Transmigration: Face slap th...

By Chil_lexx

What do you do when you find out your Aunt is your father's mistress? Your lovely sweet cousin is actually yo... More

Author's note
Prologue
Arc 1
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.2
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.3
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.4
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.5
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.6
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.7
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.8
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.9
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.10
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.11
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.12
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.13
Arc 2
The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.2
The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.3
The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.4
The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.5
The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.6
The Crown Prince's Concubine- 2.7
The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.8
The Crown Prince's Concubine- 2.9
The Crown Prince's Concubine- 2.10
Arc 3
Coffee to go - 3.2
Coffee to go - 3.3
Coffee to go - 3.4
Coffee to go- 3.5
Coffee to go- 3.6
Coffee to go- 3.7
Coffee to go- 3.8
Coffee to go- 3.9
Coffee to go- 3.10
Coffee to go- 3.11
Coffee to go- 3.12
Coffee to go- 3.13
Coffee to go- 3.14
Coffee to go- 3.15
Coffee to go- 3.16
Coffee to go- 3.17
Coffee to go- 3.18
Coffee to go- 3.19
Coffee to go- 3.20
Coffee to go- 3.21
Arc 4
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.2
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.3
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.4
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.5
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.6
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.7
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.8
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.9
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.10
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4. 11
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.12
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.13
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.14
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.15
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.16
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.17
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.18
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.19
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.20
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.21
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.22
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.23
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.24
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.25
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.26
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4. 28
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.29
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.30
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.31
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.32
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.33
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.34
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.35
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.36
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.37
Arc 5
Z'Nation; A Tale of Rotton Flesh- 5.2
Z'Nation; A Tale of Rotten Flesh- 5.3
Dun Dun Dun

Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.27

437 19 1
By Chil_lexx

"Snap out of it!-" she snapped her fingers, "..This food is poisoned-" she exams the plate, "What!-" Deng Wu dropped the bread, "How'd you know?-" he questions.

"..I can smell the toxins," she responds Deng Wu lifted the tray to his nose but couldn't pick up any smell but the food itself, "..I can't smell a thing,"

"..That's because you're not an expert in poisons," due to her skills and feline abilities there's no way a normal person who knew nothing of poison could detect the scent.

"And you are?"

"A certified one," Cheng Bi Yu  proceeds to examine the food even further then informs, "..Back at Jiang  Court we had a witness who claimed his fiance didn't commit suicide and that she had been killed by some very dangerous people as a cover up so we took him into our custody to protect him. Not too long he was found this very cell dead and the scent in this food is the same as before,"

"..Now it's quite evident that we have a traitor amongst us and I know who it is," she states then advanced, "...In the meantime don't eat or drink anything they serve us,"

"..But I'll serve!" Deng Wu whined feeling the grumbling in his stomach getting out of control. "..You're a grown man you'll survive besides I'm certain Magistrate Zheng will quickly  get us out of here,"

"Poppy is there anything happening?"

[[Answering Host, Zheng Yong is meeting with Magistrate Long as we speak]]

"Poppy I'm gonna need food I don't think he can last long," she glances over to Deng Wu who was in a daze probably daydreaming about food.

[Right away Host!]

"..Here eat this," she hands Deng Wu a thick juicy chicken leg, "..Where'd this come from?" His mouth wondered at the sight before him but his curiosity got the best of him with her hand getting tired she professed, "..I pulled it from up my sleeves now take it or maybe you don't want any. If that's the case then-" Cheng Bi Yu slowly retracted her hand.

Deng Wu rushed grabbing the chicken leg,"..Wait I'll have it!-"

"Good! There's more from where that came from," and indeed there was, Deng Wu was amused at what all she pulled from her sleeves he had never seen someone carry a whole feast in their robe sleeves before.

"..Feel better now?" Deng Wu patted his stuffed stomach, "..Much better," was his reply he turns to her, "...By the way how did you do that?-" he asks.

