Love Lies (Unedited)

By mpayne22

Alcohol + Hot Guy = Positive Pregnancy Test (FULL SUMMARY INSIDE) ------ Most impressive rankings #1 - fictio... More

i n t r o d u c t i o n
c h a r a c t e r a e s t h e t i c
c o p y r i g h t
p l a y l i s t
"I hate automatic flushing toliets"
"Hold my hoops"
"I wasn't talking about your dick!"
"You will tell me everything"
"Why are you crying?"
"I like the way you talk"
"I can't find Paul"
"Did you think I was a Stripper?"
"Luc- Oh shit!"
"Not the time Charlie!"
"You know that's my specialty"
"You had sex at MY wedding!"
"She's a bitch all the time"
"Oh you know... Reasons."
"I think it's too late for that"
"Your house is very dull"
"Where did you get that one?"
"I think he is hot as shit too"
"Let alone by Harrison"
"I am not acting like a child!"
"What is a Waffle House?"
"It's bonding night!"
"Nice to meet you Mr baby daddy"
"You can't guilt trip me!"
"A little birdie told me..."
"A douchebag jar."
"Leave the beer"
"Hey little man"
"Get drunk and get laid"
"Purple suit douchebag"
"How'd we go from breakfast to sex?"
"Not my brightest moment"
"Are you fu- fudging kidding me?"
"Adulting is expensive"
"Gerald? Griffin? Gray-"
"He's such an assho-"
"Mom's shit list"
"This is for the drink"
"Do I need to plan a funeral?"
"My new favortie drink"
"I got her, old friend"
"The girl her son knocked up"
"How does everyone know?"
"Out of all the places, Oregon?"
"Forewarning, he's a dick"
"Whatcha gonna do about it?"
"This is all a bad dream"
"Stay"
"Being treated like a pet rock"
"Apple Juice"
"The End"

"Shut the fuck up Kelly"

9.8K 383 48
By mpayne22

Unedited**
Harrison's POV:

    I push the break room door open, my bag slung over my shoulder and a clipboard gripped in my hand. I can't wait to get out of this damn hospital and into my bed.

"Harrison Price," Kelly looks up at me when I reach the desk, and I give her a smile, "Whatcha need Mr Heartthrob?"

"I'm 'bout to leave, but needed to give you my rep-" two paramedics run in, pushing a stretcher. I turned, but I couldn't get a good look at the person laying on the stretcher.

"Twenty-three year female, contusion to the head, two gunshot wounds to the chest, one lung was punctured, but both bullets hit the lung. We stopped the bleeding and were able to put a chest tube in. She's about eight months pregnant, I wasn't able to get a fetal heartbeat." Kelly moves from the desk and starts running over to them, yelling out commands to some nurses.

"Price, come on," Kelly yells, before slipping into the trauma room.

    I drop my bag and toss the clipboard across the desk. I turn and roll up the sleeves of my white dress shirt and run, grabbing a pair of gloves from the nurse standing out beside the curtain.

    When I push the curtain aside I stand in shock. This can't be happening. Absolutely no way this is happening right now. Her pale skin is washed out by the light of the hospital as they perform an ultrasound. Lucy. The baby. I stand there, my hands begin to shake. That's when I remember what they said when she was rushed in. No fetal heartbeat. Gunshot wounds.

"Harrison what the fuck are doing?" Kelly yelled as she yelled at another nurse to insert something into Lucy. I ignore her and start yelling.

I point to one of the newer nurses, "You go get her OB, Doctor Kennedi Reese." She stood there stiff as a board, "What are you doing? NOW!" My heart pounds against my chest. I can't let him or her die. I ran over to the ultrasound and grabbed the wand out of the tech's hand. The gel is already rubbed on her stomach, so I start searching. For anything, any sound, something to let me know he is alive. Everyone went quiet because they know fucking better than to yell at a doctor, but Kelly was fuming.

"Harrison!" She yelled.

I turned to her, and say as calmly but my heart was breaking in my chest, "Shut the fuck up Kelly. Remember who's the doctor here and do your fucking job."

"I'm trying to," she yelled back, "You are endangering this baby and the mother! I'm the one in charge! Not you! You are crossing the line." She turns back and says something to a nurse.

"I don't fucking ca-" I stop when I hear it. My eyes dart to the screen and I see him. His little body curled up and the sound of his heart beating so quietly.

"There's a heartbeat, it's faint, but it's there," the ultrasound tech said. I drop the wand and get up.

"Someone get him out of here," Doctor Reese's voice booms through the commotion. My eyes reach her face and she looks pissed. All the nurses go still, confused on why she is ordering me to get out of here.

"I'm not leaving," my eyes darted back to Luce's lifeless body, the tube in her throat and the bandages on her chest. She walks over to the side of the bed and starts ordering nurses around.

