𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

( — THIRTEEN ; PERMANENT DARKNESS )

"TANJIRO-san! Demon, behind you!"

I swiftly counter-attacked the demon we were fighting with my sword, giving the demon a deep gash across the face. He let out an amused laugh, and in a split second the wound was nowhere to be seen.

Tsk. This was an Upper Moon, also known as Upper Demon Moon Two.

We were supposed to be encountering a normal demon, but it turned out that the Upper Moon was only disguising itself. Since the area was deep in the woods, the Hashira dispatch would take longer than expected.

"Amazing! Your sword is super soft!" The Upper Moon chuckled, waving his fan around as he blocked all of my attacks. "Are you sure it's made of steel?"

"Mila-san! Code 276!" Me and Tanjiro had developed a code to follow so that we could yell instructions while battling. Code 276 meant that the demon's blind spot was the left leg.

It won't kill him, but if I slice his leg with the Sunshine Wisteria sword, he'll be immobile until he dissolves the poison in his system!

I whipped my sword around the demon's leg midair, and pulled with all my might. The leg was severed, and left melting patches of skin from the wisteria poison.

The other leg!

I did the same, and to his hands too. The fans he was carrying dropped to the ground, and Tanjiro seized the chance for a close-combat battle.

"0012 seconds!" I yelled out, counting down as Tanjiro quickly ran towards the demon. He was losing stamina; I could tell that his Total Concentration Breathing was faltering.

I removed my sword and pushed all my strength down to my feet, and launched myself in the air, having my haori act like a parachute. Tanjiro had tripped and was trying so desperately to get up.