Always by your side (Cloud St...

By chasy2804

Okay this is not my drawing or picture it belongs to someone else. You, Cloud, and Tifa known each other sinc... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
An New Journey

Chapter 1

7.2K 75 26
By chasy2804

Author note: This is your outfit that you are wearing, but you will have a sword, bows and arrows and you might used your guns as well.

Author's note: This is a little update from this book, but I tried to get rid of the first picture of the original outfit to have a new one, but when I got rid of the first picture of the outfit. I put the new outfit but it shows the same outfit and I really don't like that because I don't want anyone to scroll right to look at the new outfit, so what the heck Wattpad 😭😭😭

So I will put the picture here.

(Y/n)'s POV

The train was able to get us to a stop, me and Cloud looked at the two soldiers but before we could take them out.  Biggs was able to get one soldier, the other soldier was looking around, but Biggs came and was able to get the soldier and here comes Jessie to do a roundhouse kick at the soldier's chest.  The soldiers were knocked out.  Wedge got off the train, we see Barret was looking at Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge before the three of them take off running.  Cloud got down first before I got down as well, me and Cloud got down from the train with a grunt.

Barret turned around to see us, "Get down here, mercs." Barret said to us.  Cloud was holding the sword that Zack gave to him before Zack passed away.  I was holding my sword that Cloud gave to me, when I was learning how to fight a sword back then.

(That's the sword that Cloud gave to you.)

Cloud put his sword away, I did the same thing as well because there was no soldiers or anyone. Cloud looked at me before he made a head motion to me that we have to get going, I looked at Cloud before I nod back at Cloud, but before we can keep going, we see two soldiers of telling us a 'halt' to us. Barret looked at the soldiers before telling us, "You two are up." Barret said to us. Barret started to leave us with the soldiers, me and Cloud looked at each other before we sigh at this before we got out our swords to attack the soldiers. The soldiers were yelling at us, "You two are coming with us!" The soldier yelled at us.

Cloud just attack the other soldier, while I was attacking the other soldier, "Don't think so." Cloud said to the soldier that was attacking him. I looked at the soldier that was about to punch me, but I dodge his punch before I just kicked the soldier to the wall. Cloud looked at me before he was doing that head motion to me again and I started to follow him. Me and Cloud started walking upstairs but of course more soldiers were there, "Who the hell—!?" The soldier yelled at us. The rest of the soldiers were coming at us with their weapons, "Hands where I can see 'em!" The soldier yelled at us.

Luckily this gives time for Bigg, Wedge, Jessie, and Barret to go somewhere. Jessie turned around to see us before telling us, "Have fun!" Jessie said to us before gave us a wave and she was following the rest of the others. Me and Cloud got our swords out before we started to attack the soldiers, "Freeze! Move and we shoot!" The soldier yelled at us. Me and Cloud didn't care because we just told them, "Go ahead." We said to the soldiers. Cloud was able to do some trick at the soldier because he just said, "Holy shit!" The soldier yelled. I just did was attack the soldier with my sword before I backflip away from the soldier and I pulled out my bow and arrow before I started to aimed at the soldier and I was able to get a clean shot at the soldier's chest.

Cloud started walking towards to me to see that I shoot the soldier in the chest before he looked at me again, "Nice shot." Cloud said to me. I looked at Cloud before I gave him a small smile before telling him, "Thanks." I said to Cloud. Me and Cloud started walking towards to the others before we hear more footsteps coming downstairs and of course there has to be more soldiers here now, "Drop the weapons!" The soldier yelled at us. Barret was able to get Bigg, Wedge, and Jessie away before Biggs looked at us, "You two got this!" Biggs said to us. Wedge started looking at us as well before telling us, "Yeah, what he said!" Wedge said to us. The others went upstairs, while me and Cloud had to get rid of the soldiers and of course they were firing their guns at us.

Me and Cloud just did was blocked it with our swords before we started attack them with our swords before they were dead. Cloud looked at me before telling me, "You still haven't changed when it comes to fighting?" Cloud asked me. I just chuckled at this before telling Cloud, "Well, we are Ex-soldiers but now is not the time to talk about that." I told Cloud. Cloud just nod at me before we started walking upstairs and I looked around the room a bit to see if anything is useful for us. I started to looked at boxes to see some potions in there before I put them away before me and Cloud started walking outside and we see Wedge was probably looking for any soldiers.