"..You're a curious one aren't you? I can't let you know all my tricks but let's just say it's magic," she answered.

"Everything about you is a mystery,"

"..And that's how I like to keep it if you don't mind," Cheng Bi Yu brushed her cheek.

"..Zheng Yong I have to say I was surprised when you invited me out for wine-" Magistrate Ping smiles," But I'm glad I think it's best if we are closer it'll certainly do us some good in solving these cases," Zheng Yong proceeds to pour them wine, Magistrate Ping brings it to his lips, Zheng Yong speaks, "..I know you're very well aware that Tang Ying Jie was arrested,"

Magistrate Ping puts down his cup, "Un. I've heard such a fine young lad none of us ever expected him to be involved in such cheap acts," he takes the teacup and pours himself another cup, "..But how are you feeling right now? After all he was once your Advisor and you trusted him with so many things. It's a shame-"

"..I think you are mistaken Magistrate Ping," Magistrate Pings face contorts into one of confusion  Zheng Yong explains, "When you said he was my Advisor you were mistaken as Ying Jie is still my Advisor and when you said I trusted him, I still have faith in him,"

Magistrate Ping says reasoning, "I know that you two have gotten quite close while working together but with the substantial evidences against him, do you still dare to refer to him as your Advisor?" He pressed, "..Zheng Yong you must remember when it comes to things like this one must put emotions aside. It's better this way actually,"

"..Tell me how is this better?"

"..Though Tang Ying Jie was well renowned I always thought you could have picked a better Advisor and now that his reputation is tarnished with him going to prison and all I'd like to introduce you to someone well deserving who will serve you well," Magistrate Ping's plan was well in motion he just needed this lad to take the bait.

Zheng Yong balled his fist which rested on his lap, 'So this was your plan to put even more spies beside me!-'

On cue a young man surfaces from the shadows Magistrate Ping takes the chance to introduce him, "..This is Gong Li my best students he had surpassed all the others getting the highest in exam history he's well rounded and dedicated there is no candidate better than him to be your Advisor,"

"Magistrate Ping, Magistrate Zheng-" Gong Li greets, "..Magistrate Ping you give me too many praise others might think you are biased towards me and that's why I get the highest grades,"

"..Stop spurting nonsense I've told you on too many occasions there's no need to be modest everything you've achieved you've done on your own," Magistrate Ping exclaims.

Gong Li then turns to Zheng Yong, "Magistrate Ping has already introduced me but I wish to do it again," he bows, "..I'm Gong Li and it would be a honor if such a honorable man like yourself could take me under your wings Magistrate Zheng," both he and Magistrate Ping exchanged glances his lips curled as he waited for Zheng Yong's reply.

"..Oh this boy, What do you say?-"Magistrate Ping directed his question to Zheng Yong. "..As I've said before I already have an Advisor but I'll consider it after sometime of deliberation. I have some matters to take care of as such I'll be leaving," Zheng Yong stands to his feet Magistrate Ping mimics his action, "..Then let us see you off," he offered.

"..No need," Zheng Yong deadpanned.

"-Then have a safe journey back," Gong Li spoke walking up just beside him Zheng Yong stops and takes a glance Gong Li gulps from the fierceness of his gaze he then walks off without a word.

Magistrate Ping grips and shakes Gong Li's shoulder, "..No need to act so stiff Zheng Yong won't be arrogant for long just be patient. Tang Ying Jie is in a deep pit right now I want to see him try and dig him out. You'll definitely get his job no doubt about it so just be patient everything is going according to plan. If he does get him out he'll be already dead along with that ex-convict Officer Wang has dosed their food with so much poison that their organs will melt away,"

"..You're right let's see him fall face first off his horse as he won't be able to contain the problem His Majesty will get rid of him," Gong Li laughs evilly.

"..That's right my boy," Magistrate Ping joins in the laughter.

