BNHA | Behind The Mask

By bugsy878710

Y/n just wanted to have a fun exciting life. Will she find what she's always wanted? Or will she find what sh... More

1 | So You Had A Bad Day-
2 | It's Pizza Time
3 | There's Green In The Waters
4 | Maniac On The Loose!
5 | Spread The News Will Ya?
6 | So This Is U.A?
7 | So.......Like A Mechanic?
8 | Battle Training!
9 | Boom
10 | Rush Hour
11 | Starting Line
12 | The First Villain Attack
13 | Bye Bye Mr. BadGuy!
Bye Bye Mr. BadGuy!
Bed Rest
The Book
Competition, That's A Whole 'Nother Subject-
Depends, Will I go Splat! or Boom?
Saving The Damsel In Distress!
Prepare for Battle!
Let The Games Begin!
May The Odds Be Forever In Your Favor!
πŸ’–THANK YOU FOR THE 200!πŸ’–
Can You Even Keep Up With Me?
I Want Your Team!
Sure, Let's Go With That-
Lunch Brawl !
A Lion's Pride
πŸ’–Thanks For The 400! πŸ’–
Shake What Mama Gave Ya!
Keep The Ball Rolling!
A/n:
Purple + Green = Disaster
Thank you for πŸ’–600πŸ’–
~Love interests for now~
Wtf is this?!
SHOCKING NEWS!
Close to you
Please don't panic!
Thank you for the 1k!πŸ’•
Chapter 12 update!
Chapter 13 update!

Why Don't You Cheer For Me?

1.2K 57 24
By bugsy878710

*underlined is english or another language

In one of the empty tunnels the stadium had was Y/n, leaning on the wall already in her cheerleading outfit and her bag holding it closely to her chest, her yellow pompoms on the floor by her feet. Along with her was Mineta and Kaminari inspecting the American cheerleaders who just came back from their break.

"You have access to the girl's locker room right? Why not just take their clothes or something?" Mineta asked having his own visual in mind.

Y/n scoffed, glaring at him slightly. "Yeah that sounds like a great idea. Just who do you think they'll blame it on? The people who have access to the locker? Or the girl they insulted a few minutes ago, who uses the lockers daily?"

~*~

"Nothin' but a delivery girl."

~*~

"You're r right though, this is pretty petty but after what they said, can I really let that go?" Y/n sighed looking at her feet. This was ridiculous. Usual being teased like that was never uncommon for anyone but the few times she has encountered them she'd usual walk away or counter it with her own voice.

This time feels different. Like all the words she can say are just not enough.

"I'm not doing this just to do it or because of my pride but if I don't do anything about they'll think they can mess with other people like that too."

'Right? Is that what I'm going for here? This is the first time I'm making a focused goal with the mask instead of the other times where I just react to what's happening around me.'

~*~

"Aw don't be like that. Maybe one day, you know, after they realize your better off like this than a hero, you just might be aloud in the Pizzeria. Though I did hear they don't allow dogs...."

~*~

Y/n's grip tightened around her bag, bringing it up a bit to cover her frown. "Even though I said you owe me, I'm sorry for bringing you into this..."

The two boys have always taken it upon themselves to look at the girls in their class everyday since they've started school here. Whether that deserves praise or not is debatable.

Within that time, not once have they've seen Y/n with that sort of expression. They've seen her looked upset before, they've seen her a bit angry before, and they've seen her look annoyed. But never have they've seen her look so...... defeated.

It was confusing. Wasn't she the strong one?

They don't know what happened. They don't know what was so bad that Y/n would act this way.

Kaminari smiled, pulling up his phone. "You're right though, we do owe you. Come on Y/n, we can't film this without the star!"

"We'll be your witnesses if they try to blame this on you!" Mineta punched the air with a smile in attempts to look cool.

The corner of her mouth twitched upwards slightly. She moved to open her bag. "Turn around for a second please."

Once they did, she slipped the mask on, it's sides stretching out to get ahold of her completely. Green flashes filling the dark parts of the tunnel, confused as to what was going on, the boys turned back around with wide eyes and dropped jaws.