Jessie was looking at something before she started asking us, "So what's SOLDER boy's and girl's deal? Are you two one of us now?" Jessie asked us or probably the others. Jessie was not done talking because she did kept going, "They've both got balls, this, uh...uh...what was their name again?" Jessie asked us or someone else. Luckily Biggs answer her question, "Cloud and (Y/n). Cloud Strife and (Y/n) (L/n)." Biggs said to Jessie. I did listen to this conversation before I heard Biggs was talking to Jessie, "And they are not Soldiers anymore. Still, they are professional—unlike the rest of us." Biggs told Jessie. Biggs kept talking to Jessie, "I'm glad to have them." Biggs said to Jessie.

Wedge was almost near us before he gave us a thumbs up and a chuckle as well. Cloud just nod his head before telling the others, "This is a onetime gig. When it's done, we're done." Cloud said to the others. I just looked at the others before telling them, "He's right, once this mission is over, we get our Gil and we leave." I said to the others.  Wedge looked upset because he lower his hand down and he grabbed his weapon out and he started to looked around the area.  Me and Cloud started walking towards to Barret, but it looks like Barret turned around to see me and Cloud.  Barret just scoff at us before he moved his arm to move Cloud out at the way.

Barret was walking towards to Jessie and Biggs to see if they can get the door open, me and Cloud knew it was nothing, but Wedge started to get a conversation with us, "C'mon, nobody's do something this crazy just for money. They may not think you two are a true believer, but you two know what I think?" Wedge asked us.  Cloud wasn't really in the mood to talk to anyone besides me, "Not interested." Cloud told Wedge.  Wedge looked confused and kinda upset but before Wedge could say anything to us.

Jessie and Biggs were able to get the door open now and the two of them take of running with their guns out.  Barret was walking but he turned around to look at Wedge before he called his name.  Wedge just looked nervous before he started to follow his teammates or friends, but Barret was about to walk away but he looked at me and Cloud, "You two better be worth the money, mercs. Every last gil." Barret said to us in a kinda pissed off voice.  I looked at Barret before telling him, "Do you have to asked?" I said to Barret in a kinda pissed off tone. Barret didn't hear me because he just took off the other way.

Cloud just looks at me before we started following behind Barret, "This is why? we don't work with other people." I said to myself. Cloud must've heard me because he just told me, "You got one thing right about that (Y/n), but don't worry I think this is the last mission that we have to do." Cloud said to me. I nod my head at Cloud before we started walking downstairs and we see a Guard dog was going to attack us. Cloud just got out his sword to attack the guard dog, I noticed there was more enemies coming, so I got out my sword and I started swinging my sword at the enemies til I was able to get rid of them.

Cloud turned around to see me putting my sword behind my back again before Cloud could say anything to, we heard Wedge was talking to us, "Hey, Cloud! (Y/n)! Elevator's over there! Catch up soon!" Wedge yelled at us. Cloud saw the elevator and he grabbed my hand and we started running towards to the elevator and once we got on the elevator. Cloud pushed the button to get the elevator to go up, once we got up, I was walking ahead of Cloud, but I realized that I couldn't moved away. I looked at Cloud but then I remember that Cloud was still holding my hand, I looked back at Cloud before telling him, "Um, Cloud you can let go of my hand, we don't need to run right now." I said to Cloud.

Cloud looked at me before he looked down to see our hands were still holding each other, before we moved our hands away from each other and we looked the other way to see that we have to go downstairs now. Me and Cloud went downstairs and we see Barret, Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge trying to get the bars opened. Biggs and Jessie were able to get it and others took off, but not before Biggs points his gun at the other direction, "Not so fast. We've got company." Biggs said to us. Me and Cloud turned around to see more soldiers were here, but before I could get my bow out, I noticed Cloud was looking at me before telling me, "(Y/n), you go I got these guys." Cloud tells me. I looked at Cloud before telling him, "Alright." I said to Cloud before I got down and I started to move towards the gate door that is broke now.

I started walking to find the others, but of course there has to be a lot of soldiers here, so I got out my bow and arrow before I started to aimed for one of the soldiers chest, I took a deep breath and I shot the soldiers chest. The other soldiers noticed before they started to focus on me, "Get her!" I heard one of the soldiers yelled out. I started to put my bow away and I grabbed my guns before I started to shoot at one of the soldier's at their leg. The soldier was crying in pain, but I just did was a roundhouse kick at the soldier's chest and he was dead now. I just took a deep breath before I could go anywhere, I felt hand covered my mouth, so I couldn't get any help around me.

