let's make a deal

It was a rough couple nights.

I would only sleep for a few hours on and off. My bed was cold without him there, a feeling that I never liked. But even when we weren't in the same bed, I knew that he was okay, because he would call before bed. But this was different. He was sleeping in a cell and I don't know when or if he's coming home.

I went into the BAU early. Emily and I were gonna head to the facility today to figure more of this out. Hopefully, we can start to fix this big mess.

My eyes were glued to his desk. All of his novels lined up. The multiple picture frames containing photos of our little family. It was like he never left and he was gonna walk through that door any moment, bringing me a tea, and stealing a kiss before we got to work. I was so lost in thought that I didn't hear Penelope, JJ, and Rossi walk up behind me.

"Hey you," Penelope cooed as she pulled me into a hug. JJ came up and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Thanks for bringing him those clothes. I appreciate it." She gave me a nod. JJ and Spencer had been best friends long before I was around, so I could understand that this was difficult for her too. "So what's our next step? I need something to look forward to and think about." Penelope asked.

"We get him out on bail pending trial."

That was another worry I've had. Even if we could get him out, would I have the money to do so?

"I don't even think I could afford that," I sniffled out.

"Hey, I'm prepared to pay his bail, no matter how much," Rossi offered. I gave him a hug, more tears coming to my eyes. This was my family, and they were here to help me no matter what.

"Thank you so much. Thank all of you guys."

"You really think we'd let you go through this alone? No way, kiddo."

Penelope's phone went off, alerting them that another case had come up. "I'll see you guys later. Stay safe."

They gave me sympathetic looks as they started to prepare for a meeting. I went out the doors, preparing myself for the rest of the day.

Emily and I drove over to the holding facility, the anticipation killing me. It didn't help that the officers had to inspect us before we went in. I was behind Emily, but I could tell she found his cell and was talking to him. "I brought someone for you."

I walked over and he was finally in my line of vision. He looked better than yesterday, more comfortable clothing hugging his frame, a newer bandage wrapped around his hand. I could also tell that sleep helped him come down from his high. He looked better physically, but I knew that he was nervous.

"Hey Spence. You look like you got a better sleep than me."

His face fell, scanning over my features. I could tell he was more worried about me than anything, that's just who he was.

"It could have been better." He sent a weak smile towards my direction.

"So I have a friend of mine," Emily started. "She's an excellent lawyer. If you'd like, I could give her a call to help you out." He nodded his head as she stepped away to make the call.

"Just so you're not freaking out, I managed to snag this," I told him, showing him his wedding band that is now staying secured on a chain around my neck.

"Good, wouldn't want it with anyone else. I just wish I could hold you right now, this sucks."

"Has anything been coming back to you?"

"Only in flashes. I've never not remembered anything before, it's frustrating."

"I know, baby. But I'm gonna help you figure this all out."