Her hair was once again filled with green highlights mixed with her hair color. Her hair was loose this time instead of being tied up in a crazy hair style. Lips dark green almost looking black. From the upper part of the hip that could be shown was the start of the Snake tattoo which end finished at the end of her skirt, barely poking out.

Y/n seemed to have kept the cheerleader outfit. The only noticeable difference of that would be the collar on her neck wasn't the school colors. It was emerald green with a tiny model of the mask as a charm.

The two watched memorized as she leans down to pick up her pom poms. Y/n confidently walked towards the opening of the tunnel. Kaminari and Mineta exchanged looks before clumsily following behind her.

~*~

"NOONDAY BREAK IS OVER! IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR THE LAST ROUND! BUT BEFORE THAT- GOOD NEWS FOR ANYONE WHO DIDN'T MAKE THE FINALES! SINCE THIS IS THE SPORTS FESTIVAL, WE'VE PREPARED SOME SUPER FUN SIDE GAMES EVERYONE CAN PARTICIPATE IN! WE EVEN BROUGHT IN CHEERLEADERS FROM AMERICA TO GET YOUR BLOOD PUMPING~!" Mic announces, happy to be on air again.

"Let's go U.A! YaY!" Sure enough, the cheerleaders were there smiling as the cameras and crowd gave them their full attention.

"Hold up...."That was untill Mic pointed out something quite unexpected. Catching on to where Mic was looking, Aizawa groaned annoyed. "What are they doing....?"

~*~

"Pfffff!" Tomura choose the wrong time to take a sip of his drink. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

~*~

There in the field for everyone to see was class 1-A's girls dressed up in their own cheerleader outfits, courtesy of Momo, completely shocked to see no other classes dressed up for the so called: cheerleading battle.

"LOOKS LIKE CLASS 1-A IS GOING ON FULL-ON FAN SERVICE!!!"

While the rest seem dreadful, Y/n cheered proudly catching attention of both her peers and the audience. The brunette that had bothered her in the first place, burned her gaze onto Y/n.

Then again so did many others........in a different way.

"You tricked us!?! You're going to regret this!!!!" Momo yelled at the two pervs who were currently cheering at their success from afar. They really did owe y/n one.

Yaoyorozu lets herself fall to the ground defeated. "Why is it that I always end up falling for that little pervert's stupid schemes? I even use my quirk to make these outfits....."

Uraraka took a knee next to her patting her back sympathetically with an awkward smile.

Jiro threw down her pom poms angrily and flustered. "Ugh! I hate those guys!!"

Toru tried shaking her own pom poms encouragingly in the air. "Well we do have a little time before the finals start and I do kinda like these uniforms so-" She moved side to side excitedly with her skirt following her perfectly. "How about we just roll with it!!"

"Yeah!" Cheered Y/n who was right next to her matching her mood.

"Are you crazy!?!" Jiro yelled. With this many people watching there's no way she'd want to be seen like this! She has no doubt in mind that her parents will have a mouthful of things to say to her once she gets home and that's definitely not a conversation she'd like to be apart of.

"Debatable~!" Y/n stretched out.

"Wow you two, you've got some skills." Asui complemented.

"I've always wanted to know what it's like to be a cheerleader! " Toru patted Y/n's shoulder repeatedly. "Like the ones who get tossed in the air! It looks so cool! I wish I could do that!"

From the corner of her eye She say them still watching. "Wish granted!" Y/n went down quickly to get Toru's shoe and tossed her up in the air a bit higher then a normal cheerleader would go, she managed to get her do a little spin in the air just for show.

The crowds attention was now completely on them as well as every camera.

When Toru came down, Y/n had effortlessly caught her bridal style before putting her down completely. "That was so cool! Ah! Everyone was watching! Hey! Hey! Let's do that again!"

The brunette from earlier had just about enough with this girl. Just who does she think she is?! She was the one who was invited to perform at this school not her. She was the one everyone should have their eyes on! She's the main attraction!

But the thing is...... jealousy can be a really ugly thing. It make one feel greedy, needy, and absolutely desperate to get their way.

This, of course, was in this young cheerleaders case. She could have just ignored it. Maybe even try to get her team to cheer a bit louder.