I had my gun moved at the person that was behind me, but before I could shoot my gun, I heard someone kinda scream in pain before I felt the hand that covered my mouth was gone. I turned around to see Cloud was the one that save me, "Thanks, Cloud." I said to him. Cloud looked at me before telling me, "You're welcome." Cloud said to me. The two of us started walking forward but we noticed a lever, so I started to pulled it down and the door was opened now, "You know what to do—now go!" We heard Barret said to us or the others.  Wedge just said, "See you two later!" Wedge said us.

Wedge just went the other way, while Barret, Jessie, and Biggs go the other way, "C'mon, Cloud! (Y/n)!" Jessie said to us.  Me and Cloud follow the others but not before we hear Barret was talking to us, "Pick up the pace!" Barret said to us.  Me and Cloud didn't say anything because it was not worth it and also that me and Cloud started running as fast as we can to follow them.

Cloud's POV

Me and (Y/n) we were able to catch up with the others, but before we could look around this area, we hear Barret was talking us, "SOLDIERs may attack on command, but I hear they make good guards dogs too. Bet you two seen a few reactors." Barret said to us.  I didn't say anything to Barret because I really wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody, but (Y/n) was different because she really wasn't like the others, (Y/n) is almost like me but different personality.  Barret started asking us something, "So how do we get to the bridge above mako storage?" Barret asked us.

Me and (Y/n) just sigh at this before we hear Barret was talking to us again, "Ain't holding out on me, are you two?" Barret asked us.  Barret was not done talking because he kept going on, "Stamp scared to bite the hand that fed him? Or are you two a loyal little doggy's!?" Barret yelled at us.  I felt my head was having some headaches, but I noticed (Y/n) was checking up on me to see if I was okay, "Have it your way, mutts. We can do this with you two, or we can do this without you two." Barret said to us.  (Y/n) looked at Barret before she started talking to him, "You think that we are still working with that asshole! But we don't work there anymore because it was lies and the deaths that we lost! And not to forgot to mention, but I lost my family and my siblings as well! So don't say that we are loyal to that man!" (Y/n) yelled at Barret.

(I thought maybe the reader lost her family and her siblings when she was still working  as a Soldier, I thought it be interesting 🤔)

I know (Y/n) lost her family a while ago but I guess she doesn't like when someone is thinking that we are still working with the enemy.  I looked at (Y/n) before I nod my head at her before I started talking to Barret, "Different reactor, different layout. Depends when it was built. Never seen one like this, but we'll manage." I told Barret.  Barret just looked at me before he kept his focus on Biggs, I noticed (Y/n) was leaning her body against the wall but before I could talk to her.  Biggs was able to get the door to open and we see soldiers were in the room, I stepped in, but of course the soldiers noticed me.

The soldiers were going to close the door, but I noticed (Y/n) jump in here in time before the doors closed.  (Y/n) got up and she looked at me before telling me, "You know, you can let out your anger at them because of Barret because I know I am." (Y/n) said to me.  I looked at her before telling her, "No it's fine, let's just get rid of them." I said to (Y/n).  (Y/n) just gives me a thumbs up before she got out her sword and started attacking the soldiers, while I was doing the same as well.  (Y/n) just did some attacks at the soldiers and I was just doing some other attacks at the soldiers til they were dead.

The two of us heard the doors open and we see the others were coming here now, so we started walking towards to Jessie to see her trying to get the door opened, "It's a good thing I know someone who can get us the passcodes. Pity no one else at command will talk to us, but what can you two do?" Jessie asked us.  Me and (Y/n) didn't get a chance to say anything because Jessie was able to get us to the other room, "And we're good!" Jessie said us.  Jessie started to go up head, but not for Biggs to tell her, "Careful in there." Biggs said to Jessie.

(Y/n) started walking towards to Biggs and probably keeping guard to check if there is anyone that comes by us.  Jessie tells me to pushed the button on the elevator, so I did and I noticed Jessie was talking to me, "So...You two know Tifa, right? It's not really my business, but are you guys close?" Jessie asked me.  I just looked at the elevator door, but Tifa is a childhood friend of me and (Y/n).  I really didn't have any feelings for Tifa because she is a good friend to me and (Y/n), but (Y/n) was different, she never gives up hope or anything else that comes to her way.

