Chapter 7 - The Song

Song in chapter 

- Redhead by Caylee Hammack

Olivia had fallen right to sleep that night, images of Reggie and his goofy smile on his face in her mind. She felt ridicules thinking about him all the time. She didn't like herself enough to think anyone else could.

The next morning the sun light hit her like a bolt.

She had a bad feeling about today but she was going to power though. That's what Alex would tell her to do.
Getting dressed she was in some kind of daze.

Once she put on some blues jeans and a blue crop top she saw Julies cropped jacket on her floor that she stole the other day. She put it on hoping the comfort Julie gave her she would feel with it on.

"I hear someone's fallen for a certain cute ghost." It was Flynn. Olivia was standing at her locker putting some books away before music. The bad feeling still in her stomach.

"I have on idea what you're talking about." She said smiling closing her locker and the two girls made their way towards their class.

"Oh don't give me that, Julie told me about your time on top of the roof, people don't sit on roofs together for no reason, well one person and one ghost don't" Olivia was blushing by this point thinking about Reggie again.

She just shock her head at her friend taking her seat in the music room.

Julie came running in two seconds later and sat down next to her. "Thanks for telling Flynn about my time on the roof Julie." Olivia said with a sarcastic smile.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She said looking at Flynn who just shrugged her shoulders. "I told you not to say anything!" She said under her breath.

"Julie it's fine, it's not like he likes me too." Olivia said sadly looking down at her hands.

Flynn went wide eyed "Is it so hard to believe that someone might see how amazing you actually are? He'd be crazy not to like you." Olivia just laughed at her.

"Julie that was a beautiful song thank you so much." Olivia was glad the class was almost over, maybe the bad feeling in her gut was nothing to worry about.

Julie sat back down next to her. "That really was a great song Julie, you and Luke did an amazing job." She said beaming at her friend.

"Ok we have time for one more performance and I'm hoping she'll grace us with her great song and voice. Olivia can you come down here."

Shit.

She just sat wide eyed at Mrs. Harrison, Julie and Flynn had to practically push her up to the front.

"Please try, just give it a go for me please. It's a great song I promise."

She was shaking as she put her guitar over her head.

She was trying to remember all the things that Alex had told her about staying calm and breathing but it was hard.

She tried to remember the feeling of writing the song with Luke in the safe studio trying to picture herself there with Reggie smiling her.

She closed her eyes taking a deep steady breath in and before she could open her eyes again she heard a pop to the side of her as if the boys could hear her.

She opened them to find them around the piano next to her, Reggie sat on top of it giving her the brightest smile, she could feel her body relaxing looking into his warm eyes.