𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ENTRY NUMBER TWENTY-FIVE

Dear Diary,

So much has happened in the span of a few years. Never in my life did I think that it would be this interesting and sad at the same time.

It all started when a very close friend of mine died in the hands of a demon. Because of that unfortunate event, I met a wonderful lady that goes by the name of Mitsuri Kanroji. She was a Love Hashira, a high-ranked swordswoman in an organization that killed demons.

Then, I became her tsuguko. She was the loveliest teacher I could ever ask for, but there were times when training was harsh. Like the time when I had to exhibit sword movements in deep waters, and the time when I had to uproot a tree using only my hands.

But with all that, I became a strong girl, and a very talented one according to Mitsuri.

What followed suit was my encounter with the Mist Hashira, Tokitou Muichiro. He seemed like the cold and unresponsive type at first, but he quickly became my closest friend, even though I viewed him as something more than that.

I never told anyone this, but while he was sleeping, I never failed to give him at least one kiss on the forehead for easy dreams. He never complained, and I always tucked him in.

He was my first true love, and it's sort of sad that he's not here. He confessed to me before, and I was more than happy to be with him.

I never understood what we were, only that we were the type of friends that said 'I love you' with a whole different meaning. Mitsuri always said we were in love, and I think I realized it just now.

But he's gone from this world. He's happy in a peaceful and ecstatic world where he probably eats cinnamon rolls all the time. He doesn't have to worry about becoming stronger to defeat demons. And I'm happy for him, really, I am.

I'm turning fourteen tomorrow, and Muichiro would've been fifteen. He proposed to me a few hours before he lost his life, and now I've kept this ring as a significant reminder of how much I loved him.

I don't think I'll ever find love anymore.

At least, not here.

I know he's waiting for me. We made a bond, a promise, that we would always love each other. That we would tear through worlds just to be with each other.

I will honor it to the very end, and I know he will too.

But there is a memory stirring inside of me, a memory that will forever remain as a memory in my eyes.

The sight of us sitting underneath the clouds, letting the summer breeze whisper our loving words to our ears.

Signing out,
Kanata Mila