(Y/n) was smart and she knew that she was really good at fighting since when she was little, but I do have feelings for (Y/n), but I don't know if she would date me or I might get rejected from her.  (Y/n) was the first person that I became friends with, before me and (Y/n) met Tifa.  I looked at Jessie before I could say anything to Jessie, we heard the elevator was making a noise and the doors were opened.  I noticed (Y/n) was walking towards to us and the four of us got on the elevator.

The elevator started to move and I noticed that Barret was moving around before he started talking to us, "This pump's sole purpose is to drain the plant dry. While you sleep, while you eat, while you shit—it's here, sucking up mako. It doesn't rest and it doesn't care! You two do realize what mako is, don't you two?" Barret asked us.  (Y/n) just looked bored at this before she started to leaned against the wall again, "Mako is the lifeblood of our world. The plant bleeds green like you and me bleed red. The hell you two think's gonna happen when it's all gone, huh!? Answer me!" Barret yelled at us.  Me and (Y/n) just looked at Barret like we didn't get in phase of Barret's screaming.  Barret keep going on again, "You two gonna stand there and pretend you two can't hear the planet crying out in pain? I know you two can!" Barret yelled at us and he point his finger at us.

I looked at Barret with no emotion face before telling him, "You really hear that?" I asked Barret.  Barret moved his finger away from me before he pointed a finger to (Y/n), "And what about you? You going to cry as well because a guy like me that you can't deal with me yelling loud!" Barret yelled at (Y/n).  (Y/n) just looks at Barret before telling him, "You think you're yelling is scaring me? That's when you're wrong because I feel like you would scared a 1 year old instead." (Y/n) told Barret.

Barret just looked at her before he moved his finger away from her before he started talking to us, "Damn straight I do!" Barret yelled at us.  I looked at Barret before telling him, "Get help." I said to Barret in a sarcastic tone.  I heard a chuckle from (Y/n) and a gasp from Jessie, but Barret did not like that because  he started walking towards to me, "Say that again!" Barret yelled at me.  I just sigh at this before we heard the elevator stop moving and we will be in other floor.  I looked at Barret before telling him, "I'd worry less about the planet and more about the next five seconds. Save the screaming for later." I said to Barret.

(Y/n) got off the wall and started talking to Barret as well, "He's right, you really don't want to lose your voice from all that screaming and yelling." (Y/n) said to Barret.  Barret looked pissed because he looked at (Y/n) like he wanted to hit her face so bad, but he couldn't.  The elevator doors opened and we were in a different room now, "Our lives are on the line now." Barret said to us.  Barret started walking towards to us before he started to point his weapon at the side of my face before telling us, "You two listening, mercs? One false move..." Barret said to us before he fire his weapon at the mental robot before it was dead, "And that happens!" Barret said to us.

(Y/n)'s POV

Jessie was looking at us before telling Barret, "Well, so much for having Cloud and (Y/n) do all the fighting. There are some places a sword just can't reach..." Jessie said to us.  Jessie started walking towards to me and Cloud before telling us, "Just...bear with him for me, would you two?" Jessie asked us.  I just walked away from them before I heard Barret was chuckling something funny, but I heard Cloud was talking to them, "Should've asked for more money." Cloud said to the others.  I just chuckled at this before I started walking before I heard a noise come from my right side.

I turned around quick to see a robot was about hit me, but I blocked the attack with my sword before Cloud and Barret started help me, "Gonna throw your swords at 'em? Let the man with the gun go to work!" Barret said to us.  I really didn't say anything to Barret because I wasn't going to say anything to him, "These tin cans ain't got nothing on me!" Barret yelled at the robots.  Cloud kept blocking the attacks with his sword, I was using my guns to shoot the robots, but of course they were going to attack me with their lasers beams, but I dodge them real fast.

There was so much enemies that I heard Barret tried to do a joke at us, "Do your job, mercs!" Barret said to us.  Cloud wasn't even laughing at that joke because he was focusing on the robots, "Shut up and move over." Cloud said to Barret.  I just chuckled at this before I aimed my gun at the robot before I shot the robot and it was dead now.

Time skip still (Y/n)'s POV

Once we were done with the Seeper, we were able to get to the reactor room.  Jessie decided to stayed upstairs, while me, Cloud, and Barret had to do explosives.  Once the three of us got downstairs to reach the mako reactor, Barret gave Cloud the bomb to explode this place up.  Cloud was looking at the reactor and I started looking at the reactor as well before we started to have pains in our heads.