"That's what he's planning-" Zhou Tong rushed, "..Oh he's good with Advisor Tang's out of the picture he'll send in a spy directly beside you,"

Zheng Yong closed his fan,"..Indeed he's clever but he miscalculated one thing we also have a spy beside him and we'll have all we need to set Tang Ying Jie free by tomorrow,"

Zhou Tong voiced with concern "..But Magistrate Ping is so bent on getting rid of Advisor Tang won't he try something on the inside,"

"..You're right who's to guarantee Tang Ying Jie will make it through the tonight," Zheng Yong exclaims, "Advisor Tang is very smart I doubt he'll make a sly move get past him like that," he reassures himself.

Officer Wang whistles cheerfully skipping as he's ready to give the good news but is shocked when he gets back instead of seeing two corpses sprawled on the ground he sees the two up and alive but there are no trace of food on there plates.

Later they bring another tray Cheng Bi Yu exclaims bored, "..We've already eaten why must we be given more?-" Officer Wang grins, ".Advisor Tang the Magistrate has given us orders to take good care of you as such your meals will be frequent," he mouths.

"And him?" Cheng Bi Yu points to Deng Wu, "..Is he getting special treatment too?-" Officer Wang turns to Deng Wu his polite smile turns into a scrawl he turns his attention back to
Cheng Bi Yu who proclaimed, "All prisoners have right to meals despite what they have done,"

"Eat up," Officer Wang shouts leaving, 'This time they must die or my surname isn't Wang-'

"I guess they're really trying to kill us-" Deng Wu jokes, "..I mean they even added more food than before,"

Cheng Bi Yu agreed, "..Indeed they even up the doses of poison the scent is stronger," they got rid of the food throwing it into a small box Cheng Bi Yu  fished out of sleeve.

Officer Wang calls over one of his partner, "Go tell Magistrate Ping the rodent problem has been taken care of," while making rounds one more he discovered his poison attempt had once again failed, 'How can they still be alive! Calm down, they must have really strong immune systems. I'll just wait till morning to see if they survive' he waltz away.

In the morning again Officer Wang is hit by another disappointment he makes another attempt he gives the two a tray full of food and this time he doesn't leave he sits watching them.

"..Poppy I'll need you to provide a cloaking disguise over the swapped dishes,"

[[Right away Host!]]

A faint glimmer of light appeared. "He doesn't seem to be leaving anytime soon what should we do now?!-" Deng Wu shifts disturbed as he was practically stared down, "Eat-" Cheng Bi Yu churned picking up her spoon bringing it to her lips.

"..What are you crazy! Didn't you say this thing is poisoned?!-" Deng Wu whisper yelled.

"Just trust me-" she puts the spoon im her mouth eating the rice Deng Wu silently observed petrified as if she's grown two heads seeing seeing his dazed expression she nudges him then secretly gestures to Officer Wang, "..Eat up he won't leave till we've finished every last bite-"

Deng Wu reluctantly began to scruff down the dish, 'If this is my last meal Budda let me be reborn as the young master of a rich family. Amen,'

Officer Wang kept his eyes glued on them the entire time and not once did they throw away the food they ate up every bite of it. Officer Wang waited and waited and waited some more and nothing happened at this point he wondered if these people were human.

Officer Wang abruptly left, "..Did you see him he looked shitfaced?!-" Deng Wu choked out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 7.4K 59
I could say this is one clichΓ© story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
5.7M 305K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...
4.6M 189K 112
After living living her life until she was old and grey. Poison expert Lihua Lei died peacefully at an old age, surrounded by those she love. Expect...
19.3K 825 27
𝙀𝙔𝙀 π˜Ύπ˜Όπ™‰π˜Ώπ™”: π™¨π™€π™’π™šπ™©π™π™žπ™£π™œ 𝙀𝙧 π™¨π™€π™’π™šπ™€π™£π™š 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 π™žπ™¨ π™£π™žπ™˜π™š 𝙩𝙀 𝙑𝙀𝙀𝙠 𝙖𝙩. β™‘ To put it simply, You died. Murdered, to be...