𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

Pairings: Sapnap x Reader
Warnings: Yelling
Pronouns: They/them

----------

(Y/n) had their hands gripped against the steering wheel of the car. They felt the catch in their throat build up as they laid their glassy eyes onto the road in front of them. Their vision felt so blurry as the tears just drowned their eyes and caused them to go red and puffy. The rain that spread across the land was laid thickly on the street and made it difficult to see through the fog and the harsh weather that took (Y/n) on. The raindrops poured heavily down onto the windows of their vehicle and it was dropping down quicker than (Y/n) could wipe it off, and it got to the point where the drops had become so clouded that it was next to impossible to see further than just a few feet.

They had run away from Sapnap's apartment. For the longest time, they were able to live together with nary an argument. But lately, everything just started turning to shit and they didn't even really understand how. They had more fights and more aggressive each time that one day, (Y/n) just couldn't take him yelling at them anymore. It broke their heart to do this, but they were equally as mad. They wanted to stay, they really did, but their negative emotions heavily outweighed their positive ones and they felt like they couldn't stand one more second in the same room as him or else they would just break down in front of him like they were now.

They weren't even sure how it really happened. They think it started with them talking about George and Dream to Sapnap and how (Y/n) hung out with them a lot. They guessed that Sapnap just really got bothered by how close they seemed to be getting and kind of took it out on (Y/n), even though it wasn't really their fault. In fact, a lot of Sapnap's pent-up anger was starting to be taken out on them, which is something that they had seemed to notice a lot more as the days drew by.

They should be the victim, right? Well, maybe so if they hadn't brought up his line of ex-girlfriends and past flings. Yeah, it was bad. But he started it! And it turned into a huge argument about all the people that they had been with before and it just got worse the longer that they argued. They both ran their mouth and began yelling things that they obviously didn't mean. If they were any less upset than they already were, then they'd apologise right there on the spot, but they were both so caught up in the heat of the moment where they felt like they couldn't take back the things that they had said and just decided to add more fuel to the fire by talking.

(Y/n)'s heart ached at the thought of leaving him because they knew that it was also partially their fault. The blame didn't rest on one person, they both sort of fed the fire and it ended up like this. They left the apartment a few hours ago and he didn't stop them, understanding that it might've been best to spend some time apart from each other.

(Y/n) took their car and began driving. They did make one stop and stayed with their friend for a while and talked about the argument that they had just had with their boyfriend. Of course, their friend had obviously taken their side, although it the fault was definitely shared. They spent a while at their place but soon they had to leave and, once again, they were out on their own. What did they do once their friend had left? They drove. They took the empty road and continued driving, only stopping for gas. This was the path they were choosing to take and it involved them running away from their problems.

The tears in their eyes made it even more difficult to see where they were going, but they were doing just fine on their own. They thought.

They were mad, they had to remember that. The only reason they ever left in the first place was because they were angry at Sapnap and didn't want to run back to him. They were the person that ran away, weren't they? And they thought that it was the right decision. It was the right decision... Oh, it pained them to say that they were beginning to regret that decision.