Amariya: The Runaway Bride

By KTheWinner

AN AREWA STORY NEEDS HEAVY EDITING! I had been running for a very long time and I was tired already. I panted... More

Introduction
1• An Ungrateful Friend
2• My Troublesome Sibling
3• I'm Sorry
4• ... Now They Know
5• We've Landed In Trouble
6• Everything Happens For A Reason
7• Danger
8• Opening Up
9• Plans And Schemes
10• Khadijah's Special Day
11• CAST
12• Change Of Plans
13• Divorce 1
15• Reminisence
16• Where Is She?
17• Mission Accomplished?
Character aesthetics ✨

14• Divorce 2

142 29 12
By KTheWinner

Ayooo!!
Merry Christmas!! 💃🏽🎁🎉🎊🌟
Welcome to another chapter ☺️. This chapter is dedicated to Just_Minah_ You guys should check out her books Inioluwa and Of roses and thorns
She writes sooooo well❤️.

Expect more surprise dedications from now on 😉

I officially present to you all, chapter fourteen😅 I don't know why I just typed that but...lol

~Surrayah~

He gave me four hours!
Four hours to end our marriage,
Four hours to say goodbye to the place I've called home for the past twenty-nine years and,
Four hours to leave the Mohammed Bawa family forever!

I cried as I sat on the marble tiled floor. I was the last wife of Idris, how could he do this to me and end up blaming me for everything when he's not always around and values business before family? He went out leaving me with one instruction, "leave in four hours". I checked my phone, it was already 4:35 pm. I had only twenty five minutes more.

I sniffed as I packed some of my clothes into two different travelling bags and I kept the rest in my wardrobe but there still wasn't enough space left for my designer bags and shoes. There was no way I would be moving out without my expensive Birkin and Gucci bags, Hell no!

I ended up packing the rest of my belongings into a multi-coloured
ghana-must-go-bag which looked really local but at this point, I was so desperate. After successfully packing up and making tough decisions in choosing what to leave behind, I sighed and wiped my tears and roughly landed on the bed behind me.

Why would he let me go like that? Just because I cheated, The Saint.

He's hiding something from me and I have to find out what it is.

I answered my subconscious and made up my mind to go on a very dangerous mission. My curiosity was eating me up. It was do or die.

I made sure the coast was clear before tiptoeing into Idris' room. I closed the door behind me and cringed when it opened, I turned back in shock but I couldn't see anyone. I guess it was the wind then.

I need clues, I need to find clues.

I repeated audibly, countless times searching every single corner of the room. Where does Idris hide his things?...
I kept on searching until it hit me, his bedside table.

I quickly dragged it open and searched through papers and different pens both used and unused. There were envelopes and pills in there too.
"Such a dope head" I muttered.

There's nothing here! Dang!
I cursed, hitting his bedpost with the tip of my toe and I pranced around the room.
There has to be something here, there has to be a clue!

I walked over to his wardrobe and checked the pockets of every single kaftan.
"A ring!" I shouted.

I found a ring in the pocket of one of his kaftans. I covered my mouth hoping no one heard my sudden outburst.
So, he's getting married then?

"Hmmmm..." I admired it. It was so beautiful and I rubbed my thumb and index finger against it to feel it, it was made of real gold and I was sure this was worth a lot of karats. He really admired this girl he wanted to marry from how beautiful the ring looked.

"So he wants to get rid of me so he can marry someone else?"
Who does he want to marry? It was probably a young girl. Idris loved little cheap girls he could use to catch cruise and dump later but I was cheating and he felt so mad about it that he sought a divorce?

He did say he travelled to Kaduna for a press conference or did he also travel to get a wife? Why does he want to marry this girl?
Whoever this girl was, I will make sure that she regrets getting in between I and idris' marriage.

I dropped the ring back in his pocket and arranged the drawer that I opened earlier. I checked the large hallway before walking out of the room like nothing happened.

I got to my room's door and turned the handle before I noticed Safiya standing by me.
"Mum," she called looking at me straight in the eyes like she could feel the guilt in them.

She had flawless dark skin just like her father and it pissed me off. I never want to see anything related to that man after today. I always felt that way ever since I gave birth to her brother all alone, in that labour room with no one waiting at the other end.

Whenever I look at them, all I see is the image of the person who taught me nothing but pain and suffering.

