𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ENTRY NUMBER THIRTY

Dear Diary,

My chest hurts, everything inside of me hurts.

I tried going to the Butterfly Estate, and was surprised to see that the Butterfly Quad was still there, along with Kanao. They tried to find out what was wrong, but they just couldn't. And neither could any of the herbalists in our town.

I think this is pneumonia. All the times I wore soaked shirts and letting them dry on my skin was surely paying back to me right now.

I probably don't have much time anymore.

Surprisingly, I don't feel scared. Instead, I feel happy if I die. That means that I'll finally be with Muichiro in the afterlife. And come hell or high water, I will be with him.

I love him so much that it hurts.

This wisteria ring has never left my finger, and I plan to keep it that way. It is a token from my first love, and I want to cherish it with all my heart.

I don't know if I'll be able to keep it in my next life, but I am hoping the gods will do something. This ring is mine and mine alone, and it holds the dear love me and Muichiro share.

I can't stop counting the days I have left. My family is always looking at me with sad glances, as if they knew I was deathly sick. It's a miracle that I can still write such long phrases, really.

The letters I wrote are still in my drawer, and I plan to leave them in my hands on my last day. That way, they'll be able to get them easily.

I visited Muichiro's grave earlier. But instead of the usual spider lily, I left him strand of wisteria. My mother said I might be cursed, but that was what I wanted to offer.

I wonder what I'll be in my next life?...

Signing out,
Kanata Mila