warmed and a hint of pink painted his cheeks as he tried to look forward so he can avoid embarrassing himself.

Speaking of Cage, Umi saw the said boy standing before her door as she opened it after washing her face.

"Fae, the general called for us," Cage said while fidgeting. He was clearly nervous and anxious.

Yesterday, when the four of them reached the topmost of the castle, which happens to be Zevlin's study, the Reyr and the two children parted ways with their Lord. Reyr then escorted the two children to their new chambers, which is also beside his own for convenience.

For Umi, it wasn't her first time to enter a castle like this, for she had already filmed a movie in a castle when she was working as an actress in her past life, but it was her first time truly living in one.

This really is a different world.

Umi only then just realized how being an apprentice of a general is such a privilege. That must explain the stares of envy from the others.

Finally having a soft and huge bed after five years of sleeping on a hard wooden bed, she slept like a log the whole night, which explains her half-awake state right now, her disorientation only grew when she argued with Mochi so it really wasn't much of a help to fully wake her up.

"Why is he looking for us? The sun hasn't fully risen yet," Umi replied absentmindedly.

Cage raised one eyebrow. "He said he will train us at dawn, remember? He said there will be punishment for being late."

"Oh," Umi snapped, her face finally showing some clarity. "I'll only grab my things then we'll go."

By the time the two of them reached the training grounds, Reyr was already waiting for them. Because of being late for only a few minutes, the two children were penalized to run around for a few laps.

Their bodies covered in sweat, the three of them continued their training the whole day, only stopping for breaks to eat their scheduled meals. When the sun has long gone already, and the two bodies of the children dropped to the ground, only then that Reyr felt satisfied.

"Not bad for the first day." Reyr nodded in approval, his smile almost reaching his ears as he watched the two children dragged their heavy feet towards a private dining area intended for the higher-ups.

Although this was a private dining area, Umi never saw another general join them for a meal. It is said that the other generals were currently on their own special missions away from the headquarters, and will only come here regularly once in several weeks. The prince also didn't eat here, he only ate at his study, as what Reyr said to them a while ago when Cage was looking for him.

"General, will we be doing this kind of training forever?" Cage asked, his face weary.

"No, of course, I will train you harder and harder until you reached the pinnacle of your strengths."

The two children only sighed deeply but their faces immediately flashed in delight when they saw the feast before them as soon as they reached the dining table. The three of them quickly ate to their heart's content.

Umi glanced to the floating kitten to her side and she flashed the said kitten a smirk, clearly meaning to say 'Look at this feast! You can't eat this.' She wanted to stick her tongue out to the sassy kitten but that would be improper in front of the others.

The kitten can only drool as he watched the girl eating a few mouthfuls of sweetened bread and pies.

Umi felt extremely happy. If dinner was like this every day, then she wouldn't mind the harsh training! This food is very much worth the pain and sweat, she can only hope that she will never be full so she can eat more! Stomach, be good!

"Oh, you have started eating already?"

Just as Umi's mood was about to lighten up, a sudden deep voice that sounded across the room quickly got her hopes down.

Umi choked as the cake she just ate got stuck on her throat. When she struggled to get it out, a hand from behind offered her a glass of water. Umi then quickly grabbed it and gulped it down to the last bit. When she calmed down, she was met with a pair of golden eyes, a faint concern was reflected on them.

"Is my presence that shocking to you?" Zevlin asked with one eyebrow raised.

Umi exhaled deeply for the last time. She then quickly restored her straight face then turned towards the man. "Excuse my impoliteness, my Lord. I only found the cake too delicious to eat it with small bites. I will eat carefully from now on."

Umi went back to her plate and slowly began to eat what was left.

Cage, whose hand was about to reach a glass of water but got beaten up by a certain Lord, he had no choice but to swallow down his complaints and immediately got back to eat.

Reyr, who was stupefied by the sudden yet short exhibition before his eyes, was about to stand up to pay his respect to the prince but a hand immediately stopped him. "During meals, I am not your lord but a friend. Continue eating, Reyr."

Reyr nodded and sat back. After he checked that Umi was now fine and is eating well, he then turned towards his friend.

"You came here to eat? I thought you had dinner already."

Zevlin sat down on a chair at the end of the long table, a chair intended for the lord of the house. "The food got cold. I will eat here."

Reyr felt it was unusual but decided to not dwell on the matter for too long. As he watched the prince started to eat, he then continued to eat his fill too.

