Chapter 17 - The Kiss

Start from the beginning

She didn't want to go home, Sarah would ask so many questions. 

She just kept moving, that was what she was good at. Running away from things when it go too much for her. 

She stopped when she got the beach walking to sit near the sea. Looking out over the ocean. She used to do this when she lived in England but the sea was very different here. 

"I don't know what to do dad." She said out loud tears falling down her face stinging her cheeks. 

"I don't know what I'm meant to do with that information! Everything's a mess! I can't do this without you guys, I've blamed myself for so long I don't know how not to. I just wish I was with you, I wish it had worked." More tears falling down her face. "Everything is so confusing I just want you to tell me what do it." It helped her to talk out loud to them sometimes. She knew she wouldn't get an answer but she liked to think they could hear her some how.

"And theres this guy." She laughed at herself thinking about Reggie in that moment. "I think you'd like him, he loves music just as much as you did, reminds me of you a little dad." She stopped to smile at herself. "He's.....really something. He makes me want to be alive which is crazy after everything and cause he's a ghost." She shock her head a small laugh falling from her lips. "He makes me happy, I didn't think I could feel that again, I feel loved when I'm with you, he makes me feel safe." One last tear slipping down her face.

"You make me feel safe too." Reggie sat down in front of the girl crossing his legs, back to the ocean.

"Reggie did you hear that?" He dried her face with his sleeves.

"Yes but I think it's my time to tell you how I feel." He picked up her hands in his and looked down feeling the warmth of them. "Olivia." He paused. "When I was kid my parents fought, like a lot, I didn't think I ever really knew what love was, I'd never seen it so I didn't think I'd know it. But I do, when I look at you all I feel is happy and safe and that I want to make you happy every day. I'm an idiot, but your right we're not friends we're something else and I don't know what all that means or what we can be but I just want to be happy with you for as long as I have you."

She just blinked at him, lips parted wanting to say something but not having the words. She didn't know what to say it was one thing singing to him but it was another having him in front of her telling her all this, telling her everything she ever wanted to hear. 

She stood up bring him up with her, never letting go of his hands as they stood there looking at each other. 

It was quiet around them, just the sound of the waves on the shore and her heart beating loud. This part of the beach was deserted, she was happy for that. No one would see them and think she was talking to herself.

"It's ok if you don't." But before he could finish she let go of his hands putting them on his cheeks and stared into his eyes. She didn't need to worry if he meant what he said she could see it his eyes what he felt was real, she wasn't scared with him.

He brought her closer to him putting his hands on her waist. Their faces inches apart. She could feel his breathe on her face. He smelt like mint and fresh rain and the sent filled her soul warming her.

They just stood like that for a minute neither one of them knowing if they should try and see if it would work. 

But she didn't cared, if she only had one chance to feel him she would take it and worry about the rest later.

She brought her face to his, their noses touching and before she knew it he'd closed the gap between them and was leaning down kissing her.

It took her a second the realise what was happening but she didn't have to think twice about kissing him back closing her eyes taking in everything she felt.

The world seemed to fall away as she kissed him. No one, nothing else mattered in that moment. She wrapped her arms around his neck and his arms wrapped around her waist bring her as close as humanly possible. 

He thought how soft her lips felt and how the kiss felt just as he thought it would, warm and electric, he'd never felt anything like it before. All he could think about was how he wished he'd done this sooner. 

He felt like he was seeing every colour in the rainbow, she felt like the oxygen he needed to live, he felt light all he was floating.

Olivias heart felt full for the first time in a long time, it was like he was filling it up again, giving her all the love she'd been missing.

As she pulled away from him, she didn't really want to but need to breathe. Her lips were swollen and so was her heart. 

They kept they faces close staring into each other eyes. Not letting go of each other, like it was last time they'd ever be able to.

"Well that happened." He said making them both laugh.

She bite down on her lip never looking away from him. "Want to do again?"

"Yes."