𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐲𝐞

Pairings: DreamXD x Reader
Warnings: Blood, death, violence, obsession, stalking
Pronouns: They/them

——————————

As (Y/n) cast their eyes upon the horrifying view that they were forced to witness, they felt their heart sink almost completely. The scene of the moment felt scarring to the point where (Y/n) felt like they were losing their voice was they watched their childhood best friend get beat to death by the hands of a God. The God that was obsessed with them.

DreamXD, an almighty, fell victim at the hands of a mortal. Though, it wasn't the kind where (Y/n) felt any more powerful than they actually were. In fact, (Y/n) felt a lot weaker than they had before. Because this immortal being was in love with a fearful stranger. And as big as it's love for them may be, it was unrequited. For more reasons than one.

For starters, (Y/n) had been hopelessly in love with their best friend, Dream, for more years than (Y/n) could even remember. There wasn't a time in their life where they didn't believe that he would be the perfect one for them. Secondly, (Y/n) felt weakened by them. DreamXD was dominant, the kind of being that doesn't like to be told no. It didn't take any negative excuse for an answer and they always got what they wanted in the end. Often by means of force. Which (Y/n) wasn't particularly a fan of. In fact, it just scared them.

There were many people of whom (Y/n) had been courted by. And in reviewing the list of names that DreamXD had gathered of all of the people who had spoken a word of some sort of love for them, they decided to go out of it's way to deal with the problems itself. Solving the issues of it's jealousy for these people. And after two piles of tumbled bodies, there was only one person to take care of.

"...Please..." Dream sputtered out, squinting his eyes.

DreamXD was lifted above the ground slightly, it's arms crossed over its chest as they watched Dream suffering with a short grin. A white, bony hand that it had conjured into existence was wrapped firmly around Dream's neck, lifting his feet a couple of inches away from the floor. He scrambled in a sorry attempt to set himself free, his hands trying to fight the larger hand that had no intention of moving.

"...I didn't do anything wrong..!" Dream's voice was incredibly strained and barely escaped his lips as he felt his head going colder with the seconds that drew past.

"Please, let him go!" (Y/n) screamed, tears streaming from their face. (Y/n) was being held back by another bit of magic that XD had created. Little black and green vines roped around (Y/n)'s body, holding them in place in order to stop them from attempting to save their best friend from the predicament that he was in. "Please, no, he's an innocent man!"

DreamXD slowly turned it's head towards (Y/n), the smile fading from their face to show them a deadpan stare through the jagged hole in their mask. It's eyes showed a luminescent neon green colour, much brighter than Dream's. Almost as if they were glowing behind the darkness of the mask that had shielded most of it's face.

And without even taking one last final glance at Dream, XD's eye piercing onto (Y/n) for the final duration of the scene, the hand that had trapped Dream's neck gripped even tighter, crunching the bones underneath his skin. His flesh tore at the grasp as blood began leaking from the gaps of the scars and mouth. With a feeling of satisfaction, eyes still on (Y/n), XD released their hold of Dream and let his body drop to the ground. A loud thud taking over the silence as the moment just washed over (Y/n).

For the first time after DreamXD and (Y/n) had caught eyes, it looked back at the lifeless body that was sprawled our beneath its feet. A dark river of blood had began to form beneath his body, his skin growing paler the longer he was left there.