"Mum, you left your phone on the couch in the sitting room downstairs. Someone has been calling but I couldn't answer it on time. The phone was locked," she said. She kept her eyes fixed on me and I looked away immediately. I would have kept my eyes fixed on her too if only I didn't feel guilty right now. Especially because I hadn't told her about the divorce.

She handed me the iPhone and I said"thank you" before opening the door to my room.

She looked in and saw my luggage but she wasn't surprised. Yes, she wasn't. She still stood there, staring daggers at me. I felt irritated.

"What is it!?" I asked her rudely and eyed her. I didn't have any time to waste and I might as well not tell her about the whole thing. I wanted his children nowhere near me. Plus, they will be an advantage whenever I decide to get payback.

"Mum, are you travelling?" She asked. I never told them whenever I would be travelling and they never knew when I would be coming back. They couldn't even call me because I wouldn't pick their calls.

I pretty much had the freedom to do whatever I wanted and with Idris' money, I enjoyed all my trips to the fullest. I made sure to bring souvenirs from every country I visited. Even though I wasn't going to live in his house anymore, I still had millions in my account and Alhaji Yusuf would definitely take good care of me.

I already told him about the divorce and he promised to send his driver to pick me up by 5pm.

"I'm not," I answered plainly and walked into the room then remembered the missed call. I checked my phone and It was Alhaji Yusuf who called.

I couldn't call back at the moment so I went straight to my WhatsApp app to see if he had sent a message. I saved his number as 'Yusuf flight booker' to avoid suspicion and whenever I called him, I referred to him as Yusuf but whenever we weren't on the phone, he was Darling or Alhaji.

That was the way I saved peoples numbers actually, according to the services they provide or where I met them or their titles even.

He texted:

My driver is waiting outside, I hope you're ready.
I have loads of surprises for you, can't wait for you to come over.

So the driver was already outside, I had less time now. I stared at my phone, on no item in particular until I turned to Safiya who gave me a 'do you think I wouldn't know look'.

She figured out everything, she probably saw the message before me. No wonder the message didn't pop up like the rest of my messages did whenever a new message came in.

Or did she watch me as I searched Idris' room and muttered to myself? How much had she seen?

I didn't need to tell her anything as she gave me a nasty look. It was unlike me anyways. I had five minutes left now. I checked the room for any relevant things I hadn't packed yet.

"Why mum?"She asked walking into the room and furrowing her brows, anger evident in her tone. She sat at the edge of the King-sized bed by me and I stared at her. That concerned yet angry look on Safiya Muhammad's face could never be seen on Idris' face.

It was more like she was scolding me through her looks alone. Idris never seemed interested in whatever happened to me. He only cared for his other wives and my children were closer to Nafisa and my co-wives than they were to me.

It is really my fault and I always feel jealous whenever I see all of them together, being happy without me. I still didn't give her the answer she desperately needed but she knew already.

Safiya knew but she wanted me to confirm it. She wanted to believe that it all wasn't true.

"Mum, I can't believe I'm just getting to know now. You've been cheating on dad and I'm just getting to know... now." She repeated again, stressing the 'now' while at it.

I sighed and stared at the ground. She was going to scold me. Just like she did with her father whenever he did something wrong. Wait, what was getting into this girl? Is this my imagination or something?

She stood up.

"You've been cheating since GOD KNOWS WHEN and he's divorced you right?" She asked me, staring down at me with furrowed brows.

"Right?" She repeated again. Wait oh... Are this girl's words really getting to me? She has guts, a lot at that.
I let out a small bitter laugh and smiled a small smile by the side of my lips still staring on the ground but nothing in particular.

"Ever since you've been in this house, you never cared about anyone mum! All you cared about was yourself and your lavish lifestyle!"

"Go away, go away for all I care! I won't miss you one bit!" she said through gritted teeth still staring at me.

I got up and stared her straight in the eyes still fighting the urge to slap her senses out.

"Look here, Safiya Mohammamed Bawa. I am your mother and you have no right to talk to me like that. What has gotten into you?!" I yelled.

She was shocked at my answer and she moved back causing a small smile to creep by the side of my lips again. That fear which I fought to instill in her and every other person in this house came back again.