Instead she went for a microphone with it's stick that was conveniently placed a few feet away from her and address the audience directly.

Talk about breaking the fourth wall. Jeez lady, who would do such a thing?

"Hey U.A!" She shouted making everyone shut up. She was the only one in her group who could somewhat speak Japanese properly besides her co-head cheerleader.

Pro Hero: President Mic was a bit upset with someone suddenly acting like an announcer. 'That's my job...' He pouted to himself.

"It's been a great great honor to be here today! We've had a lot of places we could have cheered in, I don't even know how many but we choose U.A. I mean how many have a chance to be here am I right?" She giggled a bit before continuing.

"And We hope we made this an event to remember! Anyways as our coach always says- Daaaaaaaaaay-O!"

Above, Mic had turned to look at Aizawa then back to the field, his voice accidently escaping to U.A's speakers. "What?"

The cheerleader's brows knitted together confused as to what just happened. That wasn't her voice. That was much much deeper. The others seem to have noticed her worry and tried to help. "What's going on? Are you okay?"

"Um..."The brunette just laughed it off, sounding a bit nervous. "I-I am so sorry. I don't know- I don't know what just happened." She straightens her posture to seem professional again. "I meant to say-"

Y/n titled her head, slightly smiling.

The cheerleader interrupted herself again."me say day, me say day, me say day, me say day, me Daaaay-oooo omp!"

"Hey, do you need to lie down? Let me help!" The blond of their group tried taking the Microphone away from her but the brunette snatch it back. "No!" She shouted. To hell if anyone thinks they can stop her from getting this! This is her day!

"No." She attempted to regain her outburst. "I just need to- Daylight come and me wan' go hooooome- Ugh! What is happening to me?!"

"Maxie!" A cheerleader shouted turning to said cheerleader who responded right away with a big yes. All of them laughed it off making the brunette step back and letting 'maxie' in front instead.

"Haha, on behalf of our leader and ourselves, I'd just like to say- Work all night on a drink of rum!" her shoulders went forward with each word unwillingly.

The cheerleaders were about to laugh it off again before they were forced to stand in a hero pose with their legs slightly apart and their hands and pom poms on their hips."Daylight come and me wan' go home!" They sang in sync.

"Stack Banana- " The brunette placed on hand on her hip. "Till the morning come!" Then did the same to the other before rotating her hips like if she was using a hula hoop. Her hand slapped her butt making her jump. "Muraca!"

Already enjoying this, Mic was moving around a bit in his chair much to Aizawa's annoyance. "They're crazy aren't they?"

"Daylight come and me wan' go home!" They repeated. "Day! Me say Daaaay-o! Daylight come and me wan' go home!" Their arms jerked forward as their pom poms started shaking in their hands going downwards slowly.

Y/n spotted one of the girls trying to escape by backing away. She crossed her arms before discreetly turing her finger in circular motion.

Maxie's hands sprung back up in the air with only her hands together, in a fist, while her hips rolled as she turned all the way around. Her eyes switched from her movements to the audience, surprised by her own actions. She couldn't stop the words from spilling. "Come Mister tally man! Tally me Banana!"

"Daylight come and me wan' go home!" The cheerleaders, except for Maxie who was in front , connected themselves by holding onto each others forearms in a line, pulling themselves side to side.

Mic swayed himself side to side gently as he tapped his desk to the beat, singing along since he wanted to join in. "Come Mister tall man! Tally me Banana! Hey!?!"

Nonetheless, he was hit by Aizawa on the shoulder as his way of tell him to shut up.

"Daylight come and me wan' go home!" The cheerleaders in the middle shimmied forward while the rest shimmied back.

No one besides Kaminari and Mineta knew it was Y/n. Maybe deep down the cheerleaders knew but they couldn't call her out and the crowd didn't notice they were in distress because Y/n made sure they all had big smiles on display.

"A beautiful bunch of ripe banana! " The brunette place her hand out and down before the others joined in to do the same forming a circle with them facing inward. "Daylight come and me wan' go home!"

"What do you think they're doing now l/n?" Jiro asked with an amused smile. At this point she decided to enjoy the free show and appreciate the fact that no one's eyes are on her anymore.

