Brothers: From Boys to Men

By Kamo_XXIII

Four good friends make a pact to find one woman to settle down with. But for these eligible bachelors, the ro... More

Cast
Morning Blues
The Pact
Gym
Fireworks
Table for Two
Protecting Our Peace
Cast
Nice To Meet You
Moment
Get It Off Ya Chest
F.U.C.K
Engagement Party
Engagement Party (Part II)
Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Get Me On My Ugly Side
In My Own Words
Are You With Me or What?
Decisions Worth More Than Money
Will You Be.....
Return of The Mack?
Meet The Givens
What's Good For The Goose
Sins Of My Father
Book of Power: The Kennedy's Revenge
Fruity Cocktails and Confessions
Crazy Seeing You Here
Remember Me
Night To Remember
Let's Move On
For Lifers
A Murderer
I Care 4 U
New Beginning
Boys to Men
Epilogue Part I
Epilogue Part II
Epilogue Part III
Attention! Attention!

The Invitation

814 35 10
By Kamo_XXIII

"Alright y'all! Let's finish out this quick little burn out! One-....."

The guys were finishing up their Saturday morning workout with Jon leading them this morning. It was imperative that they lose every pound they gained during the holidays and then some..or Queen Ryder was going to axe them from her upcoming nuptials with no hesitation.

Finishing their last move Bakari, Dakota and Reeves were now laid out on the floor of Kota's home gym, drenched in sweat.

"If y'all don't get y'all old ass up! That shit wasn't even that bad...I told y'all to be ready to get these gains bay-bee!" Jon said still full of energy.

His boys groaned eyeing him like he had two heads.

"Nigga my entire body is on fire and my heart bout to jump out my damn chest, fuck you! I'm sitting right here." Bakari screeched not caring about whatever Jon was preaching.

"I see ole' King Killmonger done turned straight bitch huh!? Is this yo king! Headass or maybe I should ask Ry, Is this yo husband!?...Come on y'all! It's Saturday and I'm feeling exceptional this morning I'm tryna spread that shit to my boys!" Jon joked, as he remained upbeat and smiling.

Bakari flicked him off in return while Kota and Reeves waved him off.

"Fuck is up witcho ole' Cheese'n ass this morning!?" Reeves asked groggily getting up from the floor.

"Oh y'all ain't heard? That boy J.G the new! new! Man." Dakota joked smiling.

Bakari and Reeves furrowed their eyebrows in a puzzled expression as they waited for Jonathan to explain himself. Jon stood before his friends with the biggest grin on his face before saying.....

"I got some cutty last night!" With his arms spread wide.

"Whaaaaat!" Bakari and Reeves yelped in excitement and curiosity.

"From who nigga!? You and Ciara back again? I knew that shit wouldn't last long." Reeves replied, but Jon quickly waved him off.

"Then who you been fucking? Some random?" Bakari quizzed.

"Hell nah! Me and Ciara ass is dead! But you know how I told y'all shawty from the gym was the one who invited us to the party last week right?—his friends nodded.— let's just baby girl took me outside to listen to one her songs, and one thing lead to another and she showed me how she really felt."

Jon was now full blown smiling showing all of his teeth. He was so happy about what had transpired between the two that night, the very next morning he called an emergency link up with Kota and told him everything while watching college football games.

"Wow! So you and this Nina girl a serious thing! Or y'all just fucking around?" Bakari inquired trying to gauge where his best friends head was at.

"It's too soon to tell honestly...she's been busy working on her upcoming video we haven't been able to see each other, but we been talking over the phone ever since." Jon stated honestly, wiping the sweat from his forehead with the bottom of his damp shirt.

"You think because y'all had sex before even having a first date will complicate things?" Dakota asked wondering if this changed how he viewed her and him wanting to form a relationship with this woman, because most guys think that if a woman allows him to smash before having a serious interaction, that she's a hoe or not wifey material.

"Nah not really! We both grown and I wanted to fuck just as much as she did. To be honest I needed that shit! Plus we had been having lighthearted conversations since I became her trainer, mostly about her diet and exercises she can do on her own, jokes and lighthearted flirting. It's not like we met at a club, fucked in a bathroom and now I'm in love. Now a text or two every couple days turned into...texting everyday in the morning and through out the day and a face time at night."

