AURORA

By peacybeau

I was always the odd one out, from my appearance to the bad luck always surrounding me and I never did compla... More

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
52
53
54
55
Not Happy
56
57
58
59

51

10.8K 474 124
By peacybeau

I sincerely want to apologise for the long ass wait🥺. My phone got bad and I had to wait for a new one and that involves working 😫....I'm sooooo sorry 🤧

LIAM'S POV

Enforcer Micheal and I stood by the door to the security room. We both had matching serious expressions on our faces, our attention centered on the various screens before us.

"When does the ceremony kick off?" A tech asked.

"Few minutes from now, the alphas are talking with the additional security team" I answered

"We have to be very alert, this is our one chance of getting the intruder". Enforcer Micheal added.

Turning to the others in the room, I cleared my throat.

"We'll be leaving soon, ensure to keep your eyes on the screen and alert us of any mishap or suspicious activity. And like enforcer pointed out, you all need to be on alert"

"Yes sir" they chorused.

Nodding to enforcer Micheal, we left the room and walked down the hallway heading straight to the Great Hall.

Stopping by the podium I glanced round the hall. It was packed but well arranged for easy movement.

At the left side of the hall that leads to the kitchen, a little booth was set up for the tattoo and the kitchen would be used as a makeshift hospital ward, for treatment of the scar and mainly inserting of the chip.

Looking round I smirked, everyone seemed buzzed and excited. Little do they know what the night has in stock for them.

At the corner where the tattoo booth is located, Neil stood arranging his instruments. Few feet from him Dave, Mary and Kate stood with drinks in their hands.

Observing short eye contacts with Aurora's friends I turned to the door as the elders walked into the room.

As usual everyone bowed. The alphas took their place on the table with their mated by their sides.

While Maxwell stood at the center of the podium to address the pack.

"Good evening everyone. I welcome you all to tonight's event. As we all know, tonight behind our merging process. And it will begin with the ID ceremony"

"In order not to waste our time, we would begin the ID ceremony. And to make it quick the instructions are quite easy. Everyone would have the packs new tattoo, but you are free to spice up yours. Mates are to have the same tattoos and the unmated can have the packs tattoo and any other drawing of their choice. But be aware that once you're mated, you two would have matching tattoos".

The crowd cheered loudly. Waving his hand Maxwell called for order.

"Please it would be done in an orderly manner, the elders, young alphas. Then the rest would be done according to age grade".

With a little bow to the crowd, he left the stage and headed to Neil, giving him the go ahead to start.

After a little conversation between the Alphas and enforcer, the Alphas and Lunas headed to the tattoo booth.

After their turn, the enforcer and his mate, Maxwell, then young alpha and his Entourage. And just as I expected Luke got his tattoo before Lisa.

Now let's wait for the drama to unfold. Xavier chuckled.

When it got to Lisa's turn I smirked.

