I'll be better

Requested by: YourBoiAkito's heart crying for Kyouhaba hurt/comfort at midnight
________________________________________________________________________________

Slowly, the room-or rather Kyoutani's scrawling expression appeared in front of Yahaba's eyes as the blanket of his eyelids finally lifted. Yahaba blinked twice before sitting up from his resting position on the floor.

He had been lying on the gym floor for who knows how long, considering the look of relief on his team's faces. All but one looked relieved, Kyoutani. He had only just woken up and his heart had already been shattered into a million pieces.

Kyoutani helped him up as Kindaichi, Watari and a worried first-year explained what had happened. Kyoutani stayed quiet. Yahaba had apparently collapsed in the middle of practice and the entire team stopped what they were doing to race to their captain's side. Yahaba told them he had trouble sleeping the previous night and that it was nothing to worry about. A lie.

Yahaba should have felt happy knowing how much they cared, but he couldn't.
He knew everyone knew. It was late so most of the team took off as soon as their captain has woken up. Yahaba had to stay till everyone left to lock up, and like always, Kyoutani stayed behind to walk home with his boyfriend.

As soon as the last member had left, Yahaba felt a strong grip on his arm, dragging him towards the locker room.

His back hit a locker as Kyoutani's arms caged him to his place. "What's up with you?" He grunted. Yahaba shifted his gaze towards the floor "Nothing; I'm fine".
"Don't give me the 'I'm fine' crap and tell me what's up with you. I want the truth"

Silence

"Look me in the eyes"
The taller's eyes flicked up to meet Kyoutani's.
"Is this about the 'not as good as Oikawa' shit again?"

Silence

"How many fucking times have we went over this" Kyoutani huffed, letting his eyes take in the sight of the hideous dark bangs under Yahaba's darkened chocolate-brown eyes, his usually well-kept shaggy hair in disarray. He was a wreck and he looked the part too. He pulled himself away from the taller.

"Why do you care?" came a mutter from the older of the two. Kyoutani felt his eye twitch. "Why wouldn't I?"
"Well, First of all, you don't care, Second, You don't love me"
Kyoutani gaped at the older, how could he even come to that conclusion?

"It's been months since we started dating and not once Have you called me by my name! I'm pretty sure you don't even know what it is! All I get are insults and profanities!" Yahaba yelled, hiding the tears very obviously gathering in his tired eyes. "Not only that but nobody believes I can go it! Even I can't see myself taking the team to nationals! Oikawa shouldn't have picked me! I can't do it! It's too much for me to handle! I'll never be good enough!"

"Dum- Shigeru, I love you, a lot, but the things I hate about you are how much you trust people you know only want to lower your self-esteem, and how you act like you're fucking perfect when you're not. Nobody is perfect so just cry already Dammit!" Kyoutani scolded

There was a collective intake of breath before Yahaba's head dropped down onto his boyfriend's shoulder.
"I'm sorry" Kyoutani sighed "I didn't think I was hurting you. I'll be better, I swear"

Kyoutani got no response but heard a barely noticeable sniffle. He wrapped his hands around Yahaba's waist " So is there something else bothering you?"

"No; just stay like this for a little while"
"That wasn't so hard, see princess?"
A light punch landed on Kyoutani's chest "I told you not to call me that"
"Would you prefer dumbass then?" The shorter teased
The punch was harder this time
"Alright alight sorry, onto the next question I want to ask, how much did you sleep yesterday"
Yahaba went stiff. He spoke again after a short pause "..........7 hours?"
"Don't lie" Kyoutani grunted as he pinched Yahaba's cheek "hand it over, I'm sleeping over at your place today"

Hesitantly, Yahaba handed over his phone as he slumped off Kyoutani. " Now get changed and wash your face princess, It's night already" Kyoutani cooed

Yahaba pouted but went to the bathroom anyway.
________________________________________________________________________________

How was the shit I pulled out of my depressed ass at 1 am?

Anyway, thanks for sticking with this series of one shots till now

Yeah just ignore me being lazy thankyou