Chapter 5: Where's Ladybug and Chat Noir?

Everyone was confused. Sabrina could feel the pressure of a thousand words grasping her from every direction.

"How is that even possible?" They wondered.

"Then why does Mariette look the same? How come she didn't have a wardrobe change? Why didn't you tell us this before? Where is Ladybug and Chat Noir?"

The questions kept coming and coming until Alya yelled "That's enough!" Now, there was silence.

Adrien walked over to Sabrina and asked her politely "Why didn't you tell us this before?"

"I...I was afraid. I didn't know what to do. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. It's never too late." Rose said while patting Sabrina's back for comfort.

"Now that that's settled, why does Mariette look the same?" Nino asked.

"And what is she upto?"

"More importantly, where's Ladybug and Chat Noir?" Alya added.

"I can think of one person who can answer these questions: Mariette herself." Max said.

Everyone agreed and rushed out of school to search for Marinette.

I mean, if you want answers, ask the person who's planting the questions in your head in the first place, right? They all search for the akumatized girl. They checked the streets, the park, her favorite picnic spots, but no sign of the girl anywhere.

Heck, they even asked Luka if she was with him but he simply nodded no. They probably searched half of Paris by now and didn't even consider the most obvious place she could be...her home (i know. I know. They are idiots).

Marinette was in her room, reading a magazine and was lying upside down on her bed. The trap door in her room opened. Her mother, Sabine, was standing still.

"Marinette, dear, did you bunk school again? This is the third time this week." She said worriedly.

Her eyes, still locked on the magazine, "So what?" The girl replied.

"SO WHAT!?" Sabine's voiced raised.

"This attitude is unacceptable young lady. If you aren't downstairs in ten seconds, you're going to WISH you were at school right now." She warned.

Marinette mumbled "whatever" and kept reading her magazine.

She then peeked from the corner of her eye and spotted her mother counting "ten...nine...eight..."

Damn! She means business'. Marinette thought. It's not like Mariette to get into trouble with her mother. And she's not looking for that now either.

She sighed and got up from her bed, threw her magazine to the side, and dragged her feet downstairs. Sabine followed. Once downstairs, she turned around to face her mother behind her.

"There. I'm here. Can I go back to my room now?"

"Not until you do your chores." She replied while nodding no.

"But MOM!..."

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me."

"But mom..." Her voice turning into a whisper "...I did them yesterday."

"Yesterday, last week, last month, last year. I don't care when you did them. Do them now. Oh! And you can start with the dishes." She demanded.

Mariette rolled her eyes and headed for the kitchen.

Akumatized or not, Marinette can't disobey her mother. Late night homework? Easy. Taking on akumatized victims? Don't make me laugh. But disobeying her mom? Let's not go there.

When she reached the sink, she hesitated. It's kinda hard to believe that only three people use all these dishes. But complaining about the task assigned to her isn't going to get it done. She has to do it.

She took a plate and begins to scrub off the tiny bits and pieces of food stuck to it. The glasses were probably the easiest to clean. The plates took a little longer. But the real challenge, were the pots and pans.

'Dammit!' She thought 'How am I supposed to clean this? It's like it doesn't want to get cleaned.' She began to scrub it vigorously then wondered

"Argh! How did this thing get these spots on in the first place!"

Tikki flew into her earings and suddenly, there stood ladybug, doing the dishes of all things on the world!

Marinette's/ Ladybug's POV: what the? Why am I doing the dishes? And as ladybug? Has my identity been revealed? No, that can't be. Hmmm. Maybe Chat can help.

She took out her yo-yo and swung out of the house. She jumped from building to building, rooftop to rooftop. But couldn't find him anywhere. Just her luck that he isn't picking up his phone either.

Suddenly, she heard someone call out "Ladybug! Ladybug!"

She turned around and saw Alya and Adrien rushing towards her. Oh-no! ADRIEN rushing towards her. 'Act cool Mariette. Remember he doesn't know you're Mariette. Or atleast, I hope he doesn't.'

"Oh. Hello there fellow highschool kids.... I mean I'm just guessing.... It's not like I know you or something." She greeted while scratching the back of her head 'Dammit.' she thought.

But it seemed like they didn't notice the awkward greeting or maybe they didn't care about it.

"Ladybug! Thank God you're here. We need your help. Our friend is akumatized!" Alya stated.

"What? Who?" Ladybug asked with concern.

"Marinette." Adrien replied.

Ladybug shook her head. "What? That's not possible."

"We didn't want to believe it either. But you have to save her!" Alya said.

"Where's Chat noir?" Ladybug asked. Adrien hesitated.

"He's probably busy or something...hehe." he said while scratching the back of his head.

"Well, if you see him, tell him to find me. I need to talk to him." She said and then turned to Alya.

"Don't worry. I'll find Marinette." She smiled back. Ladybug took out her yo-yo once more and swung away.