My companion | میرےہمدم

By 7Hazel

#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed... More

Authors note
Characters Sketch
Reflection|عکس
Dissociation | بچھڑنا
Sparkle | رونق
Priceless | انمول
Meeting | ملاقات
Restlessness | اضطراب
Stars | انجم
I do | قبول ہے
Indifference | تغافل
Strangers | اغیار
Coincidence | اتفاق
Gem | گوہر
Effort | کاوش
Full Moon | ماہ کامل
Worry | تفکر
Determination | عزم
Blow | ضرب
Darkness | تیرگی
Begining | ابتداء
Sincerity | اخلاص
Responsibilty | ذمہ داري
Pain | درد
Mark | نقش
Trust | اعتماد
Colors | رنگ
Author's note
Family | خاندان
Moment | لمحہ
Care | خیال
Delighted | شاد
Selfless | بےلوث
Protector | پاسباں
Birthday | سالگراہ
Birthday-II | سالگراہ
Birthday-III | سالگراہ
Gradually | رفتہ رفتہ
Closeness | قربت
Related | وابستہ
Affect | اثر
Eid | عید
Embrace | آغوش
Face to face | مقابل
Dewy | شبنمی
Not an update
Unique | نایاب
Drop | قطرہ
Lost in wonder | محوحیرت
Sacred | مقدس
Knock | دستک
Separation | جدائی
Evening | سانجھ
Awaiting | منتظر
Unexpected | غیر متوقع
Twilight | شفق
Confront | روبرو
Misunderstanding |غَلَط فہمی
Helplessness | بے بسی
Unease | خلش
Complete | مکمل
Author's note
Epilogue-1
Epilogue-2

Longing | حسرت

19.4K 1K 97
By 7Hazel

HAPPY READ!❤

تقدیرسے ہر شخص نے پایاحصہ

میرےحصےمیں تیرےساتھ کی حسرت آئ

(Taqdeer say hur shakhs nay paya hissa

Meray hissay mein tere sath ki husrut ayi)

Dada Jan's Haveli:

"Pehle tou aik cheater tha ab do do mil gye hain (We had one cheater at first, now two are teamed up)", Huzaifa huffed in anger eyeing Zain and Maham.

"Who did you call cheater Huzaifa?", Maham narrowed her eyes.

"Do I need to explain?", Huzaifa replied.

"Maham baji ignore him, Bhai can't see us winning. He is just jealous.", Zain said.

"Huh? Jeet hi na jao (We will see)", Huzaifa rolled his eyes.

Everyone was playing cards. Maham and Zain paired up together and cheated full-time, as usual.

"Huzaifa let them cheat, they still can't win. jeetne ka dum nahi hai bacho mein (The kids haven't got the guts to win)", Usman and Huzaifa laughed and high-fived.

Zohaib agreed to play with them after a lot of insistence and handed Zahra to his mom. He had made such a poker face that nobody could guess his cards. On the other side, Faryal being Faryal got tricked by Usman and showed all her cards to him.

Uzair was teasing both Zain and Maham. He was trying to get a sneak peek of their cards by leaning towards them every now and then.

"Uzair bhai what are you doing", Zain whined, trying to push him away with his elbow.

"Cheaters getting annoyed by another cheater", Huzaifa chuckled.

In the end, after a lot of arguments the game ended, Zohaib was declared as a clear winner.

"Chupay Rustum (A dark horse)", Faryal murmured and pouted.

It was their last night in the haveli as they will be leaving for Islamabad tomorrow in the morning.

"I'm gonna miss you guys so much, please don't go", Usman said with a saddened voice.

"I wish we could live together Usman Bhai", Zain replied.

Maham was sitting beside Faryal, her head placed on Fayal's shoulder. She straightened in her place, looked into her eyes, and said with a pout, "Faryal I'll miss you a lottttt". Both of them took each other in a warm hug savoring the sisterhood.

"These days were the best days of my life. I don't have cousins so all this is very new and amazing", Faryal said with a smile.

"But now you have us, right?", Usman stated genuinely.

"Of course", Faryal replied with a tightlipped smile

"Excuse me!", Zohaib stood up.

"You can't stay?", Uzair asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Zohaib shook his head and said "Zahra needs me", and left the place.

All of them stayed up till late and were talking with each other and played a few games.

