108 years

I was finally back at work. Thankfully, there were no cases yet. If there were, I'd probably be the slacker of the group.

I noticed that ever since I came back, some of my coworkers tended to avoid me. The other lower level agents were always talking in hushed tones around me. They gave me sly and dirty looks and walked out of rooms whenever I entered. I knew that they thought I was a bad agent. They probably wondered how I could associate myself with a rogue agent.

I guess they don't realize that my allegiance to the FBI wasn't as strong as my allegiance to my own husband.

Today I was going to go visit Spencer. I had some paperwork to finish up and then I was off. Well, until Emily and Penelope walked in with the news of a case. She approached me when everyone headed towards the conference room. "You are going to visit him today. He is your top priority, not the case. You can come back and help Penelope from here."

"Thanks, Em." I was out the door, mentally preparing myself for whatever I was about to see. The prison looked cold and miserable. The guards were aggressive and had no respect for anyone. Before I went in, I made sure to keep my badge and gun in the car. If anyone knew that I was an agent, that could make his time here even worse. Lord knows I didn't want to make his life any more difficult than it is.

I was sat in this little booth, waiting for him and the rest of his inmates to walk through that door. Then, there he was. He was dressed in blue, but he looked slightly dirty and miserable. But his eyes lit up the second they landed on mine. He sped his way over to me and tried to extend his arms over the divider to give me a hug. "No touching!" the guard shouted at us. We both sat down, smiles coming to our faces. "Hi Spence."

"Hey, baby. What's going on? How's my mom and Delilah?"

"Your mom is doing well. She loves my dad's place."

"Where does she think I am?"

"She asked if you were at the beach. It made her happy and I couldn't say no. Delilah is doing okay. She's a little jealous that she didn't get to come, but she's hard at work on her next letter to you." He nodded, a smile coming to his face as he thought of his daughter. "What about you?"

"Spencer, don't worry about me. I'm getting by. I'm more worried about you. Are you okay?"

"I'm trying to be." I so desperately wanted to hold his hand. He looked so weak and there wasn't a way I could bring him comfort. "But we've got to talk business, I have some bad news. The tox report showed no scopolamine in your system."

I didn't want to tell him, but Emily wanted me to break him the news once we found out. She figured hearing it from me wouldn't be as hard of a blow. I thought it would just make him more anxious, but an order is an order.

The worried look on his face was already making me regret saying it. "But that's how we were gonna get him!"

"We'll find another way. Trust me, Spencer. We will catch that psychopath and clear your name. I am going to get you out of here, I promise." He seemed apprehensive, but hopeful.

A whistle was heard throughout the room and a few comments of 'wanting a piece of that' drifted through the atmosphere. It made me slightly uncomfortable, but Spencer seemed almost livid. "Hey, I don't care."

"I don't want them looking at you."

"Neither do I. But if that's the price I have to pay to see you, I don't care."

I reached into my pocket and pulled out the piece of paper I wanted to show him. Well, the piece of paper a certain young girl wanted me to show him. It was a little drawing of two people outside. "What's that?"