Let's get this show started. I linked to my crew.

~~~~~~~~~~

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Lisa strolled out of the booth a grin on her face as she headed to her friends who stood by the door to the makeshift hospital.

Seeing her clue, Mary took the other side of the room catching up with her before she got to the makeshift hospital.

"Wow Lisa your tattoo is awesome" Ophelia exclaimed as Lisa neared her friends.

Moving past them Mary stopped to sip her drink. With a frown she turned back staring at Lisa's shoulder "does this mean you and Luke are mates?"

"And what's that supposed to mean bird brain?" Jenny sneered.

"Well it's the same tattoo as Luke's and if I remember clearly, Maxwell said only mates get the same tattoo".

Lisa glared at Mary then turned to her friends taking down the thin strap of her gown, "I need you to take a close look at my tattoo and that of Luke's".

Sensing her rising anger, Ophelia examined the tattoo then glanced over to where Luke stood shirtless. Her eyes widening as the realization dawned on her.

"Ummmm Lisa, there seems to be a problem, a huge one. It's actually the same tattoo".

Lisa stared at her friends then her eyes roamed round the room till they landed on Luke who stood with Nathan.

His shirt was off and the tattoo on his shoulder blade very visible. Her fist clenched in anger.

"You both actually have matching tattoos. Why didn't you say that you're mated with Luke?". Jenny asked in annoyance.

Even though he was expecting it, Lisa's screams made Liam wince and shield his ears.

Damn my ear drums. Xavier growled.

Everyone placed a hand over their ears watching a screaming Lisa stomp her way to Luke.

Her friends ran towards her as did the Alphas, her parents, Maxwell and Neil.

"Lisa will you keep it down and say what's wrong" enforcer Micheal growled blocking his daughter's path.

Pointing to her tattoo she growled, one could tell she was trying not to shift. Her angry gaze could kill Neil where he stood.

"That bastard had the guts to give me the same tattoo as Luke. Why the hell would he do that?" She screamed pointing at Neil.

"Wait we have matching tattoos. I thought I made it clear that I don't want to be mated to you" Luke spoke coming closer glaring at her shoulder.

"Then why would you tell him to give us matching tattoos?" Lisa growled.

"I never told him to do that" Luke shot back glaring at Neil.

Luna Stevens came forward "Now why would you give them matching tattoos Neil?"

Neil came forward, "I thought them guys being mates meant having the same tattoos, so why are they pissed?" Neil asked confused.

"Wait, the both of you are mates" Luna Miguel asked the duo.

"Yes but I didn't want the same tattoo as hers" Luke grumbled.

"But Maxwell said Mates are to have matching tattoos" Neil shrugged.

Lisa gripped her hair in frustration "I don't even want to be mated with this low life"

Luke growled, "well I don't want to be mated to a girl who has slept with half the pack males. You're more of a low life than I could ever be"

"Well you're a weak pathetic excuse of a wolf" Ophelia exclaimed defending her friend.

Alpha Miguel stood between them, "why don't we stop this here and move it to the office. The ID ceremony would be put on hold for a while"

Trying to step aside Mary missed a foot, the action causing her to bump into Jenny. Jenny in trying to keep balance tipped her drink over Ophelia's dress.

"Oh my goodness. My dress". With a scowl she turned to Jenny. "Why the hell would you do this?"

Jenny giggled a little, "you should have seen you face. But I didn't mean to I slipped".

"Then why would you laugh. Damn it Jenny you know I love this dress"

"Chill out it's just a dress" Jenny retorted.

Without warning Ophelia struck out her hand, slapping Jenny across the cheek. Jenny growled and attacked back. Both girls screaming and gripping their hairs, while the Alphas tried to separate them.

The hall broke out in laughter and cheers as they clicked on pictures and took videos.

Some went ahead to bet on who would emerge the winner.

With a smile Mary walked behind Neil as the wove their way in the crowd towards the exit, where Dave stood flirting and fluttering his lashes at the guards who seemed smitten by him.

Neil paused in anger but luckily Mary was able to pull him out before he would cause a scene.

Dave noticing the shift in his mate's emotion, sent him a wink before he got out of sight.

You know you're the only one for me. These idiots ain't got nothing on you.

Noticing they were out of the hall Liam linked with his mate.

Well baby girl, it's up to you.

You've got it Ace.

Liam stepped into the shuffle and pulled a screaming and bleeding Jenny out instantly putting an end to the fight.

"The both of you are a disgrace to the pack. Take them to my office now" Alpha Stevens growled, walking out.

Gripping Jenny by the neck, Liam pulled her to the Alphas office, while Mark dragged Ophelia.

On getting to the office, he got the message he awaited.

It's all done so it's up to you now.

Smirking to himself he went to the pack's link sending a message.

I can spot three people at the edge of the Easter border and they seem to be heading in this direction.

The link went into an uproar as guards waited for order so they could head towards the Eastern border.

"Liam I just heard that some intruders has been spotted by the Eastern border, I need you to get over there now and take some back up" Alpha Stevens ordered.

"Mark, I'll need your help". Bowing they both left but not without Liam giving Kate her signal.

Well Katy and Kassandra it's up to you two.

Kate who stood in the shadows with Kassandra chuckled to herself.

"Okay Kass, it's up to us"

Grinning, Kassandra gripped Kate's cloth with her left hand and ripped through it, giving it various tears. Ruffling her hair a bit, she twisted her ankle, Kate grunted at the pain.

With a deep breath she limped into the great hall, tears streaming down her face. "Help, please help".

The guards at the door ran towards her alarmed. "What happened. Miss what happened?".

Hiccupping she pointed behind her, "they.... they were.... they're outside. Please help they're outside"

The Alphas ran into the room having been informed of the chaos, "what happened to you?" Luna Stevens asked squatting down.

Hiccupping Kate pointed behind her but before she could speak Kassandra ran into the room looking as disheveled as Kate.

"Kate are you okay?".

"What happened out there?" Maxwell growled.

"We were attacked. Three of them, I had to send Kate inside to alert anyone. But they left, before I could see their faces".

"What about the Intruders at the Eastern border?" Rex asked agitated.

"No sign of the persons yet, but they saw some paw prints around the area and again, no scent".

The hall got tensed as the trace of fear emitting from the pack was obvious.

"Everyone needs to seat still and remain calm. There's no need to get all worried" Alpha Miguel tried to reason with the crowd.

Kassandra shook her hair wildly, "no, no one need to stay here"

"And why is that" Miguel questioned his daughter.

"We need to evacuate this hall, I heard them saying something about leaving no witness behind once they get into the hall"

Hearing this the hall got rowdy and noisy. People held onto their loved one and some shuffled towards the doors in attempt to leave.

In a matter of seconds the hall got rowdy as the crowd tried to push their way out of the hall.

In the midst of the shuffle, Kassandra held onto Kate's hand and pulled her through till they exited the hall.

Outside the hall they met up with Dave. With a nod, they left to their various stations.

