𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

( — THREE ; AMONG THE TSUGUKOS )

TRAINING, even on the weekends, has become a habit for me. I didn't have my uniform and katana yet, so I couldn't formally accept missions. Also, I named my crow Miki, courtesy to Mitsuri.

I heard my master squeal from the house and I knew that we had visitors. Her squeak sounded like a mouse's when she was excited to see the person, and a squirrel when she wasn't expecting the visitor. I gently placed my katana down, dusted my training yukata, and went inside.

A kakushi was sitting in the couch as Mitsuri was rambling about her infamous pancakes. I could see the kakushi squirming in her seat, and I bowed before them, flicking Mitsuri's forehead.

"Owwie! Mila-chan, that hurt!"

Even the kakushi seemed surprised, and I could tell why. I, who was a simple tsuguko, had the utter nerve to flick a Hashira's forehead. Not just any Hashira, but my master. Oh well. Mitsuri was nice anyway. She wouldn't mind.

"Good morning," I greeted the woman before sitting beside my master. "I assume that's my uniform?"

"Yes, and I saw your sword smith coming this way, Kanata-sama," the kakushi nodded, placing a medium-sized box on the coffee table. "Please try it on and see if it fits."

I took the box and went to my bedroom. I opened the cover and removed the fabric from its casing, before cursing so loud that Mitsuri squeaked out from the living room.

"H-Holy shit!"

° • ° • ° • °

"MILA-chan! You look so perfect! You look just like me!"

"Y-Yes, and that's a bad th-thing!"

I'd changed into the clothing and bounded downstairs. We were going to have a problem. I was totally ready to rat the kakushi out, but I knew Mitsuri wouldn't let me. Not when she fully convinced herself I looked good.