"Harrison," she says sternly, looking me dead in the eye, "Get your ass out of here before I call security."

I clench my jaw, "I'm not leaving." I have to save Luce. She has to make it out alive. I can't do this alone. And I won't let it happen.

"You are the father of this child!" she yells out, "Someone get him the hell out of here!"
Everyone in the room goes still once again.

"Price come out here with me," Kelly says and grabs my arm before I can refute. She pulls me into the break room and shuts the door.

"What the fuck was that?!" She yells at me, anger filling her face. I can't answer. I need to get back. "You're job was to help, not fucking take over! You violated so many rules, everyone saw!"

    "That's my fucking baby! That's the fucking lo-" I yell out frustrated.

    She rubs her temple, "I heard what the OB said. DO you not understand you almost had to be escorted."

    "I don't care!," frustration spills as I reach over to the door but her hand grips mine, "Let. Me. Go." Her head shakes, but her hand lets go of mine.

    "She's stable right now. The baby is ok, but you need to calm down," I looked at her. I am calm. "You can't let your emotions get in the way or..."

    "Or what?" I ask. I need to get to Lucy.

    "You know what," she claims.

    "You can't fucking do that!" I scream at her.

    "I can too," she says, "One word to them and you're screwed. Your career is on the line you understand. Out there," her hand flys in the air, pointing out to the emergency room, "You have to be professional. Don't let your emotions get out of control. Be professional and do your damn job. Let everyone else do theirs and everything will be fine." I nod. She's right. My knees buckle and I fall to the floor. Sobs rack through my body. I can't lose her. Not today. Not for a long time. Not ever.

    A body pressed against mine, "Harrison she's going to be ok. You're one of the best damn doctors I know. Stubborn or not."

    CODE OB. CODE OB. T5

    Mine and Kelly's pagers went off. Lucy's room. I jump off the ground and run out of the break room. When I got to the room they wheeled Lucy out.

    "What the hell is going on? Why is there a Code OB? Is the baby ok?" I yell out. He was fine, she was fine just a few seconds ago. No one talks to me. Fuck. I follow them all the way to the OR when I'm stopped. Jay stands there scrubbing in talking to Kennedi. He doesn't notice me.

    "Jay!" I yell out. His head turns and his eyes go wide. Kennedi walks into the operating room and the nurse opens the door for him as he puts his second pair of gloves on.

    "Dude what are you doing?" he asks me in a hush tone.

    "What's going on?" I ask. The only reason Jay would be here is because he is planning on doing... realization hits me.

    "You can't do a c-section," I tell him. Jay looks at me when he realizes who exactly she is.

    "Contact her family," was all Jay said before he closed the doors and walked in the operating room. I peek through the small window on the door and I pull out my phone. But it stays off in my shaky hands. They're doing this because they know one of them won't survive otherwise. My back hits the wall and my legs give out. 

    Who would do this? The last person she was with was... Grant. But he wouldn't do it. I may dislike the guy but I know he wouldn't do it. All I can do is think. Overthink. But nothing racks out of my body. I can't let my emotions get in the way. I can't think of the worst.

I look down at my phone and see that it's been about thirty minutes. I need to call someone. I dial the first number I can think of and let it ring for what feels like forever, until it finally clicks.

    A groggy voice answers, "Why the hell are you calling me? It's two in the morning?"

    "I need to talk to Jenna," I said hurriedly.

    "Then why didn't you just call her, dumbass," Will says before it goes quiet.

    "What the hell?" Jenna mumbles.

    "Something's happened. I need you to call.." I whisper, "call her mom or dad." I stand up and peak into the OR. Jenna mutters something, but I don't quite catch it.

I keep the phone to my ear and try to see what's happening. One of the nurses moves out of my sight and I can see Jay's hands pull out the baby, but Something's wrong. His tiny body isn't moving and the light washes out the purple tint of his skin.

    "He's not crying," I mutter, trying to keep my emotions at bay. I look at Jay, but my view is cut off when nurses start crowding around him.

    "What?" I hear Jenna say. Shit I forgot I was on the phone.

    "Jenna," I try and keep my eye on my son, "I need you to call Lucy's parents and I need you to come to the hospital. I don't have time to explain."

    "Harrison what the hell-" I end the call and slide the phone back into my coat pocket.

    They push out the incubator and start yelling at each other that his oxygen levels are low. My body moves with them, keeping an eye on the baby. He's so small. Too tiny.

    "Doctor," one of the nurses turns away as the others keep going forward, "We need you to stay away and let us do our job.

    "I'm the fucking father."

    "Oh," her eyes go big and she nods, "Follow me then."

-------

    I stuck my hand through the hole of the incubator and gently touched his little hand. I found out that after I left they couldn't find his heartbeat, that there was no movement in the womb, so they had to perform an emergency c-section.