Noticing she got no answer she turned only to see nothing but a silly outline of where the girl once was. "L/n?!"

The cheerleaders threw their hands up again, only this time Y/n had somehow popped out of the middle smiling proudly with her hands in the air. Her appearance clearly shocking everyone. "Hide the deadly- Black Tarantula!"

'Just where the hell did she come from?!'

After seeing the random student, the coach of the cheerleader team was trying to go up and tell her to get out of there but everything went dark. Only a single spotlight on the coach who, despite their girly appearance, let out in the lowest and deepest voice Y/n could get out of her. "Daylight come and me wan' go home!"

The lights came back on.

"Lift six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch!" One started moving by the beat with the others following to slowly break the circle. The other have their hands on the shoulders of the one in front and Y/n being the last one in the conga line.

"Daylight come and me wan' go home!" They stoped for a second to sway forward and back before continuing. "Six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch!"

They were all finally in a line again but this time Y/n stopped and pretended to be obvious to what they were doing next. "Daylight come and me waaaaan' gooooo hooooome!"

They turned away from the audience before bending slightly and pulled up their skirts to show oversized boxer underwear, each one with red lettering spelling out 'THE END!'

Everyone roared with laughter as Y/n covered her mouth looking surprised.

"IF THAT WASN'T A SHOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS! THIS YEAR SEEMS TO BE FILLED WITH SURPRISES! AND TWISTED TURNS OF EVENTS!" Mic started clapping first which caught on threw out the arena. "GIVE IT UP FOR OUR GUEST EVERYONE!"

Red faced, the cheerleaders picked up any pom poms they dropped before forming a line out and to a tunnel. Before the brunette left she caught Y/n's eyes on her. "You-!" she growled.

"You did this didn't you?! You- You- You-!" She accused fumbling over her words.

Y/n smirked, shrugging her shoulders, not letting her finish. "Then I guess it's true what they say! Karma is a bitch~!"

Before the cheerleader could get her hands on her, Y/n jumped away then started spinning all the way to where the U.A students have gathered around Midnight's stage. She went once around placing a curtain so the underneath of the stage wouldn't show before going in herself with flashes of green following as usual.

When Y/n got out, still dressed in her cheerleading outfit and the mask tucked away safely in her bag, she was trying to stop herself so she wouldn't fall slightly jumping on one leg.

She finally got her balance back but realized the students were staring. Not knowing what to do Y/n gave them a small awkward smile trying not to meet their questioning gazes.

"Uh....hey? Did I- Uh- miss anything?"

A/n:

I admit the revenge thing was kinda lame, stupid even, which is why I took so long because I couldn't think of how or if I wanted to even keep writing it. But it was kinda fun.

but since this is based on "The Mask", you've gotta have seen the singing part coming right?

Plus I didn't put in the music because I realize that YouTube might not work on all devices properly but I'm leaving the link if you want to hear it : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvg39WVedQU&feature=youtu.be

I'm really working on trying to get that my hero vibe for y/n. I don't want her background to be too traumatic but just enough to where she can have something to grow on. Especially since I'm barely starting to reveal her origin to you guys. Nothing too severe I swear.

Merry Christmas!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 641 28
(Y/n)...different...that was what she was.... When (y/n) comes upon a group of avians like her... ( without what makes her different )... She starts...
72.9K 3K 45
[various!bnha x fem!moth!reader] "why do you wanna be a hero?" "i don't remember." quirkless and bullied [last name] [first name] wakes up from a 17...
1.9M 45.6K 199
Started: September 14th, 2020 Ended: June 5th, 2021 These are just for fun, and I try to update every day! Mostly female/gender neutral reader Most o...
2.2M 96.2K 148
𝐌𝐘 π‡π„π‘πŽ π€π‚π€πƒπ„πŒπˆπ€ π•π€π‘πˆπŽπ”π’ : β–¬β–¬β–¬ β–¬β–¬ ❝ π—₯π—˜π—£π—₯π—’π—šπ—₯𝗔𝗠 β€§β‚ŠΛš ➀ Where a girl goes throughout her school years honestly not caring a...