"So when do you plan on actually taking her out?" Bakari inquired.

"Hopefully next week! We got another session, privately this time and I was gonna ask her out then."

"Well if this girl is making you happy, I say go for it! As for y'all two, if you tryna find Mrs. Right it's time to turn it up a notch." Bakari encouraged directing his attention to Dakota and Reeves.

"It's funny you mentioned it, because I actually met somebody at the party too." Reeves revealed to his boys.

"Ah shit! Who!?" Dakota wondered.

"Dawg! When I tell you it was this fine lil redbone at the bar, Wooh! She was fine as hell in this green dress.—Reeves exclaimed with a smile much like Jon's earlier.—her name is Mya and she was telling me how she was having a hard time at work and hardly had time for herself..." Reeves went on explaining everything.

"Sounds like somebody we know!" Bakari said as him, Jon and Kota shared a knowing glance.

Reeves waved them off. "Anyway we ended up dancing, and kicking it the rest of the night. Matter fact J.G I introduced her to ya girl, because she was in need of an artist. They had a meeting today, so she said she'd hit me up later and tell me about it."

"Well damn! Guess Kota you're the only one left out." Bakari shrugged.

Kota sighed. "Yeah I know and the pact shit was my idea."

"Give it time bro, your girl is coming I just know it.—Reeves encouraged.—In the meantime is it cool if I use ya bathroom to shower?"

Dakota nodded. "You know where everything at and I re-upped on them mini bottles of body wash for y'all too. And please don't fucking break my toilet again...cause one y'all funky ass stopped my shit up. Had my crib and the entire floor smelling like ten day ass for three days cause maintenance was booked up."

"Ooh! My bad that was me...it was that nasty ass tofu you ordered." Bakari said sheepishly making Jonathan and Reeves bust out laughing.

Everybody was now showered up and kicking it in Dakota's living room playing 2K on the PS5. While Bakari and Reeves went at it on the game, Jon was outside on the patio cup-caking with Nina on the phone, while Kota scrolled through Instagram.

As he scrolled through the explore page, one particular post stopped him dead in his tracks.

Liked by nickiminaj and 15,034 others

erikakaine Tonight! Come party with ya girl the Brooklyn way, welcoming me to sunny CALI-FORN-I-A 🌞🌴. Ladies get in free and the drinks is on me until 12am. My broski @djboof the official DJ for my girl Nicki Minaj  will also be in the building, spinning the hottest records.

Dakota was so captivated by the gorgeous woman, Reeves had to throw a pillow at his head to get his attention, after he'd called his name for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Huh!?" Dakota hummed still dazed.

"Huh!? Bruh! I been calling ya name for like five minutes. You next! I just dusted Kari ass." Reeves said making Bakari scoff.

"Oh! My bad...but aye! Y'all wanna go to a party tonight?......."

**********

When Dakota and Reeves arrived the club was already lit. Bottle girls rocked nets jerseys, as they carried the most expensive bottles lit with colorful sparklers.

"Damn! Whoever shawty is must be helluh lit! Especially if she getting love like this on the west coast and she a East coast girl." Reeves admired as he took in the venue that was packed with people. Dakota could only agree since he felt the same way. She must be special the way she can pull this type of crowd on a completely different coast.

This only made him want her more.

It was only him and Reeves, due to Jonathan being all partied out and wanting to talk to Nina some more, and Bakari just didn't want to , preferring the company of his woman than, that of strangers.

Just as they were about to make their way to the V.I.P section they were invited to, the lights had cut off right before DJ BOOF got on the mic to make an announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I need y'all to make some muthafuckin noise, for my Sista! The lovely! The beautiful! Brooklyn Bombshell! Erika Kaaaaaaine!!!!" BOOF announced excitingly and everybody in the club screamed as the beat to Lil Kim's shook hands started.

Yeah- HA!HA!
(See I love this shit)

You see what the problem is these's bitches dont know me poke theses got damn Ho's here we go agin its time to let it go we bout to phone it in you bitches aint comfortable in their own skin
no matter how you try you could never be Kim

(Verse 1)
Take it back to that Quiet Storm
don't come without your firearm
4 alarm blaze I blaze bitches with that 1-2 gauge
put them in the box, in the grave broke, cut it or weed it
how yall bum bitches conceited? please!
washed up careers they pleaded
face it bitch ya done there (echo you done there)
lean back you had ya run there
as far as the bitches gettin busy I'm number 1 here
yeah!