    "Dr Price," the nurse said softly, "You have visitors." I pulled my hand out of the incubator and got up, following her to the waiting room.

    Jenna stands holding Will's arm, worry filling her face. She drops his arm and walks over to me.

    "Where is she? Is the baby ok? What happened? Is she ok? We've been sitting here for six hours and haven't seen you what's going on." she rambled, her emotions overwhelming her.

    "Slow down," I tell her, "Let's go over to Will and I'll tell you." She nods and we walk over to the group of chairs. I sit down for the second time in ten hours. Jenna sits down in front of me, Will in suit and I start talking.

    "Lucy just got out of surgery," Jenna gasps loudly and Will sighs, "She was shot. Two bullets to her chest. We had to do a thoracotomy."

    "You did the surgery?" Will asks. I shake my head. Hawkins wouldn't let me. Not after the shit I pulled when she first arrived. He also told me to spend time with the baby, and that's what I did.

    "She's ok. They've induced a coma so she can heal. She'll wake up in the next few days."

    "What about the baby?" Jenna asks me. I fidget with the skin around my finger nail.

    "He's ok," I look up at the both of them, "He came into the world at about 2:55" Jenna cried. Not as bad as I did when I got to hold him for the first time, but she cried.

    "Have you named him?" Will asks me. I haven't because Lucy and I couldn't agree on a name.

    "Yes we decided on something a few weeks ago, but I'm going to wait until she wakes up to tell you guys," they both nod and Will looks over to the sliding doors. Grant walks in, his shirt bloody and his jacket tattered. Exhaustion waved over his face. I stand up, anger washes over me.

    "Where the fuck have you been?" I yell, people's attention darts to me. I ignore it.

    Grant's jaw clenches, "Not right here. We can talk, but not right here." He doesn't want to make a scene.

    I direct us to the break room and lock the door behind me, "Are you fucking kidding me?" I angirly laugh.

    His face goes pale, "What?" Is he serious?

    "You're seriously going to ignore the fact that Lucy has been in critical condition for the past eight fucking hours!" I yell, my face red.

    "I've been busy," he yells back at me.

    "Oh have you?" he better have a good excuse or my fist is going to be good friends with his face, "You want to know what i've been doing? I watched the woman I love get wheeled in with two fucking gunshot wounds to her chest. I watched my kid almost die, watched him come out not breathing because he is one month too fucking early. I've talked to countless police officers trying to figure out what the hell happened, while her actual boyfriend is nowhere to be seen. For all I know you could've fucking shot her!"

    "I was at the fucking police station!" Grant finally says, rubbing his hand across his jaw, "Dealing with all of this!" I had talked to the police and they said they had the suspect in custody, but never told me who.

    "Who?"

    "Braden Miller," Fuck, "And I was with her. I watched h-her-" he fell on his knees and just sat there.

"Tell me what happened."

    He looks at me, "It's my fault. I watched him shoot her Harrison. I walked out of the bathroom, I just finished showering. She thought Everett forgot his key and couldn't get in  or something. I should've known. I called 911. One of their neighbors ran after him and got him. I tried to stop the blood but there was so much of it. She told me to tell you- "

    "No. Fuck no," I interrupt him, "I'm pissed, but it's not your fault. Fuck," I run my fingers through my hair. This can't be fucking happening.

Grant let out a sigh and walked over to the leather couch, "Is she ok?" I nod, sitting down beside him, and take off my white lab coat. We sit there and Grant lets out a shaky breath.

"She's not my girlfriend," he confesses. I look over, my eyes wide.

"Sorry, what?" I question, not believing what he just said. There's no way.

He rubbed his hand across his face, "We were never dating. I love her, but like a sister. Yes, we dated in high school and we did sleep together months back, but.." He stops and looks at me dead in the eye, "I never had a chance with her. We both knew that. She already loved someone else." His head falls back and he closes his eyes.

Then it hits me.

A/N

Me writing this chapter

Well.... happy new year?! I had to edited and tweak some things so it all made since that's why I'm a lil late with this update.

Atlas: Two - Sleeping at Last

To stay up to date on things make sure to follow my socials (link in bio!!)

make sure to hit the little star in the corner!!

Comment, Vote, and Share!!

Hope you enjoyed lovies :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.7K 2.1K 32
'ι ѕαנ∂ ιм тнє σиє иσт тнє тωσ'
2.3M 75.1K 47
I hate it when the women are weak in the stories so I made my main character a hot head and I gave her that name in the story because it means: 'Free...
8.9M 235K 53
(#1 ChickLit) WARNING: Being left at the altar in front of 500 wedding guests may lead to irrational behavior, causing you to go on your honeymoon al...
429K 19.4K 21
Arden McHale used to be part of the best relationship in history, in his own opinion. Until his now-ex-girlfriend decided to cheat on him. Then, well...