~Chapter- 27~

Conflict

Conflict.
Conflict is a really tough word. A war at one's mind and heart. Mind tells you to do one thing and heart tells you to do another.
The same thing going on with me since my Adira has been attacked. The moment I heard that Adira fainted and was taken to the hospital I didn't know what to do. Memories started flooding my mind. Memories I desperately wanted to forget.

I rushed to the hospital to see her on that bed lifeless. Thank god she woke up or else I don't know what would have happened to me.

That bastard poisoned her and I know it for sure. He once took something from me but not this time. I would die than let him harm my wife.

The whole week I have been taking care of my wife and I have been searching for him from every nook and crook.

And then came that bloddy letter. It was so unexpected and that bastard sent it as a warning message. Adira was shocked to see that and I can see so many questions in her eyes when she looked at me. Questions I have answers to. But questions I wasn't able to answer. Not knowing how to answer her questions which are very much sensible I walked away. The whole day Me, Dad, Abhay, Shaurya and Arhaan spent in my office taking extra measures to catch him.

I haven't texted her the whole day nor did I call her the whole day. I know I should but I couldn't. I didn't know what to say.

And after reaching home that night it was a disaster. She was calm and she was patient. She didn't even ask me about them rather scolded me for disappearing. I can see and sense the worry and concern coming from her. It only made me feel more worse. And I snapped. I snapped at her for the first time and said things to her that means shit. I spilled shitty things to her and she didn't even say one fucking thing. She just smiled at my family and fucking covered up for me when dad shouted at me to stop.

She silently left to our room and as soon as I entered I saw her laying down on the bed already covered with the quilt. I know she wasn't asleep. My heart was calling out to her asking me to go and just hug her to me. But my mind was paranoid and just wanted to keep some distance. That night as we layed there I can hear her soft sobs she was trying to muffle through her hands. My heart squeezed painfully. My hands clenched at my sides fighting the urge to turn around and take her in my arms.

Three days passed away......with me ignoring her and her taking my ignorance. I fucking was going crazy with this. And then she dropped a bomb after three days to go to her house. I fucking knew it is because of me. And I don't know how but I fucking knew this too that she was giving me space. Yet it felt like she was leaving me and I am being nothing but an asshole letting that happen.

I dropped her at her house and when it was time for her to go I just wanted to ask her to stay.....stay with me.......I wanted her to be with me always......but I couldn't.

After she left everything was chaos. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't understand what's happening. It's like she took my breath away with her. I cannot function without her. Five days passed away like that. Eight days since I talked to her. Since I held her in my arms and kissed her senseless.