[CHORUS]
Aint no Shook Hands in Brooklyn
cross that Bridge tuck ya goods in
like the Queen of Harlem 'cept its BK way
makin sure niggas eat every day

Soon Erika came out doing a little jig being hyped by an entourage of people following behind her. Dakota appreciated the gold dress she wore that complimented her curvaceous and toned body.

"Damn she fine as hell, I see why you was tryna come here. You better handle that tonight, cause a woman as fine as her ain't gone be available for too long."

Dakota nodded keeping Reeves warning tucked in his brain. Kota knew he had to play this right. He admired her from afar as he watched her make her way to the V.I.P section they too, were assigned to. He and DJ Boof go way back, when he would go out clubbing with his teammates from the Giants and Boof would be spinning.

"Was good LA!—Erika exclaimed causing the other guest to cheer.— I'm ya girl Erika Kaine, just wanted to tap in and say thank you for coming out tonight to celebrate me being a member of these LA streets! With that being said Ayo DJ Boof! Drop that shit!" She announced before he played Yikes by Nicki Minaj and the entire club went up.

[Verse 1]
Woke up, the price of coke up (Woo, woo)
I just hit 'em with the low cut, then call my folks up (Folks)
Somebody 'bout to get poked up, go call a tow truck (Tow)
All that talkin' out your neck, might just get your throat cut (Ooh, ooh)
This a Makk truck, not a black truck (Woo)
When we move, tell 'em, "Back up," click click, clack, duck
Hella bands, pull up, stashed up, super facts up
All you bitches Rosa Parks, uh-oh, get your ass up, uh

[Chorus]
Yikes, I play tag and you it for life (Woo, life)
Yikes (Yikes), you a clown, you do it for likes
Yikes (Yikes), yes, it's tight, but it doesn't bite
Grip it right, he be like (Woo)
Yikes, what's the hype? This is something light (Light, light, woo)
Yikes, outta town on consistent flights
Yikes, work hard, this a different white (White)
Get your life, you bitches ain't livin' right (Woo)

Dakota and Reeves made their way to the section, greeted everybody they knew along the way. Seeing that the woman of the night was occupied having a conversation with some friends, He made a b-line for Boof instead.

"Boof what's up bruh! Good seeing you again." Dakota said dapping him up and letting Reeves do the same.

"You too, we gotta link up next time you on the east coast."

"Fasho! But in the mean time, could you introduce me and mans to the lady of the night, I'm not tryna be rude and cut in since she don't know us."

"Of course follow me!"

The three men made their way across the section where Erika partied with some friends. Boof paused the two guys in their tracks for a moment before stepping to her and whispering into her ear. Soon her attention moved to Dakota and RK before Boof waved them over.

"Kota...Reeves this is the lady of the night, Erika Kaine." He announced.

"Hey nice to meet you guys!" She greeted holding out her hand.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Dakota Woodland." He said shaking her hand before stepping aside. "Hey! How you doing I'm Reeves Kennedy."

"Wait! As in Ryder Kennedy's brother!?" She questioned.

"Yup! For the last twenty-seven years.—Reeves joked, making her laugh.—these days I'm her manager too and her fiancé is our best friend." He added making her quickly glance at Dakota who had a cool demeanor.

"Well I might need your services Mr. Kennedy. My manager is based out of Brooklyn and now that I'm here I might need to rehire."

"Please! Hit me up all my information is in my Instagram bio. And my at is just my first and last name." Reeves suggested and she nodded.

"And Woodland! I remember you played for the Giants a few years ago. What do you do now?"

"I do a little bit of everything Miss Kaine...I'm a designer, I model and I'm also a personal trainer. We're based in Burbank, but I also train privately."

"Ooh! Nice I could use you too. I've been meaning to find a gym to go to while I'm out here."

"Well if you're looking for exclusivity or even something interactive with others, you should definitely check them out. Dakota and our boy Jonathan are the best out west." Reeves chimed in doing his Wingman duties.

