who has the knife?

"Who was your contact down here?"

He looked down at his arm, rolling up his sleeve. "Rosa Mendina." Her name was written across his arm, his scratchy handwriting on full display. Luke took a picture and sent it to the others in Quantico.

"If I showed you a picture, would you remember her?" Spencer nodded his head, almost like he was trying to convince himself.

"We think it's Scratch," Emily spoke up from beside me.

"Scratch," he softly mumbled. He didn't recognize the name, a sign of the drugs messing with his system. He was completely out of it. It hurt to see him like this, so dazed and confused.

"Is this Rosa?" Luke came over and showed Spencer a picture of a woman. They figured it out, thank god. He nodded, clearly recognizing the woman in the picture.

"Alright. Her name's not Rosa, it's Nadie Ramos. They have her last at a motel not too far."

"Then we gotta get Castenda and his men to check it out."

"Do you want company?" Rossi asked him.

"No, I'll be okay." The three of them walked off, knowing that there was no way I was gonna leave him. He started to fidget with his hands, trying to touch me through the bars.

"Is it weird that I'm remembering you and not them?" He looked up at me with doe eyes, the eyes I fell in love with the first day I stepped foot into the BAU.

"Not at all, baby. Remember what you always say? That your heart is always gonna remember what your mind can't."

"I'm sorry for making you worry. You don't look well." The sorrow was clear across his face. He always hates making me upset, even if it's over the simplest things. He could not fold the laundry and he'd spend the rest of the day following me like a lost puppy and showing tons of affection to make up for it.

"Hey, don't worry about me right now. We're gonna focus on getting you all sorted out." I wished that these goddamn bars weren't separating us. I would wrap him up in my arms and never let go. But life was never that kind.

"I'm a horrible father," he let out a whimper. A few stray tears were starting to fall from his eyes.

"No, sweetheart. You are an excellent father. Delilah loves you so much. This isn't gonna make her think any less of you."

I swore in that moment that whenever we found Scratch, I was gonna kill him for this. Spencer looked so weak and vulnerable and there was no way I could take his pain away. It sucked.

After a few hours, the team came back. By the looks on their faces, I could tell something was wrong. I was sitting against the wall, watching Spencer as he was sitting on the rickety bench in his cell. I stood up when Luke approached me and he leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"We found the body of Nadie Ramos in his motel room. The murder weapon is missing."

And that's when my day went from bad to worse.

I was a profiler, I knew what all the evidence supported. I have been in the exact same situation as these cops many times before, so I knew exactly what they were thinking.

But I couldn't believe it. I know my Spencer, and there is no way in hell that he was capable of this.

I thought I heard Luke mention that Clara and Matt from IRT were on their way here to help, but I was starting to tune him out. My gaze was fixed on Spencer.

He could tell from my expression that something was wrong, and I didn't need him to worry anymore.

"Spencer. The officers have allowed me to do a cognitive interview with you. Wanna give it a try?" Emily asked him.