𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭

Pairing: Tubbo + Reader
Warnings: None
Pronouns: They/them

----------

(Y/n) swiftly rapped their knuckles against their best friend's door, eagerly bouncing on the tips of their toes for him to open up. They were more than excited for him to swing open the door because of what they had prepared for him. In their arms was a box that they was just able to carry with two hands. It was wrapped in a dull-yellow wrapping paper with little cartoon bees strewn across it. A smile was stretched kindly across their cheeks and their eyes glimmered with delight as the locks on the door began to turn and they saw the handle being pushed down.

Slowly, but surely, the front door began to creep open. On the other side of the wall stood their best friend, Tubbo, who seemed a little skeptical at their appearance. He did the little action where you open the door really slightly to poke your head out of the little gap to see who was stood outside before opening it completely upon realising who it is.

"Tubbo!" They beamed brightly as they locked eyes with their best friend. "Happy birthday!"

"Eh... Thank you, (Y/n)." His cheeks flushed a bright pink colour as he rubbed one of his eyes. He had been exposed to the bright daylight that he wasn't prepared to come into contact with this early into the morning.

"You're welcome!" They hummed, a huge smile being worn on their face.

"I didn't expect to see you here," Tubbo said admittedly as he fiddled with the sleeves of his comfy sweater as well as drag his foot across the carpeted ground.

"Why not? It's your birthday!" They exclaimed in a chirpy tone.

"W-Well, I mean at this time. (Y/n), it's seven am." He muttered quietly, looking up at the clock that hung upon his wall, which, as he had stated, said that it was seven am. He squinted up at the time before darting his gaze back at (Y/n).

"Time, my dear friend, is a social construct." They clarified, clearing their throat. "You know, Prince Albert once said 'time is irrelevant'." They nodded, fluttering their eyes as if they had told him a vital piece of information that he would certainly need in the future.

"N..No..." Tubbo shook his head slightly. "I'm pretty sure it was Albert Einstein, and the actual quote was 'time is relative'."

"Pssht." (Y/n) scoffed briefly, shrugging it off. "How would I know? I'm not a rocket scientist."

"Albert Einstein was a theoretical physicist."

"You're twisting my words, Tubbo!" They stomped their foot, trying to hold back a grin.

"Yeah, because they're wrong!" He chuckled out, feeling proud that he was able to disprove their words so quickly.

"See, I came all the way here at seven in the morning just to wish you a happy birthday-" (Y/n) exclaimed, but they were swiftly cut off by their friend's quick reaction.

"(Y/n), you live down the block from here and you made the decision to get up at the crack of dawn to say happy birthday." He laughed lightly.

"Gee, Tubbo, it's seven am. It's not the crack of dawn." They rolled their eyes through a smile, catching a glance from him through their peripheral vision.

"Okay, you're doing this on purpose now." Tubbo snorted.

"Yeah... Yeah, I am." They admitted, fluttering their eyelashes. "It's because I'm funny."

"Don't flatter yourself." He snickered, leaning against the frame of his front door as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants. "I'm so much funnier than you."

"Yeah, I think not." (Y/n) chortled. "Invite me on your stream and your fans will instantly love me more than you."

"Nobody could love you more than I do." He joked.

"No, I mean-" They sighed heavily. "I meant your fans would love me more than they love you."

"I know what you meant." He beamed with a prideful smile. "It's not nice trying to get someone else worked up when you know what they're trying to say, hm?" He said with a smirk.

"Oh, you're an idiot." They rolled their eyes, wishing to ignore and forget that last comment. "Here." They said, handing over the wrapped box that had been tucked tightly in their palms. "I almost didn't get it because the bus to town was late and the store I went to almost sold out."

"Luckily you got it in the end." He joked, taking the gift.

"Yeah. I had to slide-tackle a mother for that." They nodded leisurely.

"What?" Tubbo head immediately darted up.

"No, I'm kidding." They reminded him through a smirk. "I just simply reminded them that I was friends with GeorgeNotFound." (Y/n) hummed.

"Right." Tubbo snickered. "Is that what you really did?"

"Oh, you know me so well." They batted their eyelashes theatrically. "No, I just saw it and took it." They shrugged with a pleasant smile.

"Clearly you put a lot of thought into it then." He laughed.

"It just reminded me of you." They smirked.

"I really like the wrapping paper." His eyes glossed over the cartoony drawings that were strewn across the birthday gift.

"Thanks, I got it from Poundland."

"It's got bees on them!-" He chirped excitedly, his happiness bubbling inside him. Although, the moment was swiftly put to rest as (Y/n) interrupted him, eager to see his reaction for when he opened the gift.

"Stop stalling, open it!" They cheered excitedly, still bouncing on their toes as they nagged him to tear open the box.

"Okay, okay..." he nodded his head and began to tip his head down to inspect the box. He laid his thumb and index finger against the end of the colourful paper and lifted up the flap of the wrap before tearing it down the middle to reveal a cardboard box. The yellow card teared down in a completely neat and straight line.

Tubbo took the wrapping paper and crumpled it up into a little ball, which (Y/n) took from him so he didn't have to hold it while he fiddled with the flaps of the box. They held the wrapping bundle close to them as they eagerly examined Tubbo's face to catch his immediate reaction.

He lifted up the box flap and a look of surprise wore across his face, followed by an embarrassed smile. His view was rested on the contents of the box, he felt like he should have expected this.

"I hate you." His eyes twinkled and his lips were curved up to hide his laughter.

"Come on, Tubbo, what is it?" They teased him, standing on their tiptoes to look over the lid of the box.

"It's..." He began, taking the item from the box and lifting it up for (Y/n) to gaze over. "A yellow dress with bees over it." He broke down into a fit of giggles, along with (Y/n). One hand was being used to hold the box in place while the other was putting the dress on display.

The article of clothing was a remodel of the strawberry dress, though it's fabric was covered with a yellow colour and, instead of strawberries, there were bees.

"I should've guessed... You know, from the wrapping paper." He smiled, gesturing over to the wrinkled paper.

"You should've guessed from me." They laughed back.

"What even made you think of this?" He cackled, lowering his hand to place it back into the box to continue looking at it.

"Other than the bees?" They arched a brow. "Well, you said on stream once that you wanted the strawberry dress. It doesn't have strawberries on, but I'm hoping you'll like it."

"I love it!" He chirped. "I'll wear on stream tonight."