Chapter 31 - The Calm

Songs in this chapter - 

Miss Me More - Kelsea Ballerini 

"So you think it's ok?" She rushed over to Julies early that morning so the boys, mostly Luke could read over her song make sure it was ok. 

Her hands were clammy but she wasn't as anxious as she thought she'd be. She didn't really know why but she was kinda calm, it was a new feeling for her. 

"Yeah of course Liv, it rocks your songs always do." Luke handed her book back to her, Reggie had been reading it over her shoulder and gave her a weird look as she took the book back putting it in her bag. 

"Yeah it's great, as long as it's not about me?" Reggie questioned stepping forward standing in forward for her fiddling with the sleeves of his red shirt. She wondered for a minute if she ever brought him a new one would he be able to wear it or could they only wear the clothes they had before they died.  

"Dude." Luke laughed shaking his head at his overly anxious friend. 

She let out a little laugh and smiled at him, it was kinda cute the look on his face. "It's not about you Reggie it's fine." She took one of his hands making sure he believed her. "I need to go but you guys will be there right? It's at 4, you'll be there on time right?" She looked around looking at all 3 of them. As much as she wasn't mad or up set about what happened before anymore she was still a little worried.

"We wouldn't miss it promise." Reggie assured her putting his little finger up at her. She laughed but wrapped her little finger around his none the less.

Alex stood up from the couch, he hadn't said a thing to her since she had got there. "Livie can I speak to you outside before you go?" He looked nervous and kinda awkward she'd never know him to be like that with her. 

"Of course." She said steeping out in the garden with him, leaving the other two boys inside. 

They knew what it was away.

Once they got out Alex stood there looking at the floor for a moment. She could almost hear the cog going in his mind, she knew the feeling very well but she didn't like that Alex was like it with her. 

After a minute he finally looked up at her. "It's about." He stopped this was hard he thought. 

But she knew what he wanted to talk to her about, she wasn't stupid. "Willie? Yeah I thought it might be. Where is he? Did you work out his unfinished business?" She felt like she knew the answer to that too. 

He didn't like the distance between them in that moment, not physically but emotionally. He was so torn, this girl was like his sister and he didn't want to bring something up to upset her but Willie was, he was something else to the blonde. "He said something about going to check on his parents one last time and no but."

She cut him off, she knew what this was about. "He wants to talk to me?" 

"Livie I know it's hard but." He put on his hands on her shoulders, happy that they could touch again.  

"It's not hard Alex." She smiled at him, she'd thought about this a lot last night. "What's hard is finding the boy you think you're meant to be with forever and having that boy taken away from you by some evil top hat and cape wearing mad man. Alex this is so much harder for you than it is me and I never even thought how it must be for you, I'm sorry, I've been a shit sister." 

She stood waiting for him to say something. "I just...I guess I thought I'd have more time with him, being ghosts and all" He said shrugging his shoulders at her looking down at the ground, but she could see he wanted to cry.