~Chapter- 24~

"A week Arjun

"A week Arjun. It's been a week! I am fine! I can't just lay here in bed all day!" I exclaimed fed up with Arjun's over extra protectiveness.

You guys probably understood what is happening...

It's been a week since I got discharged from hospital and since I have been "resting" as per my husband's orders. It was good at first all the fuss, and taking care, and all that. But now it's getting too much. He is not even allowing me to go back to work.

"Babygirl just try to understand. You came back from a poison attack and I don't want you to stress yourself and deteriorate your health! And the bastard who poisoned you is still out there. What if something happens to you. What do you want me to do?" Arjun said loudly trying to explain his point to me.

We were in the living room having this argument and Ma, Papa and Abhay are sitting on the sofa and looking from him to me.

I sighed. I know he is scared but this can't go on like this. I took a deep breath.

"Arjun....I understand you. You think I am not scared or worried of the fact that I got poisoned by God knows who? You think it's easy to go back when that kind of paranoia persists? No it is not! But I cannot hide away all my life just because someone is out there to get me. I have always been a person who faces their problems and I am not about to change that. Just ..... I'll be fine Arjun. I want to be able to go out. I don't want to hide" I didn't know how else to explain my point to him.

He just stared at me for a long time and then finally sighed in defeat.
"Fine...but you are going to take Dan and three other bodyguards with you...before you protest I agreed to you going out so you need to agree to this for my own sanity" he said in a no nonsense tone making me agree.

"Oh god! Finally you both made up! But you should have argued some more. It's interesting" Abhay said tossing popcorn into his mouth. I smacked his head and settled down beside Arjun.

Our gardener Rakesh uncle came inside with a letter in his hand.

"Beta this letter was there near the gate with your name on it" he said giving the letter to me.

"Oh thank you uncle" I said taking the letter from him smiling at him.

The letter had a strange seal on it. Strange! I thought and opened it.

As soon as I opened the letter an ugly stench surrounded it.

"What the heck? What is that smell?" Abhay exclaimed scrunching his nose.

"It's blood smell" Papa said looking at the paper in shock

My dear Adira,

Looks like you survived my poison attack. Lucky you. But don't worry there are many more surprises for you. I can't meet you personally for oblivious reasons that's why I wanted to introduce myself to you. I am your well wisher. That's why I wanted to help you go away instead of making you be with that murderer husband of yours. Yes! your sweet and loving husband is a murderer. He killed "her" Dont believe me? Ask him yourself. And now I am after him. Tell your husband that I will kill him. Tell him that I will kill him in the worst way possible.

Your worst nightmare.

Blood was flowing down the letter. I immediately had the urge to vomit. Arjun was beside me reading the letter and his face paled. Abhay took the letter from me and now everyone are reading it.

I looked at Arjun and he is struck to his place. His face is pale. His eyes staring off into a distance.

"Arjun" I called out my voice coming out shaky.

He turned to me and his jaw is clenched tight in tension.

"Who is it?" I asked or rather demanded
He is silent and didn't answer anything.

"Arjun who is that? And what is he saying? I just want to know who that person is and if you know him?" I said slowly placing my hand on his shoulder. He still didn't say anything and looked away closing his eyes tightly as if to shut out everything around him.

"Ar---" "I have to go" he said taking my hand from his shoulders and walked out of the house Abhay and Dad following him. I sat down on the sofa in exhaustion and confusion.

Ma came and sat down beside taking me in her arms. I hugged her tightly seeking comfort.

"Ma I don't understand anything. Who is he Ma? And who is she?" I asked Ma hoping atleast she will tell me. She had tears in her eyes looking at me. She opened her mouth to say something but then stopped herself.

"I am not the one who should tell you this beta. I wish I can but its not my place. Arjun is the one who should tell you. Just.....please give him sometime. He didn't do any wrong. He...just have faith in him please" Ma pleaded tears flowing from her eyes.

"Ma please don't cry and yes I believe Arjun more than anyone. I will wait for him to come home and I will ask him. Don't worry Ma I know Arjun" I said wiping her tears. She gave me a small smile and got up going to the kitchen leaving me alone in my thoughts.

Just who is he? And who is this new she?

God please help me...

Hello lovely readers! Early update for you guys!!

So what's happening? Will Arjun tell her? Or will this be a bother for Adira?

Let's wait and see...