Chapter 10 - The Performance

Songs in this chapter

- Flying Solo - Julie and the Phantoms

- Run - Lauren Alaina

She couldn't not look at him now.

They just stood there for a minute before Julie brought her out of her trance. "Where did you get that?"

Olivia walked in to the studio more putting her guitar case down on the floor. That fact that she had it meant Julie knew she hadn't changed her mind.

"I was getting ready and thinking about calling and saying I couldn't do." She paused for a minute looking over at Alex, he had a big stupid grin on his face. He was proud that she didn't listen to the little voice. "And I wanted to wear one of my dads tops, and I mean I've been though that box a 100 times and I've never seen it before but there it was in the bottom of the box."

She looked down at herself again smiling, there was something about it, she felt warm on the inside, she wished she could bottle the feeling and feel this way forever.

"Now Flynn would call this a sign." Julie said walking up to her giving her friend a hug. "I found one of them in my mums stuff, think maybe she met the boys once, maybe your dad did too?"

Olivia thought for a minute looking at each of the boys, her eyes landing on Reggie as his face lite up. "I mean I guess maybe, he moved to LA in the 90s and was in a band similar to Sunset Curve so it's possible but I mean I'm sure there was loads of boy bands at that time." She let out a chuckle as she saw Lukes eye brow shoot up.

"I think we better get going before Luke kills you and I have to explain that to my dad."

"Before you go can I talk to you Livie?" Alex had a serious brother look now the smile he had was smaller.

"Yeah course." She picked up her guitar and walked back out into the garden. "Alex is everything ok? You look worse than I do?" She turned to look at him.

"Look I don't want to medal and the thing with you and Reggie is totally your business but I was talking to Luke about a song you wrote or were writing and we'd like to help and maybe perform it with you?" She just looked at him. "Livie I want nothing more than for you to be happy and I know that idiot in there wont be able to tell you his feeling first."

"Alex that's really sweet of you and Luke but I just don't know, I don't know if I'm brave enough to put myself out there like that with him." She fiddled with the handle she was holding.

She had a feeling Alex wasn't going to take no for an answer and if Luke was in on it too she knew he definably wouldn't. She wanted to be that brave, she wanted to tell him how she felt. She wanted to put herself out there and not worry about the consequences, but truth was she wasn't sure how to feel if it went either way. What if he did really like her, what then. Alex was right they are ghosts and she couldn't even touch them.

"Can I think about it? But I would like to work on the song with you guys I just don't know if I can show him." He nodded at her giving her a warm smile as Julie walked out the studio.

"We better go or we'll be later."

The girls gave the boys one last wave before they left the studio. Olivia's stomach was in knots now the great feeling she once had gone and what was left behind was a shit anxious feeling.