I noticed Cloud looked at me before I could say anything to him, I felt my legs were started to get wobbly but before I could fall down, I felt strong arms grabbed me before I could fall down.  I turned my head to see Cloud was the one that grabbed my hand before he helped me up, before me and Cloud could say anything, we heard Barret was talking to us, "What's wrong?" Barret asked us.  Cloud looked at me before asking me, "You alright?" Cloud asked me. I just nod my head at Cloud before Cloud told Barret that it was nothing.

Cloud moved my arm around his neck, while he gave me the bomb to put it down, while his other arm was helping me up.  I asked Barret about the timer for the bomb, but Barret told us that we could do any minutes, so I looked at Cloud before I used my hand to put the timer at 20 minutes, but before I could push the button, me and Cloud heard something from a distance.

I moved my arm away from Cloud's neck before I started to get my sword out, Cloud did the same thing as I did, "You both double-crossing—" Barret didn't get a chance to finish his sentence before we noticed something was coming above us, "Heads up!" Me and Cloud yelled at Barret.  Barret just looked kinda shock before he asked us of how we can get rid of this robot.  Cloud just told Barret that it's weakness is lightning, so Cloud was doing some spells like using lightning on the robot, while I was using my sword to hit the robot and I also made sure that I was not going to get hit by the robot. 

The robot was using some defense that it was almost impossible to killed it, because it kept dodging and it was trying to hit us with a lot of his weapons, but we had to dodge a lot of his attacks, but it was so much attacking it that we were able to get rid of it, but it was not the end because this robot was using his tail to shoot lasers at us, but the lasers were hitting the mako reactor and of course it hit the bomb to go off with the timer.  The three of us took running as fast as we can to get out of here, but of course there was robots here, but we really didn't have time to deal with them.

Me and Cloud took off running and we see a ladder to go up and we were climbing up to see Jessie fall down and a piece of rumble fall on Jessie leg.  Cloud started to move and I was on the big pipe and I started running towards to Jessie, "You okay!" Me and Cloud asked Jessie.  Jessie told us to help her out, so me and Cloud moved the rumble off of Jessie leg and we heard Barret telling us that he will might us the other side and also that we have to take care of Jessie.  The three of us started following Jessie and there was a lot of ladders that we have to climb up.

Time skip again still (Y/n)'s POV

All of us were able to get back to the room of where Wedge was at, but of course Jessie fell down, but me and Cloud help Jessie up, but before me and Cloud go anywhere. A big pipe came down almost closed to me and Cloud, but it just missed us, but this bridge was going to go down with it, "Cloud! (Y/n)!" Jessie yelled at us. Cloud looked at me before he stick out his hand to me, but before I could grabbed his hand, I felt there was nothing below me anymore because one of the platforms that I was standing on was coming down fast. I looked at Cloud before I yelled at his name, "Cloud!" I yelled his name. Cloud grabbed my hand just in time before I could fall to my death.

Cloud help me up before he did something unexpected, Cloud picked me up in bridal style before he looked at me before telling me, "Hang on tight to me." Cloud said to me. I looked at him before telling him, "Okay." I said to Cloud. I moved my arms around Cloud's neck before Cloud started to jumped away from the stuff, luckily Cloud was able to get us to Jessie. Jessie looked at us, but she looked at Cloud before telling him, "Okay, that was pretty cool." Jessie said to Cloud. I noticed Cloud was having a small smile on his face, "All right. Come on!" Jessie said to us. Cloud was following behind Jessie, while Cloud was still holding me in bridal style.

Once all of us were out of the building, I noticed Cloud didn't put me down, so I looked at Cloud before telling him, "Cloud, you can put me down, there are no more explosives." I said to Cloud. Cloud looked at me before he put me down and I unwrapped my arms away from his neck before we started running back to the train station.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 11 23
This book 2 ! That continues after Crystal Hearts Cloud X Reader X Ignis This book will have lots of Cloud Strife moments Final Fantasy Rebirth is ou...
4.2K 181 62
COMPLETED First book: Lean on Me Life's looking up for the members of Avalanche. They're starting families, getting jobs, and just enjoying life for...
63.8K 1.5K 40
Growing up alongside Cloud and Tifa, Lailah Tenebris is a girl whose past is drenched in blood and plagued by death. As a descendant of Gaia, she use...
29.6K 595 19
Pardon some grammatical errors, I created this a few years ago, way back 2015. t was a tragic ending for her.. Yes.....Tragic.. But for him.. It was...