~Chapter- 26~

Silence

Silence......the silence prevailed between me and Arjun. It has been three days since he shouted on me for no reason. I came back to work and this time he didn't stop me. 

We haven't been talking. Whenever we are in a room everything falls into silence. I don't know what to talk to him and he doesn't know how to talk to me.

I know I am a psychologist and I know I can deal with this matter in a very mature and intelligent way. But before being a psychologist I am a human being.

We humans can give advices to people around us on how to lead life and how to handle relationships and people in their life. We might even use those advices on our own lives. But sometimes in certain situations it just gets hard, it just gets tricky on how to use them in our lives. On how to solve our own problems. It is in basic human nature. All we can do is process the problem and choose how to deal with it. You can either go in an irrational way or you can go the rational way.

I haven't yet chose but I know what I want to. I want to go the rational way and that's why I came to a decision. I don't know if it seems mature to anyone but to me it's the best solution I can come up with on my current predicament. That is space. I want to give both me and Arjun space. We stuck together always since the time we married. We understand each other so well. We trust each other too. But somewhere Arjun is not really in terms to share specific things with me. And I want to give him space without crowding. And I also want to take space because what he said blew my self-esteem and self-respect in a way. I want to give space to each other to build up our conscience and then we can go from there.

I decided to go to my other house means my dad's place for a few days. That would do both of us some good I guess. That's why I am here in the living room where everyone was sitting and talking. And when I say everyone even my husband.

I went into the living room and as soon as I entered Ma made me sit down beside her.

"How was your day beta?" She asked smiling at me.

"It was good Ma" I smiled back at her gently.

Arjun became silent as soon as I entered. My heart hurt thinking he is not able to be open infront of me.

"Ma, Papa I wanted to ask you something" I said nervously looking at Ma and Papa.

"Haan beta what is it?" Papa asked turning towards me. Even Arjun's attention was on me now.

"Umm.. can-- can I go to my dad's place for a few days?" I asked nervously suddenly scared about their or Arjun's reaction. Arjun practically froze hearing to me so did Ma and Papa and Abhay. They know we haven't been talking even though I was jovial and hiding my pain. But, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that's why I am asking this.

"Beta--- what happened suddenly?" Ma asked worriedly looking at Arjun and then me. I didn't want to worry her so I just cheerfully told her

"Offo Ma nothing to worry! It's just....it has been so long since I visited Dad and bhai and Miru and i know I have been seeing them frequently but I just miss being with them and I thought I can go there for a few days. If it's okay with you that is?" I said as nonchalantly as possible.

Ma and Papa had a knowing look but still they didn't show that and agreed.

"Oh! It's fine beta go enjoy there with your siblings for a while. Even Anand bhaiyya would have been missing you" Ma said smiling at me warmly.

I looked at Arjun to see him looking at me seriously. He haven't said a word. I am waiting for him to say something but he didn't. His eyes are blank not giving away anything. I know even our family members can sense the tension.

"Bhabhi but who will cook delicious food for me if you go?!" Abhay said trying to lighten up the situation making us laugh.

"Achaa toh I don't cook delicious food for you? That's it! Don't ever come to me to cook you food from now!" Ma said glaring at him making me stifle a laugh.

Abhay's face became pale and he rushed to Ma hugging her from behind "Mom you are the best! I never doubt your cooking skills!" He buttered her up making us all laugh. Even Arjun has a small smile on his face. Even though we are not on talking terms that small smile made me relaxed.

"Acha beta toh when are you going?" Papa asked me.

"I was thinking of going now actually"

"Oh that's fine beta how are you going?" Ma enquired.

"I was thinking of taking a cab since Arjun and Abhay are busy" I said looking at Arjun.

"Nonsense there is no busy when it comes to family. Arjun drop her yourself safely" Papa told Arjun who was more silent than usual. He just gave a nod and got up from his seat going to the room.

I excused myself to go pack and went to the room to see him working on his laptop.

I silently packed my clothes and essentials. None of us uttered a singly word. After I was done packing I told him and he silently took his car keys and went down taking my duffel bag.

I hugged Ma, Papa and Abhay and promised them I'll come back soon and went out. Before leaving Ma pulled me aside and told me "Whatever it is I won't come in between but beta make sure there is talking. Even if you scream and shout at each other. Talk. Because if you don't all the words that has to be said wither away in silence" I understood what she meant and I assured her I will follow her words.

I went out to see him already in the car. I got in and we travelled in silence. I pondered over what Ma said. It's true we need to talk and I want to I ....just don't know how to. I can sense his stares. I can sense him looking at me but I didn't turn towards him.

Soon we reached my dad's place and we just sat in silence. I waited....for him to stop me or say anything to me. I turned towards him to see him already looking at me. We just stared into each other's eyes. There are so many conflicting emotions in his eyes. I want him to take a step further and I remind myself why I am doing this. A traitor tear slid down my cheek and immediately look away and wipe my eyes.

I turned to him and said " Please take care of yourself" I smiled lightly at him and took my duffel bag getting out. Before I got out I heard his say in a low voice "I love you"

I stopped in my tracks but didn't turn around. I closed my eyes tightly to stop myself from crying. It's been four days since I heard his say this. It is a small thing for many but hearing them makes my heart calm. I released a shaky breath and got out shutting the door behind me.

I walked to the front door and turned around to see him still there. After looking at me one more time he drove off.

What is happening to us? Is the only thought running through my mind......

Hello lovely readers! My heart aches seeing them two. My perfect couple is going through a rough patch but these kind of things will bring them more closer in the future. I am eagerly waiting for the next chapter. Are you?

 Are you?