~~~~~~~~~~

LIAM'S POV

A guard walked up to me frowning, "do you think it was actually more than one person?"

I nodded, "from the paw prints, it seems so".

Mark and I stood with some soldiers at the Eastern border. We were trying to scope the area for the Intruders.

Well they're trying while I'm just plying around with my thoughts.

Its wasn't long before I got the message I had been waiting for.

All done,

Currently at our point. What next.

You have ten minutes before you head to the creek. Don't leave any witness, be as discreet as possible.

Tuning them out I turned to the guards around.

"I'm gonna scout the area, I need two guards with me, the rest should stay behind and keep us informed".

Nodding at Mark, I gestured to another guard. And we headed off towards the creek with me behind the duo.

The moment we got out of hearing, I pulled the guard back snapping his neck before he could think or link anyone.

"Well that's was fast" Mark commented.

Shrugging, I pulled the body towards a tree, laying it down gently against it's stump.

"We have to be as quiet as possible, we wouldn't want to alert any other guards around. As you know there's a whole lot of them".

He nodded in understanding and we walked on.

As we rounded corners the number of guards decreased slightly and subtly. Knowing that there were lots of guards around we ensured to be as quiet as possible while taking them out.

When I got to the creek, the others were already there. And like I told them, there were no blood stains on them.

Mark moved towards his mate, hugging her tightly "were you hurt, hope no one touched you?"

Kassandra giggled softly, shaking her head.

Using the mind link to avoid eavesdropping, I linked with them.

We're gonna swim off, I'll go in first and you follow. But try not to make yourself obvious.

Sir yes sir.

Getting onto the water, we began our journey.

