Demons are the enemy [pt 2]

Sorry for the lack of updates but my inspiration has really been drowning in quicksand lately and I keep losing motivation as soon as I start writing something. I wasn't gonna post this either rn but I feel like I owe this one ans I feel guilty.
______________________________________________________________________________

"Stop that."

The taller bat his eyelashes all innocent-like in response "Stop what?"

"You know damn well what you're doing; Stop smacking my damn face with your wings" Kyoutani growled

"It's not my fault Kyouken! They're too big!"

"Too big my ass just yesterday they were missing entirely"

"Mean Kyouken Mean!"

"Would you just act your age?"

"Motherfucker."

"......forget I said anything and just get back in the main topic"

"What were we talking about again?"

Kyoutani sighed as he massaged his forehead with his thumb and index. "You told me you used to be human and now you're a demon; how the fuck is that possible?"

Yahaba hit his open palm with the clenched fist of his other hand as if saying 'oh yeah that' 

The demon shrugged "Messed with magic I didn't understand and well, here I am". He paired his vague explanation with a boyish smile, only one side of his lip turning up; the kind that made the other think 'stop being gay for your friend dammit!'

"What kind of magic?" Kyoutani further interrogated

"Beats me, My half-brother just handed it over to me and I thought it would be a good idea to try to use it immediately without knowing what it was. Pretty stupid now that I think back on it" Yahaba answered.

"What your half brother's name?

"Would you stop interrogating me!?" The albino snapped. Kyoutani knew he hit a nerve.

"Can't. Part of the job. We'll do whatever you want for the next hour as long as you answer my questions" Kyoutani replied

"Are you even my friend or is it just for the job too?!" Yahaba accused

Kyoutani never understood the demon's completely random mood swings and thoughts; though he knew what to say to keep the other in check; He'd been working on Yahaba for almost a month now.

"I am but I need this job to keep meeting you so will you answer the questions or no?"

Yahaba looked displeased and even a bit angry. His next words were mumbled under his breath.

"What?"

"I said his name's Tooru Oikawa" Yahaba repeated

"Is he alive?"

"If I knew I wouldn't have wiped out an entire country off the map. That's sarcasm by the way"

"I can try to look for him" Kyoutani suggested

"You can!?"

"Yep"

"Why didn't you say so sooner!?" Yahaba beamed

Kyoutani sighed. He obviously didn't even know Yahaba had a half-brother till now, Much less know where he was.

"Well, can you tell me more about him?"

And this time Yahaba was happy to oblige "Brown hair, Brown eyes, pretty face, tall; Last time I saw him we were both in Hiroshima."

"Is he nice?"

"He's so cool I wish I could be like him!!"

"Ok, I don't have anything more to ask you so; Whaddaya wanna do?"

"Let's have a draw-off!"

"You know I can't draw"

"Well; then what else?"

"I can show you some anime"

"The dokimon thing?"

"That's so old what world are you living in??"

"A cell."

"........... I was joking"

~

"Done with your shift?" Iwaizumi asked as Kyoutani walked into the small office.
"Iwaizumi, do you know anything about a guy named 'Tooru Oikawa?" Kyoutani
Questioned.

Iwaizumi, who was going through paperwork, came to a sudden halt.
"Why do you want to know about him?" Iwaizumi asked eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Related to Yahaba apparently. Wants me to find him"

Iwaizumi let his pen rest on the table beside a stack of A4 pages. "I'll tell you but don't tell Kindaichi, Kunimi and Watari understood?"

Kyoutani nodded as he settled down on a chair opposite his senior.

"Oikawa is-"

~

Kyoutani was stiff in his walking posture. He was sure his co-workers could tell he was troubled but who wouldn't be?

A key holder still exists. They were supposed to have been killed when the gate between the under and overworld was closed again; but one still exists.
There could be hundreds more for all they knew. Did Yahaba know this or was he blissfully ignorant?

'He's so cool I wish I could be like him!!'

If Yahaba and Oikawa were related; there was a possibility Yahaba was connected to the gate. But he was a demon. But he used to be human too.

Was Oikawa a friend or foe?
The underworld gate could open any minute and it could be war all over again like three generations ago. Even thinking of the destruction and curse in Hiroshima still gave him goosebumps. He'd much rather not have a war humanity ended in a draw even with the power of runaway demons by their side again.

Was Yahaba even to be trusted? He seemed trustworthy though. A little dense and childish but seemingly trustworthy.

This was troubling. He shoved his hand into his coat pocket and heard something crinkle. He pulled out a piece of paper.
The writing on it stated

"Bring me chocolate cake tomorrow"

With a hand-drawn peace sign at the end. Yahaba was good at drawing hands; Kyoutani may or may not have been jealous about that.

Well; Atleast Yahaba gets his mind off real life.
_______________________________________________________________________________