"I sure will, plus I know your sister from our modeling days and she was really cool, so if all of you are close that means I can trust you."

"Absolutely! But we don't wanna take up anymore of your time keeping you away from the festivities. Miss Kaine it was nice meeting you once again...." Dakota said smiling and shaking her hand once more.

"Likewise! I hope to see you guys again soon."

As Dakota and Reeves were about to leave, Kota turned back around softly grabbing Erika's hand garnering her attention again.

"I forgot to say, thank you for inviting me."

"Huh!?" For some reason this had her puzzled. And as she waited for him to elaborate, he didn't. Dakota simply turned back around and left the section leaving her slightly discombobulated.

Dakota smirked as he walked away and started mingling with the other guest.

Check!

All night he would catch Erika's eyes on him. And when they locked eyes he would quickly turn away. They played cat and mouse around the entire venue. Whenever Erika would begin to move closer to him, he'd go in another direction.

This frustrated her to the fullest! Because one, why was he dodging her? Two why was she still following him? And three why the fuck is she so turned on.

Check!

Dakota was playing chess and she was about to play right into his final move.

Dakota sat alone at a table nursing a glass of Disaronno. He purposely sat with his back turned. Kota didn't need to see her to know she was near him. Her intoxicating smell alerted him, some how over power the mixture of weed, hookah and other fragrances in the air.

He felt a sudden tap on his shoulder. He turned around slowly to be met with the Brooklyn Bombshell herself.

"Hey it's me again! You enjoying yourself?"

"Yeah! I am the party is lit. All this New York music being played I almost forgot where I was at."

Erika giggled. "Ya know I had to represent for east coast." She said sassily with a shrug.

"I hear that, you represented well tonight."

"Why thank you!—she beamed, smirking at him.—hey! I've been meaning to ask you, what did you mean when you thanked me for inviting you? Did we meet before this and I forgot!?"

Checkmate!!

Dakota chuckled lowly, purposefully looking down at his glass to seem shy before returning eye contact. Erika could curse herself, the way the sight of this man made her moist.

"You have to forgive me Miss Erika, it's just that...I figured since you and I don't follow each other and I've never seen you before today, me seeing your flyer on this exact day, meant that I was supposed to be here. Almost like you personally invited me yourself....You do want me to be here, correct?"

Dakota knew exactly what to say and didn't need to get any closer or scream over the music.

She heard every word.

"Y-yes of course I want you here.—she stuttered. What was this man doing to her?—I just hope that after tonight you're not gonna leave me a glass dress shoe and have me searching the entire state to find you again."

Erika had regained her cool back.

Dakota smiled. "This doesn't have to be the last time you see me, if you don't want it to be. Would you give me the honor of taking you to lunch tomorrow?"

"Oh! So soon...most guys need at least a couple days to plan a simple dinner at Ruth's Chris."

"I'm not most guys, and mama always told me I was impatient. Besides if you glow like this at night, I can only imagine how alluring you are underneath the Cali sun."

Erika had heard enough! His BDE was absolutely too much for her.

"Lunch it is then, here take my number..."

Dakota was now behind the wheel of his black Chevy Camaro Zl1 with peanut butter seats, with Reeves sitting in the passenger seat.

"So!? How we do?" He asked curiously with a slight smirk on his face.

Dakota shamelessly showed every last one of his pearly whites. "I'm picking her up for lunch tomorrow at 11:30am."

"Oooh! Playa! Playa! I knew you could do it. That's my Dawg!" Reeves gassed him up and the two men continued their drive to Dakota's condo so Reeves could sleep off his buzz, feeling like they accomplished their goal.

A/N:

Dakota is the man with the plan!😎

The stars are aligning for each of the Brothers. ✨🌟✨

Could these budding relationships lead them to the alter or altercations?
🤵🏾👰🏾‍♀️or🥊👊🏾

Vote, Comment and share❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 152 4
Black Imagines. P*$$y Fairly on the way.
15.7K 423 25
This is not a romance. But along the way, they might find love.
5.1K 383 10
PLOT - in which Denise is a single woman trying new things out, after her divorce. She stumbles upon 3 men. Not knowing she would get too deep in.