~Chapter- 3~

A week has passed since my cousins's wedding

A week has passed since my cousins's wedding. The past one week had been really hectic for me working on my research paper and back to back counselling sessions.
I submitted my research paper thesis to a publication journal and finally I am free. Today is Friday so I am totally relaxed for the rest of the weekend. Me and my friends planned a date after work since it has been so long we met. Kidding, we just met a week ago but yeah we are dramatic!

I suppose I haven't told you guys about my friends right? Let me tell you, I have two best friends. Mithya and Sanaya. We have been besties since my high school days. We three are the golden trio. Sanaya is the naughtiest in our group. She is bold, confident, and mischievous. Mithya is the same but she is more level headed than Sanu. You can say I am the innocent one out of us, though I can be pretty mischievous if I want to be!

Mithya is an architect and she works for a big company here in Mumbai. Sanaya is a marketing manager and works in the same company as Mithya.

Due to our busy schedules we couldn't meet the past few weeks regularly so after work today we are going to meet in our favorite cafe. As soon as the clock strikes 5 I left the hospital and went to the cafe.

As soon as I reached there, I went in to see both of them already there waving their hands at me.

"Oh my god! I feel like it's been ages since I saw you! How are you my baby?" Sanaya said wiping her fake tears and hugging me tight. I was laughing hard at her dramatics.

"I am great darling how are you!? And how are you Mithu?" I asked hugging Mithya too.

"We are great! now that our project is successful! We had to work our asses off this previous week for this project. Phew! I feel so relieved now that it's completed!" Mithya said huffing in relief.

"That's great! Thank god our busy days are over. I submitted my research thesis this week and I had to stay up late at night this whole week for completing it. Finally I submitted it and I hope it turns out good"

"When will the journal people you submitted to, will contact you?" Sanaya asked waving the waiter over to us.

"I think in week. I am pretty sure they will like it. Because the topic is a current issue going on in mental health field so I am confident they will like it." I said smiling proudly.

"That's my girl and I bet my ass they will. After all Sanaya Pandey's best friend wrote it." Sanaya said smirking smugly raising her invisible collars making me and Mithu laugh.

Soon we ordered something for ourselves and engaged in a conversation. We three talk a lot, especially me. People always think I am a light speaker and stays calm and quiet. But people who are really close to me knows that I am a big talker. My friend's always say I am the most talkative person they have ever seen!

"How was your cousin's wedding by the way? I believe it happened last weekend right?" Mithu asked sipping on her drink.

"Yeah it was so good. My cousin and her husband are made for each other!" I gushed out telling them how good the wedding was.