~Chapter- 8~

Life seems like a bliss, a fairytale for me

Life seems like a bliss, a fairytale for me. After the engagement as said Arjun did call me. We have been talking ever since then daily on phone. It's so good talking to him. Getting to know him is the most intriguing and amazing thing I have ever thought of experiencing. I still remember the day he called me one and a half week ago. It was the start of many other conversations in our life.

*Flashback starts*

I was reviewing some case studies and prognosis of some patients while I heard my phone ringing. I looked at the caller I. D to see an unknown number. I frowned in confusion as to who will call me at 10 p.m at night.

"Hello who is this? I asked as I picked up the call.

It was silent for a few seconds. But I can hear the other person breathing at the other side. In the deepest part of my heart I had a hunch on who it is.

"Adira" my breath hitched as I heard my name from his mouth for the first time.

"Arjun" for some reason my voice sounded so breathless. I heard him inhale some air.

"Say it again"
"Huh?" I asked confused.

"Say my name again mia cara" I gasped and blushed at his endearment for me.

"Arjun" this time I uttered it shyly. He chuckled making me face palm myself smiling.

"What are you doing amore?" I know Italian so I know what he called me and I can't stop blushing and smiling at his nicknames for me.

"I ... Am just going through some case studies of some patients of mine" I said and he hummed listening to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked biting my lip.

" I was just going through some emails from office and thought of hearing your voice" he said and I can hear the underlying teasing in his tone.

"Oh!... Did you have dinner?"
"I did. You?"
"I did too"
After that none of us spoke, we just say there hearing to each other breath. And after a while we ended the call.

But from the next day we started talking a bit more. From greeting each other at sometime in the day it progressed to late night calls. And now, one and a half week later we cannot sleep without talking to each other.

*Flashback ends*

As I recall our first phone conversation I smile to myself at how shy I was and how free I am, compared to then on how I talk to him.

I soon got busy with my clients.

"We did a great progress today Mr. Svenson. It is really commendable on how long you have come in your therapy sessions. I am sure soon you will be completely successful in your element. See you next week!"
I stood up and shook hands with one of my favorite client. It's not actually correct for a therapist to show favorites but Mr. Svenson is a middle-aged man who suffers from Alcohol addiction and anxiety issues. He is trying so hard to reform himself for his wife and he has shown such an amazing progress that he became one of my favorites. I think it's okay for you to have favorite clients keeping in mind not to cross the professional boundaries between you and your patient. So for me it's healthy in a professional way.