𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 (𝟕)

Pairings: Not Applicable
Warnings: None
Pronouns: They/Them

——————————

Wilbur and Eret had been eliminated from the round with the same heavy goodbye as the people that left before them. They each waved their final hand before they were both kicked from the call by Austin, leaving (Y/n) with the two remaining contestants, Technoblade and Nihachu.

It had later been revealed after the two of them left that they had both picked love, which (Y/n) had to carry through to the final round as they were made to face the two people they had to choose between.

First there was Nihachu.

(Y/n) had to sit in the call facing Niki while Technoblade was deafened and muted so he couldn't listen in on their conversation or interrupt it in any way. His face cam was left on as he lightly spun around in his chair while Niki cleared her throat to begin talking.

The timer was visible in the top corner of the screen, two minutes was on the clock. Nihachu had to explain to (Y/n) why they should pick her instead of Technoblade for this. It was nerve-racking, for sure, but she'd get through this.

"So, (Y/n)..." Nihachu exhaled deeply, looking up to flash (Y/n) a sweet smile as she began to let her words out. "It all comes down to this, huh?" She chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, i guess so." They answered quickly through their nervous laughter.

"You know, you and me have a little bit of history together, right? We've known each other for quite a while, but we haven't really gotten to know each other that much." Nihachu began slowly.

"Right..."

"And, you know," she began tugging at the sleeves of her sweater, nervously stumbling on her own words. "While the two of us may not be as close as say, you and Wilbur, this could always lead to bigger things... For the two of us."

(Y/n)'s lips gently curved into a small smile, their cheeks beginning to glow a soft pink colour to respond. "I guess it could..."

"What I'm trying to say, (Y/n), is that the future is a blank page for us. There are tonnes of possibilities for the two of us that we could easily fulfil together. And I'm sure that we could have millions of great adventures together. Us two."

"That actually sounds..." (Y/n) paused for a few seconds to think about the opportunity that Nihachu had put forward. They rested their posture slightly and their lips fell down into a wondrous smile as the idea began to glow a little bit brighter. "...Amazing." They finally exclaimed. "That sounds brilliant..." They sighed happily to themself.

"And I know there must be a few reasons you chose to keep me in, right?" She asked curiously. "Or was it just the fact that you didn't want certain people in the running?"

"No, no, there were reasons." They claimed sweetly. "Niki, you are just... The kindest soul I have ever met in my entire life. And, of course, there were answers that the others had previously responded with that got them kicked out of the running, but you were able to keep yourself in the competition."

"(Y/n), let me tell you... I've sat through a bunch of other Love or Hosts, but I have to admit - And trust me, this isn't just me trying to butter you up or anything," she added swiftly after that line. "But you did stand out to me."

"I did?"

"You did... It was just your take on the world and other people. And I know, I could just be saying that, but honestly. From the bottom of my heart, I mean it. I would never lie to you, (Y/n)." Nihachu said sternly. "Obviously, I wouldn't lie in general. But you, especially not."