During the whole time, the two men casually conversed while the two children can only eat in silence.

"How is their training?" the prince asked.

"They did better than expected. Turns out, they have been doing some training for the past five years, so for the first day, I only have them show me what they learned and I tried to give some pointers."

Zevlin nodded in approval. "Indeed, it seems your eyes for potential never failed you this time again."

Reyr smiled in satisfaction. "I'm glad to be of use."

The golden-haired man chuckled. "You have been of use to me ever since the foundation of Obsidian. If it weren't for you, we might not have come this far."

Umi, while only listening quietly, can't help but be curious. She didn't understand how both of them can be careless around two children who can still be considered strangers. After all, she only met Reyr once before joining Obsidian, and then she met this certain prince just a day ago. Despite all this, the two seem to be casually chatting in front of them, with no hint of any form of vigilance or whatsoever.

Did they really trust them that much?

Well, if Reyr really did have the talent to see one's potential, then he must have sensed the brilliance of this student Fae who transmigrated into this world. That must be the explanation for his trust in addition to saving him from death once.

As time goes by, Umi started to notice that their conversation contained a few topics that seem to be more and more confidential. Like how they strategized an attack to the East, or how they tried to recruit people on the West, or who were stationed on several offices as spies.

'Aren't they too careless?! Do they not have even the slightest caution against us?' Umi can only think of her thoughts.

Well, the prince has already assigned Reyr to be accountable to them if something ever happens. Zevlin must trust Reyr much to this extent.

Just when Umi wanted to excuse herself, she heard the prince say something so unbelievable that she had to openly gape at him.

"How is Rosalyn on that tower?"

Umi felt her confusion grew tenfold. The name sounded very familiar. Too familiar that she even got the goosebumps.

"She said her preparations for another transportation device is going smoothly," Reyr calmly replied, not knowing the turmoil that his one apprentice is now feeling.

Umi's eyes shook, her already black eyes turned ever darker. Her thoughts already going wild.

'Rosalyn...don't tell me...'

Zevlin hummed. "When will it be delivered?"

"She said she will deliver it personally next month."

"Then arrange for someone to replace her on that tower while that happens."

Umi cannot believe it. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

How did the story stray away from the original this much?! What triggered it?

"To this day, I still can't believe you discovered Rosalyn and her mother on that tower from two years ago," Zevlin chuckled, not noticing the stare of a certain girl. He only lowered his head to focus on slicing a piece of steak while speaking casually to his friend. "Nothing can ever escape your eyes."

Umi turned towards Reyr to gawk at him.

'So it was you?!' She exclaimed in her mind.

This unexpected turn of events was because of this certain man? Because she saved someone who is supposed to be a dead person right from the start?!

How unbelievable! How shocking! How...

...fascinating!

Umi lowered her head to hide her grin. This unexpected turn of events...it is very much like her style!

Just by going with the flow, the story is properly unveiling on its own. Just by saving one man from his scheduled death, Umi felt like she also saved herself from a lot of hassle.

So, did the prince knew of the identity of the savior of his valued friend?

"It is only thanks to a certain girl who saved me from death once."

Zevlin raised one eyebrow. "It is my first time to hear this case. Who might be this girl is? She should be awarded abundantly for saving my right-hand man."

Reyr smiled. "She's right here with us now."

Just then, Umi saw how the usually elegant man widen his eyes in both surprise and astonishment.

For a long while, the two people stared at each other. One was feeling astounded by the sudden revelation while one was silently rejoicing about a certain 20% increase in Emotional Points.

Umi felt it was like a pie from heaven fell on her hands. For the first time in forever, she found the kitten's voice very pleasant to the ears as Mochi proclaimed the sudden increase of points.

Thank the heavens for Reyr! Hooray!

⋘ ──── ∗✧。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆✧∗ ──── ⋙

⚘ A/N ⚘

Hi! We are now in the 10th chapter. Yey! *cue confetti*

I'm so glad to have reached this number of chapters without some complications. I'm so proud of myself. *sniff*

I have several drafts on the following chapters but I still can't estimate how many are left until the completion of Arc 1. So stay tuned for now!

Also, let me take this time to offer my deep gratitude to all those who left some comments and voted on the chapters. I really appreciate it a lot. It means so much to me. So, thank you so much!

Don't forget to leave comments and votes!

╭─⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆───────────╮

Dear Readers,

This author loves you.

Yours truly,
ACLIXAM

╰───────────⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆─╯

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...