Well mate, here we come.

~~~~~~~~~~

AURORA'S POV

I paced from one end of the room to the other trying to calm my tensed mind.

Liam hadn't linked me and neither has he given me an update. I've tried calling out to him but he just keeps blocking me out.

You know, you ought to calm down. I'm sure he's got everything under control. Cora advices.

How can you be so sure, he hasn't spoken to me after asking me to hack into the cameras.

Well maybe it's cause he doesn't need your help.

I sighed heavily, flopping face down on the bed. You're right maybe I'm just overreacting. I'm sure he has everything covered

Exactly girl. That's the spirit. Cora cheers.

I frowned. But how will he have everything under control when he's working alone. He needs my help, he can't carry out all he planned alone.

Cora rolled her eyes. That's it, I'm ignoring you.

Wait, you can't ignore me, you stay in my head remember.

And I can still do as I please remember?

Ooh come on. You have to admit that it's true. Liam isn't gonna do all that alone.

And you have to trust him okay. If he says he can do it, then be rest assured that he can.

But what if....

Aurora has he ever let you down?

My shoulders slumped . No he hasn't.

Then believe that he won't this time.

Nodding I got under the covers. I just hope he's okay.

I know how you feel girl, remember he's our mate not just yours.

I didn't forget Cora.

Cora shook her head. I'm pretty sure you did. Besides I've been waiting for him so I can jump his bones and get him to kiss the hell out of us and maybe finally mate with us.

CORA!!!

Smiling I snuggled deeper into the sheets only to stand up the moment my door banged loudly.

"Honey I'm home"

Standing as quickly as I could I rushed to the door, flinging it open.

"Liam you're back" I exclaimed hugging him

Chuckling he pulled back giving me a long ass kiss. "And we've got company".

Looking over his shoulders I froze, my eyes wide open.

"Well this wasn't the reaction I was expecting" Mark snorted.

Ignoring him I faced my friends, "well I certainly wasn't expecting this company".

Mary squealed loudly pushed Liam aside and hugged me, too shocked to react I hugged her back.

I think that was a mistake cause the next second she was crying over me and the others joined in the hug.

Patting her back I tried to remove myself but she held on tighter.

Just give the girl a minute to calm down, so I can go back to Liam's arms. Cora yawned.

Chuckling I hugged my friends tighter. "It's good to see you all".

When we broke apart I turned to Mark who stood with a nervous Kassandra,"well what are you both doing here?".

Liam rubbed my shoulders, "they're with me and they were my greatest help".

Frowning I gestured for them to enter the room. And watched as they sat on the bed. "Now I need to know why you guys are here"

"Just give me a moment to get over the fact that you're okay and not hurt or dead" Dave sniffled.

Baby please don't be harsh on them. I had a reason for asking their help. Liam pleaded through the mind link while nuzzling my neck.

Even Mark, of what use is he. And why is Kassandra here too?

Liam placed a kiss on my shoulders. How about giving them a chance to explain themselves. You also owe your friends an explanation too you know.

Leaning back on him I cleared my throat, "I'm sorry for being rude, I'm just in shock".

"Us too" Kate smiled.

Walking to the bed I laid on their bodies with my head on Mary's lap and leg on Neil's lap.

"I missed you guy, sorry I caused you pain".

Neil patted my leg "It's okay, we're glad you're safe".

"And I'm sorry for my behavior, I totally understand your anger" Mark apologized.

"So you're an assassin huh?" I asked Kassandra.

She shrugged, "not by choice, my dad forced it on me. But I'm glad he did cause that was how I knew Mark is my mate"

I smiled at her, "good thing, that means you're gonna put him in his place"

We all laughed, the tension easing up a bit.

"Now how about I tell you of the men I killed today" Dave clapped.

"Yeah me too" Mary added

"Hey I also killed some guards" Kate frowned.

I turned to my mate, "Liam what did you do to my innocent friends?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 54.4K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
10M 348K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...
1.9M 43.4K 53
"Your no mate of mine! You're weak and not worthy of being the Luna." He shouts, but I didn't filinch once. "I, Alex, future Alpha of the DragonFire...
167K 5.2K 37
Book 1 - The Lotus Moon Series - Beta Lancaster Beta Taylor Lancaster was never supposed to take a mate, as a category three dangerous wolf, he was d...