Brought back firewood

"Arthur I'm back!"I yelled as I walked towards our small camp. "And I brought firewood"I added. "Finally, took you long enough "Arthur said as he stood up from where he was sitting and walked towards me. "What took you so long"Arthur said ones he was standing right in front of me.

"Aw was someone worried about me"I said in a baby voice teasingly. "I was not worried more like scared of my well being if I didn't bring you back to the rest of the gang"Arthur said taking the firewood out of my hands. "You know you love me"I said giving his cheek a small pinch. "In weird way yes I do"Arthur said subconsciously. I then suddenly felt my heart skip a beat at those word and it felt like butterflies where in my stomach.

Arthur then quickly realized what he said and I he face go wide eyed. He quickly turned around with an awkward couch and walked towards the camp fire. "So uh what where you doing in the forest that took you so long"he said trying to change the subject.

"Oh hangin' out with this little guy"I said picking up the tiny nameless puppy. Arthur looked up from the campfire to look towards me. "Ah, you know Dutch ani't gonna let you take that boah home"Arthur said with a brow raised. "I-I know but look at him"I said hold up the dog for Arthur to see.

"He doesn't have a home and he doesn't have anyone to take care of him, he's only a pup"I said hugging the dog. "Can we keep him Arthur"I looked I said with a pout. Arthur chuckled then said "I don't know why your asking me when you should be asking Dutch but if it were my decision then I would have said yes".

"Well once we get back to camp I'm gonna try my damn best to convince him to keep this little guy"I said with a determined look in my eyes. "You'll convince Dutch don't worry"Arthur said. "Yeah you think,why's that?"I asked putting the dog down and walking over to Arthur to sit next to him.

"Because you won't stop until you get What'chu want you've always been like that...like I said before your a stubborn woman...but that can sometimes be a good thing"Arthur explained softly looking at the flames of the campfire. I chuckled then laid my head on the mans brawn shoulder.

"You know you can be pretty stubborn to you know"I said. "Oh trust me When I say this, I know"Arthur replied which caused me to giggle a little.

"Y/n"Arthur called out. I only hummed for him to continue. Arthur sighed before speaking. "What really happened on that boat in blackwater?"Arthur asked. I lifted my head from his shoulder to look at him in the eyes. "You really wanna know"I asked and Arthur nodded for an answer.

I sighed and stood up looking over the pond. "Dad killed a girl Arthur....and it wasn't even for a good reason I-it was just—pure cold blooded....no remorse either it was just....bang dead".All of the sudden I felt Arthur hug me from behind I blushed a little and continued. "I-it happened so fast to....that poor girl she was just there at the wrong time, And Micah pffft that man got on my nerves real quickly...but my father I-I....I saw something different in him he.....I don't know.....he seemed more like a greedy man only looking out for himself then the caring man I know".

"Well I'm sure Dutch has his reasons, I'm sure he was just stressed and didn't think"Arthur said. "Yeah sure"I said as I yawned and leaned into his back hug.

I turned around in Arthurs arms and Barried my face in his chest with a whine while warping my arms around his waist."You tired?"Arthur asked softly. I looked up at him , hummed and nodded my head yes for an answer. 
"Then go to sleep in the tent over there"he nodded towards the small camp.

"Noooooo But I don't wanna go to sleep"I replied with a whine. "But I thought you said you was tired"Arthur asked with a chuckle. "I aaaaammmm but I don't wanna go to sleep". "Well what do you wanna do y/n"Arthur asked trying to hold back a smile. "I wanna cuddle with you"I said with a pout.

"I-if I go cuddle with you, will you go to sleep"Arthur asked with a brow raised. "Yes" I said with a nod. Arthur looked at me for a moment then said "Fine".

(Time skip)

Arthur and I Where cuddling in the tent. I was almost half asleep and I saw a tiny dog walk in and lay on the Arthur's side.

"Y/n"Arthur called out. I closed my eyes and hummed for him to continue. "The dog is in the tent"he said. "I know I replied. "Do you want me to move him out or-"Arthur asked. "No Arthur he fine he can stay"I said with a giggle.

A long pause of comforting silence came before Arthur spoke again. "What are you gonna name him anyway". "I don't know"I said. "I'm gonna name him Arthur"I added with a smirk. "Don't name him that please cause then it's gonna get all confusing I Wouldn't know if your calling the dog or me"Arthur explained.

"I'm just messing with you Arthur"I said ruffling his hair. "I honestly don't know what I'm gonna call the little guy"I said while thinking. "Well we can think about a name tomorrow because I'm honestly so tired"Arthur said with a yawn.

"Yeah I'm tired to *yawn* goodnight Arthur"
"Goodnight y/n"