*****

Faryal peeked at Zahra who was deep asleep, holding her soft toy.  She looked at her with longing and whispered "Mera Bacha (My child)"

A few minutes later she left the room before Zohaib could find her near Zahra, and went to get ready in Maham's room.

"Tayi Ammi you have to come to Islamabad soon", Faryal said and kissed her cheek.

"Of course betay, meri beti kahe aur mein na aon ho hi nahi saktha (My daughter will ask me and I won't do that, impossible", Tayi Ammi replied lovingly and hugged her.

"Promise?"Faryal whispered still wrapped in her embrace.

"Pakka promise", Tayi Ammi replied.

It was Sunday morning and they were leaving for Islamabad. Everyone was saying bye to each other with gloomy eyes. Dadi Jan and Dada Jan also assured them that they will soon plan to come to Islamabad.

Faryal and Zohaib were sitting together beside Dadi phupho. Faryal was holding Zahra thanks to Dadi phuho who ordered Zohaib. He was stubborn but one thing she understood about him in these few days of marriage was that he respects his elders a lot.

Faryal was playing with Zahra when Dadi phupho said, "Now I just want to hear good news from you". Faryal looked at her, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and then again started talking with Zahra.

"I know you two will have the most beautiful kids." Dadi phupho added. Faryal froze at her place. She glanced at Dadi phupho's direction, and then towards Zohaib who seemed angry.

"Aese ghor kya rahi ho, ghalat kya kaha mein nay. Shaddi hovi hai tou bachay b hongay aik din (Why are you staring me like that, what did I say wrong? You got married and you will have kids one day ", Dadi phupho said in a very normal way. 

Mom and Tayi Ammi exchanged a worried look which clearly meant "THIS LADY WILL NEVER STOP INTERFERING." 

Faryal fixed her eyes on Zahra, pretending to ignore Dadi phupho's words but a faint blush appeared on her cheek was telling a different story. She lowered her face and kissed Zahra.

After some time they settled down in the cars. Zohaib insisted Mom to accompany them so she can take care of Zahra. Faryal, Zohaib, Mom, and Zahra were seated in one car while Huzaifa, Zain, and Dad were coming together in another car.

Faryal purposely sat on the back seat of the car and insisted mom her to take the front passenger seat. After Dadi phupho's words, she was embarrassed and wanted to stay away from Zohaib.

Faryal waved a bye to them with a heavy heart, "Farewell is hard, as always. Saying goodbye is to acknowledge that wheels turn and time passes but this time she knew what going back meant." She sank into her thoughts, closed her eyes, and after some time dozed off.

*****

They reached Durrani's house in the afternoon. Everyone was tired and hungry. They had their dinner early and retired back to their rooms to get some rest.

Faryal was coming back to her room when she heard faint chuckles of Zahra and Zohaib's voice saying something to her. She looked at the closed door in front of her and a smile crept on her face, shook her head, and murmured "Zahra and her laughter attacks".

She entered her empty room, looked around, and sighed. In these past ten days, she got accustomed to their presence. Zohaib never talked to her and also never allowed her to touch Zahra in the room but at least she was able to feel their presence.

She knew Zohaib would become that old Zohaib who would not only pretend that she does not exist but also would never allow her near Zahra. The mere thought of the reality was heartbreaking. 

She took out her mobile from the bag and saw so many messages from Usman, Uzair, and Maham asking her about the journey and telling her that they are missing them. She replied to their messages and talked with them for a few minutes. She was missing them too.

After that, she called baba Jan and talked with him for a long time and then Amma Jan and Agha Jan as well, to get rid of the loneliness, alongside she arranged her things for the university tomorrow. 

---------------------------------

Assalam-u-Alaikum\ Namaste! I hope you guys are doing safe and well. ❤

How was today's update?

What do you think about the story so far?

Which part of the chapter did you like?

P.S: Thanks for your comments and votes.❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

659K 53.8K 55
[wattpad featured story] For Rabail her entire world revolves around the ideals, traditions, and honor of her family, but fate brings her face to fac...
450K 2.6K 9
Saanvi Verma, a beautiful 21 year old girl living in a happy family. She's so kind and humble. She catches the attention of a heartless Rehaan Khan...
257K 8.5K 71
Ayeleen was a passionate doctor, who achieved her dream after many struggles. She was committed to a man whom she loved for seven years, and he loved...
373K 19.1K 34
Fahad, a 29 year old business man who has no interest in marriage agrees reluctantly after his mother insists him to get settled in life. Laiba, a vi...