𝐏𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

Pairing: Ranboo + Reader
Warnings: None
Pronouns: They/them

----------

Ranboo eagerly followed Tubbo around Manburg, trailing slowly behind him as he made his way up the docks that all the flags and lanterns hung from. The ships that carried people to their country sailed closer towards them, which only added to the very public atmosphere.

The towns and paths buzzed with the life of it's citizens. It probably would have been difficult to navigate the area clearly as a person who was as short as Tubbo, but for a hybrid-enderman like Ranboo, he easily moved through the other townspeople.

"And this is sort of like the Capital of L'Manburg!" Tubbo ran up the short steps of the docks to lead him down the paths that held ribbons and festival lights. It was obviously the most decorated and colourful place of the land, which is why it was no wonder that it had the biggest population.

"It looks really cool..!" Ranboo gasped, smiling at all of the monuments that the country held and admiring all of the lanterns that were strung to fences for the night so that they wouldn't be lit and float away.

"You'll find a lot of things here," Tubbo insisted, pulling Ranboo by his sleeve through the crowd of people that were strolling down the pathways. "Like bakeries, stores..." He started listing off as Ranboo looked over his shoulder at the things around him.

"...Wanted posters." He commented on one of the old parchment sheets that they passed by.

"Huh?" Tubbo stopped to glance over to what he was looking at and laid his eyes over a Wanted poster of the famous anarchist: Technoblade. The poster was yellow and almost scrunched up, as if it had been repeatedly taken off the post and pinned back on from people ripping it off to look at it. You can't blame them for wanting a closer look, the bounty on him was really high.

It was also possible that they had just been taken down by allies of Techno who didn't like the fact that they were making him out to be the villain. But, in L'manburg, he was. And every time the posters were taken down, new ones were just put up in its place.

"Yeah..." he winced. "We ignore those. Nobody's ever going to be able to catch him, anyway." He shrugged off before continuing with the tour.

"Is he really that difficult to just track down and bring back with no problems?" Ranboo furrowed his eyebrows, scratching the back of his glove to press his nails down into his skin.

"Yeah. The Blade doesn't travel with anybody and is always careful of who he surrounds himself with." Tubbo began slowly. "Most people are already too scared to even attempt to look for him and the small percentage that do never make it back to L'Manburg in one piece."

"Really?" He looked back in disbelief, a little unsettled. "Are you exaggerating?"

"Nope." He popped the p at the end of his word. "Nobody has ever even come close to capturing him."

"Nobody in the world..?"

"Well-" he thought back quickly. "There is this one man. He doesn't live in Manburg, he lives really far away. His name is Philza. But I doubt he'd ever want to hunt Technoblade down for a bounty though, he is his son after all."

"Well then that's understandable." Ranboo shrugged. "Who would ever want to hurt their son?"

"Yeah, you'd have to be some grade-a arsehole to do that." Tubbo murmured as his eyes darkened a bit, clearly remembering a memory that he wasn't very fond of.

The tour continued for about another hour, they just circled around the docks, often stopping to get snacks as the evening drew closer and the paths got a little more crowded than it was in the afternoon. When the sun began to set and the light in the sky shifted to a scarlet shade, lanterns began to light up and the lights and torches that strung around the lamp posts stared to flicker on to emit a warm luminescent to compliment the warmth on the L'manburg docks.

"Woah, it really is crowded here." Ranboo huffed, glancing over his shoulder to stare at everybody that swarmed over the wooden planks.

"I know why." Tubbo said simply.

"Why?" Ranboo snapped his view over to Tubbo and watched as he jumped off of the barrel he was sitting on and began to make his way through the crowd of people.

"Follow me." Tubbo uttered shortly.

He waved through the crowd of people that were all pushing and nudging past everybody. The chaos in the swarm of people surrounding them continued until Tubbo led the pair of them to a podium, where a loud speech was heard to be voiced to them in a powerful manner.

"...We hold these truths to be self evident that all men and women are created equal..!" A booming voice was heard through a microphone. Ranboo stuck his head up over the crowd to look over at a podium to see a singular person stood there, holding onto a microphone and directing their words over to a group of people.

"That everybody is created equal!" They completed their sentence. "To hold humans to a higher standard, to fix the imbalance of the world!"

In less that a minute of gazing at this mystery person that he was barely able to get a closer glance of, he turned to a Tubbo for information. Tubbo's eyes were fixated on the person stood upon the podium, seemingly preaching something to the swarm of people stood among them.

"Who's that?" He asked, gesturing over to the stage to the person giving their speech to the people.

"Who, them?" Tubbo asked. Ranboo nodded quickly when he saw that Tubbo was pointing at the microphone.

"Yes, them." He muttered.

"Oh..." he leaned up to take a closer look. "That's (Y/n). They're kind of like an infamous protestor here in L'manburg."

"They are?" He looked a little confused, especially when he said infamous. Mainly because people seemed to be crowding them like they were a celebrity. If they had so much support from the people, then how could they have been known for something bad?

"Yeah. They're known all around the country for making these speeches that completely contradict President Schlatt's beliefs." He tensed his shoulders. "One example being gender equality. You've heard women being taxed more here, right?"

"I have."

"Well, it looks like (Y/n)'s making a stand about that today." He chuckled light and focussed on (Y/n)'s voice to hear what she was announcing to the people.

"...We will not stand with a Nation that knows not of equality and I will not fall for a leader who believes in specific rules between who we are..!" Was another one of the lines that was heard.

"Schlatt has tried to remove them before, but he couldn't revoke their citizenship and he couldn't jail them because what they're doing abided by all the laws he had put in place." Tubbo murmured. "And the thing with (Y/n), is that you either love or hate them. Most of the country stand with them and their beliefs and the other half side with Schlatt and campaign to take them down."

Ranboo was still fixated on (Y/n). Their expressions and way of speaking was so thought-provoking that he had completely ignored the fact that he was getting elbowed in the crowd.

Tubbo felt the silence grow between them and looked up at Ranboo before glancing over at the podium once more.

"What about you, Ranboo? Any formed opinions yet?"

"They seem like a good person." He nodded. "I don't understand why Schlatt would've ever wanted to get rid of them."

"I also wonder that." He hummed. "But Schlatt isn't in control anymore."

"That's you, right?" Ranboo smiled with a chirpy expression.

"Yep!" He beamed. "Now I decide if they stay or not. And, I quiet like what they're preaching. So, if Schlatt's still out there somewhere, then he can listen to this."