~𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞~

Start from the beginning

"I thought you said they hated you?"

"tHey Do. esPeCIAlLy scI. BUT i WaNT tO aT LEast InVItE TheM AnYwaY, i imAGiNe IT'D crush (Y/n) If theY coUldn'T be There tO witnESS Her GEttING MArRiEd."

"If that's what you want, I'll be sure to send them an invitation when the time comes."

"greAT. thaT's sCI, MuFFeT... HECK, iNVITE THe liTtLe BlUe One, too. They SeeMED ClOsE."

Nightmare wrote their names onto the pages, the sound of the pen's tip rustling against the paper filling the moment of silence.

She would like that, wouldn't she? Error's head dropped, a train of thought taking off into the open air.

(Y/N) had told him all about her relationship with Sci the first day they met. About how he had taken on the role of her father, named her, and raised her with help from the staff of the castle. Over the years, many who had worked under her parents retired, overwhelmed with the grief brought about by the king and queen's deaths.

Muffet, who had been working as the head chef, gladly took on the role as the mother figure in her life, even assuming the roles of those who had left over the years. She was a wonderful caretaker, feeding her, tucking her into bed, and dressing her before she knew how to do so herself.

As wonderful as she was, the influence she had in her life was minimal compared to Sci's. Even as he worked himself to death as the fill-in monarch until she was of age, he never left her side. He was her teacher, showing her how to read, write, and do basic math. He taught her about the world and the science behind it all, and he taught her all she needed to know about ruling a kingdom.

Beyond that, he was the one to keep her company. Reading to her, letting her dress him up in feather boas and plastic high heels. He would drink the tea she pretended to brew, sipping at the air as he drank from her porcelain teacups.

Sci would put on an outlandish accent, over-exaggeratingly crossing his legs.

"Absolutely delicious, my dear! Though, it could use a bit more milk."

The young princess would collapse to the floor, and she would laugh and laugh...

A faint smile found itself on Error's face as he painted the scene for himself in his mind.

The hardwood floor beneath him shook and rumbled, cracking as it revealed the soil beneath. Sprouts of green and yellow erupted from the dirt, growing up into tall plants before Error could process what was happening. The ceiling opened up, the dark walls of the meeting room lined with paintings encased in ancient gold toppled to the ground.

Magically, the long wooden table he and his advisor had been sitting at for what felt like hours shrunk, curling its ends around into a circle. The wood from the table snapped into pieces, presenting its polished, white, marble skeleton.

Grey clouds of rain and lightning melted away. The sun peeked out from behind them, yawning as it awoke from its slumber. Its warmth reached out toward him, delicately cupping its hand on his coal-toned cheekbone.

Error breathed in the spring air, unalarmed. Flowers with silk petals of every color bloomed from the greenery, bidding him a good morning as they came to life.

A soft breeze travelled through the air, taking the leaves of the great weeping willow tree to his right with it. One wall had remained, turning to cobblestone. The paintings which once adorned it were now rainbow-colored glass, casting different colors of light onto the dirt below.

Error turned to Nightmare, hoping to catch a glance at his reaction to the sudden change of scenery. For the first time in the enchanting transition, he felt himself surprised. Sitting at the seat across from him was not his questionable, ill-willed advisor, but her.