Milk chocolate

Requested by: DewCrafter
________________________________________________________________________________

Valentine's day was never special to Kentarou, so he had no idea when he began impatiently waiting for it every year. It may have been related to his husband making him chocolates after he got off work but nobody needed to know that.

Kentarou knew Shigeru would be at work by the time he got out of bed. Like he always did, he lazily rolled out of the warm sheets and made his way to the fridge. There was a bright yellow post-it note on the top freezer, which Kentarou knew Shigeru left if they were out of groceries.

He brushed the sleep out of his eyes to view the neat, cursive writing
"Milk, Cocoa, chocolate"

Kentarou decided he was gonna do it later. He opened the fridge and pulled out two eggs to make himself some breakfast.

Not too later an omelet was prepared before him. He quickly finished the food and headed out for the Sendai Frogs gymnasium (after changing into suitable clothes of course)

The walk was uneventful if you count out the fact that there was PDA, pink, and red everywhere, the three things he hated about the holiday. As soon as he entered, he was thankful that his team still had singles who refused to put up decorations, but it remained just as rowdy as it always proved itself to be. He was greeted by Koganegawa's excited chatter about his future activities with Goshiki for the day to Tsukkishima. He already knew Tsukkishima had plans of his own, he just didn't share.

The two quickly greeted him and let him into the conversation. Neither was surprised when he told them he wasn't doing anything for Valentine's. He and Yahaba had always preferred cuddling in comfortable silence over dates and outings.

Of course, he was still the most excited about the chocolates even though it most likely didn't show.

practice went on normally if you excluded the fact that at least one person would disrupt practice just to rant about how lonely he was. He and the other two blondes didn't relate, At least not anymore.

Just like that, the practice ended and he was on his way back home. He pulled out the bright little sticky note he had folded in his pant pocket, stopped by a grocery store, and by the time he had found all three items, he headed home, his eyes finally getting a rest from the bright pink and red decorations.

Shigeru wasn't home yet and the bumblebee blonde knew he wouldn't for the next hour, so he waited. He was sure his friends would say that he's definitely a dog with the way he waits for his husband to get home but they weren't here and he could do as he pleased.

Milk and chocolate went in the fridge and cocoa in the pantry. He pulled the molds Shigeru used when making chocolates out of the cupboard. He had different ones for each kind of baked goods, at first, Kentarou had trouble differentiating between them but eventually, he figured it out. The mold he picked out was for The petal-shaped ones. He wanted to try a shape he hadn't before so it was a quick decision for him.

He still had almost an hour left till the taller of the two got back home. He would have waited for his husband to get some rest before getting to baking but it always felt like Shigeru had ADHD when he didn't with all the running and exercise and bounciness he had in him. Not to mention 'rest' wasn't even a word in his mental dictionary, who knows where he gets all that energy from? The Shigeru in highschool did fine too when he slept 12 hours a week when everyone else on the volleyball team slept 80 hours a week at the minimum.

He just got on his phone because what else was he supposed to do when he was bored?

It wasn't long after that he heard an unnecessarily loud voice announce "The greatest wizard of all time has returned!!" From the front door. Yep, #1 dork, Shigeru Kyoutani. "Welcome home Voldemort" the shorter husband replied jokingly.

Kentarou then padded over to the kitchen where the ash Brown stood scanning the contents spread out over the counter. Shigeru turned to him "Are we still gonna watch shitty rom-coms?" He queried. "Duh," Kentarou replied.

"Good" Shigeru replied, picking up the earphones he always kept with him.
Now, Kentarou didn't know Jackshit about baking, but he loved eating baked stuff so he would watch like he always did, trying to figure out why Shigeru's chocolates didn't burn even when they both made them the same way.

The stove was turned on and chocolate was thrown in the pan along with cocoa and other ingredients. Immediately, Kentarou knew that it was going to be Milk chocolate.

The batter than was poured into the pans and set in the freezer, there was quite a lot of molds used but the petal molds were tiny like the real size of rose petals. Shigeru then pulled off his earphones, chipper as ever.

Kentarou was then rushed to their room where nobody had even bothered with the messy bedsheet and blankets. Shigeru didn't seem the part but he was quite salty and had a habit of insulting and making fun of things he found stupid. There were quite a few things he found stupid because hello? Dean's list every year in College and Top 5 in the entire school in high school. Kentarou concluded that his husband was this way because of all the time he spent with Oikawa.

They spent the next few hours doing what they did every year, watching shitty rom-coms and laughing at Shigeru's mean yet clever remarks. Eventually, the taller paused the movie they were watched and walked out of the room. 

Kentarou obviously followed but slowly. By the time he got into the kitchen, Shigeru already had them out of the fridge and was doing something out of his vision. He approached him to realize that his husband was sticking the petals together using whipped cream forming a rose shape.

"You didn't need to do that" Kentarou remarked. "But I wanted to, so I did" The taller replied as he wiped the cream stuck on his palm on his husband's cheek. "Besides, It's been a while since we've done anything but watch movies and eat chocolate" Shigeru added. 

"what do you want to do then?" Kyoutani replied, tossing a  chocolate rose into his mouth. He got bonked on the head for taking it before Shigeru was finished with it but the way it melt in his mouth made up for it. "I don't really know"  Shigeru sighed.

"I think Iwaizumi said he and Oikawa always go to a sort of carnival on valentine's," Kyoutani remarked. "There's a carnival?" Yahaba asked. "It should still be open" Kyoutani stated.

Both of them looked at each other for a bit. They knew each other so well they didn't even need to speak.

"An hour or so later"

"alright" Yahaba replied, this time tossing chocolate into his own mouth

____________________________________________________________________________

This is pretty shitty but at least I managed to stop myself from turning this into angst.