Midnight Escapades

Requested by : Nobody
_____________________________________________________________________________

Yahaba gaze shifted from the dark ceiling to the red, glowing numbers on his alarm clock. 

2:46 A.M 

Insomnia sucked, that he already knew. Though he wished that he had an insomniac friend to talk to late at night. Having someone to talk to always made him comfortable enough to get at least a few minutes of sleep. Though he didn't know anyone that fell under that category and that was the reason why he was stuck in bed blankly staring at the ceiling.

After a few more unbearable minutes of staring, Yahaba got out of bed and dragged himself to change his clothes and go outside for a bit.  He quietly snuck out of the house, relaxing when he found himself outside without getting caught. He knew exactly where he was going.

The freezing air hit his face, letting him adjust to the cold. The dark sky above the city made his heart swell, especially during winter, when it was cold out.

Most disliked the cold, but Yahaba found that it had a certain charm to it, especially late at night. The moon shun dimly, supported by the light of the uncountable number of stars. Oh, What he would give to see some fireworks right then.

He arrived at his destination before long as the leaves fallen due to the cold force of Autumn crunched under his foot.

The park, darkened by the night, lit dimly but the moon and stars, and chilled due to the cold wind, free of children and their parents, showed greenly rarely seen at that time of the year. His favorite place. He readjusted his scarf before moving closer to the green area shrouded in the darkness of night.

Upon moving closer, he saw a figure, which possibly saw him too. It looked too big to be that of a child but it was still shorter than him. The figure sat on the swing moving ever so little. It looked much more bundled up than him in all honesty.

Ignoring the figure he plopped himself down on the other swing. This was his usual routine and no mysterious figure was going to ruin it for him.

The shorter figure seemed to flinch away as Yahaba became his swing neighbor.

"......Yahaba?" A familiar, gruff voice spoke. For the first time that night, Yahaba paid attention to the figure's face.

The figure had short blonde hair with two black strips going around his head. The familiar face of Kyoutani Kentarou appeared in front of Yahaba's eyes.

That was it. His night was ruined and he was going home.
He got up to leave but a firm clasped his wrist.
" Wait "
Yahaba turned to the bumblebee blonde waiting for the reason he was stopped.

"........ don't leave, I'm bored.. let's talk a bit"
The darkness surrounding them made it hard to see what Kyoutani's expression looked like.

Yahaba thought of leaving but as if he had read his mind, Kyoutani tightened his grip on Yahaba's wrist.  Yahaba took a deep breath before settling down on the swing he had abandoned a few minutes prior.

The night was spent mostly in silence, they didn't speak much until some time later. It was then that Yahaba gave in and decided to talk to Kyoutani without getting into a fight.

The two got to know a lot about each other in that short time, Yahaba actually enjoyed talking to Kyoutani quite a bit.

Little did he know this would be the first of many early morning encounters.

~

"The fireworks should be starting soon" Kyoutani stated, turning to his fiancè.

Yahaba smiled at him, leaning his weight on the balcony railing to focus on the starry night sky in which there was supposed to be a fireworks show.
Their apartment was located right beside the Ooka river, its height gave them an amazing view of Yokohama and the river itself.

Only a few minutes were left till New Year's Eve. The cold wind moved around, and it wasn't a lot of fun to be in considering that they lived on the 8th floor.

"This reminds me of when you confessed" Yahaba spoke up, disrupting the comfortable silence. It was true that the night Kyoutani had confessed on was quite similar, in fact, it was in that very park back in Miyagi, on New year's Eve in their 3rd year, just before the fireworks show began.

In a few minutes now, the new year and their anniversary would begin.
Kyoutani silently nodded as he put his arm around the taller. It were these moments of silent affection that the two of them enjoyed.

Yahaba looked down at his wristwatch, stayed silent for a few seconds, and then began, "10....."

" 9 " Kyoutani joined in.

" 8 "

" 7 "

" 6 "

" 5 "

" 4 "

" 3 "

" 2 "

" 1, I love you" Kyoutani ended, wrapping himself around the taller and nuzzling him.

It was like this Every year, Both of them silently enjoyed each other, it had become a sort of tradition to cuddle while watching the fireworks while flew across the sky as if telling them they were nothing without each other.

"I love you too"
_____________________________________________________________________________

If this idea dump counts as a new year special then Happy New Year

(Be gone cursed 2020)