Her sense must have taken a vacation and it was finally back. I didn't need to tell her the same thing all day. Just a few words and she was back to normal.

"Before I forget..." I began.

"Give me those papers by the wardrobe." I commanded and she gave them to me with the pen beside it and a plain expression on her face. She still felt angry, I could feel it and it irritated me but she tried not to show it unless she wanted to get further on my nerves.

I collected the papers from her and signed them then gave them back to her.
"Take, give this to your father when he comes back." Safiya took it from me and stood there motionless. She had on a neutral face but it was concealing way too much.

She was boiling silently. Wallahi, her anger issues are unbelievable, just like her father. I didn't care anyways, I dropped the papers and the pen on the bed after signing.

I heard a sharp ring and checked my iPhone. It was a message from Alhaji telling me to be fast with whatever I was doing. I checked my time and it was 6:03.

I had really wasted a lot of time and if Idris happened to walk into the house and find me any moment from now, I would be dead. With the tone of his voice few hours ago, he sounded so dangerous like he was ready to do away with me and not regret anything.

He didn't care that I had children for him already. Not like I cared but as much as I tried to brush all this off and tell myself that I could start a new life, I couldn't accept it. Not after all I went through.

I held my phone tightly in my hand and sighed heavily. I stood up and rushed to my bags then dragged them outside the room. Safiya was still standing like she didn't care if I locked her in. I carried the keys, about to lock the door before she ran out. So she did care after all.

'Amina! Amina!!" I called one of the maids who ran into the room.

"Help me carry those bags downstairs." I said pointing at one of the travelling bags and the ghana-must-go bag still in front of the room. She did as I said and followed behind me.

I held one bag with the metal handle and dragged it behind me till we got to an elevator. I pressed the button for the last floor on the controls and stepped in.

My heart beat fast at the thought of Idris catching me still in the house at that moment.
We got to the last floor.

Nafisa and the rest weren't in the sitting room where the elevator stopped us and I still wondered how they didn't hear the noise upstairs some minutes ago. I almost forgot this was a mansion, of course they shouldn't have heard.

They would be shocked when they come to knock on my door and they don't find me there. Idris would explain everything to them and they won't be worried instead, they'd thank God that I finally left them. They would finally be at peace.

Amina walked behind me with my luggage once I got out of the door. Without saying my last greetings to the rest. I walked towards the gate of the mansion and turned back to stare at the huge edifice. It was stunning, really. There were more than five cars parked in the compound and there was still more in the family house at Kaduna.

Although I hated all of them, it still felt painful leaving them. I don't know if I was pained because I was leaving this house because of the divorce or...

"Madam," Amina called out, drawing me out of my thoughts. The bags in her hands weren't there anymore.
"Where are my bags?" I asked.

"Madam, one man come and take the bags inside his car. He say he take you to..."

I cut her short.

"Speak in Hausa. Don't bother speaking in English if you don't know how to!" I snapped at her.
This girl was brought from the village and whenever she spoke in Hausa, Idris corrected her to use English even though it was horrible.

She frowned and pointed at a jeep outside the gate. She was trying to tell me that the driver came to carry my bags to the car.

I looked back at the mansion one more time before walking out if the gate and into Yusuf's car where his driver was. I sat at the back seat.

He ignited the car and we went on our way.

Heyyoooo!!! My gems, gemmies, gem gems 😅 I think I should stop there 😁
How was this chapter?

What do you think of Surrayah? What do you think about the divorce? Tell me your thoughts ❤️ flood the comments section ☺️

Nigerians would know that a ghana-must-go bag is a kind of travelling bag that is decorated with beautiful designs and all. I think it was named that way because of a war back then but i'm not sure. All the same peace ✌🏾
I love Ghanaians oh 😘 I love their culture and their ankara ❤️❤️❤️
Shout out to all my Ghanaian readers 😘

Also, the way Surrayah saves peoples numbers was funny 😂😅 To me sha 👀

Don't be a ghost reader naw 😪 Vote or comment your thoughts on the chapter and share.

I'm changing somethings in this book sha. Idris has only 12 children now and Surrayah has only 2 children😁

I will also give you guys the pictures of other characters when you request 😊✌🏾
I feel like I've said too much 😅

Merry Christmas once again!!💃🏽🎉🎊🌟

All the X's and O's

~Kosy 💎💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.4K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...