Chapter 23 - The Offer

Pain.

That's what she felt. The same pain she felt when she woke up from her coma. Like her brain was trying to reconnect to her body again.   

She opened her eyes to assess her surroundings, expecting the worse. Everything she'd heard about Caleb was bad. This felt bad. 

But as she looked around she found herself in an empty 1920s looking club. She was sat in a chair at a round table facing a stage. No one was there. It felt eery.

"Why is she here?" She could hear a hushed voice coming from behind a certain next to the stage. They obviously hadn't realised she'd woken up.

"Because William she's powerful. Power I've only heard of." She looked down at her hands, she didn't feel powerful if anything she felt very unpowerful. 

"What are you going to do?" It was Willies voice for sure, full of worry, it didn't make her feel any better.

"I don't see why that's any of your business. You betrayed me. You're on very thin ice William I wouldn't push it or you'll have a stamp next, and we both know she wouldn't help with your unfinished business." Why could she help him? He wasn't exactly her favourite person she thought but Alex cared about him and she cared about Alex.

She got up from her chair, her legs feeling weak and started to walk towards the certain but before she got very far a poof in front her reviled Caleb.

"How we feeling little girl?" He took some steps forward making her fall back into the chair behind her.

"What did you do to me?" Her voice was shaky and quiet. He was intimidating, especially since she knew so much about him already. Everything he'd done to the boys. 

"Nothing dear." He said taking a seat across the table from her. "I want to help you."

She laughed feeling her confidence come back as her body stopped hurting so much. "Yeah right magic man, I've heard all about what you did to the boys." She sat back in the chair crossing her arms. 

"Oh yes Sunset Swerve." He said looking for into the distance of the club, she'd hit a nerve she could tell.

"Curve, Sunset Curve, you must think I'm pretty stupid if you think I'll trust you." And she wasn't, all she wanted was to get out as painlessly as possible, but she was curious to know why he'd taken her.  

"Just hear me out ok, and then I'll let you go back." She didn't like how much power he had over this situation. He liked knowing she was curious, he know the right words would convince her. 

"Fine, but make it quick someones going to notice that I'm not home." She knew Sarah was asleep when she got back but she couldn't know how long she'd unconscious for. 

"Oh my dear this place it like, what would you say...a time wrap, time in here isn't the same as out there." He explained looking at the big clock hanging above him, that wasn't moving. 

"You defiantly are a wizard." She said quietly as she looked around again, what else was he capable of she thought. 

"Not quite, but I have gifts, like you." He looked smug, she didn't like that either. 

"I'm not special, if thats why I'm here then I'm afraid you're wrong." She went to push herself off the chair before he started talking again.

"Oh poor dear you don't even know do you? You're a seer." She just stared at him hoping he would elaborate. "Right, of course, a seer is someone who can see all of the ghost world, you're connected to both sides, I believe you died 2 year ago?" She nodded her head at him, playing with her hands nervously in her lap, she didn't like this. "Right well you stepped over for a brief time I believe that's what gave you your powers."