Chapter 3: What's wrong with you?

The class all at once began to answer. All their voices and words jumbled up. Miss Bustier remained confused.

"Class please. One at a time. I can't understand when all of you talk at the same time." She said while asking everyone to remain seated.

Everyone seemed so excited to tell on Marinette but for some unknown reason, she was calm. Then the class took turns answering the question.

The teacher tried to sum it all up "So you're saying that Mariette is bullying Chloe and Lila?"

The class shouted yes all at once.

"She even called Sabrina 'Chloe's pet'." Kim added.

The teacher was shocked. She couldn't believe this. Or maybe she didn't want to believe it.

"I understand. But right now, I want to hear Marinette's part of the story too." She said while looking directly at her.

Marinette rolled her eyes. "You mean like you heard my side of the story from yesterday? I'll pass." The girl replied.

I guess it makes sense that she was mad at Chloe and Lila for everything they did to her. But did she really just say that to her teacher!? Her teacher of all people?

"What is that supposed to mean?" The teacher inquired.

"You know exactly what it means. You didn't bother to listen to me when Lila lied to you during the test. So, why should I waste my breath explaining myself when no one wants to listen to me?" She replied.

"Well, I'm listening now Marinette. And I'm very disappointed in you."

"What a coincidence! I'm disappointed in everyone too." She replied while looking at her nails.

Miss Bustier's POV : What has gotten into this girl? Since when has she become so rude? Does she even know about all the hurtful things she's saying? Or is all of this my fault? No. I know this girl. She's one of my brightest students. Perhaps I was a little hard on her yesterday.

"Girl is all this attitude you're giving us about what happened yesterday? We all apologized. Well... Most of us did anyway. Besides it was just a harmless prank. Like I said, it was April Fool's day. You can't be mad at us forever." Alya said interrupting the teacher's thoughts.

Marinette sighed. "Okay first of all, this isn't an 'attitude'. I'm sick and tired of people taking advantage of me just because I'm nice. I told you. From now on, I'm not going to let people take me for granted. And about the 'harmless prank' part, I'd like to see you getting laughed at on the internet and not worry about it. Why does it always have to be me?" She said in an aggressive tone.

"Well there's a difference between standing up for yourself and being a jerk!" Kim stated.

"Well this is the new me now. If you don't like it, then how about you go someplace else and cry about it." She said angrily.

"Marinette! I won't accept this behavior. Apologize to Kim." The teacher demanded.

"No thanks. I'll pass." She said while covering her mouth while yawning.

The teacher boiled. She isn't just disobeying her, but she's also disrespecting her in front of the whole class. And for a teacher, that is both hurtful and embarrassing.

"That's it! Principle's office young lady. Now!" She said while pointing at the door.

Marinette sighed. She got off from her seat and went out of the classroom without a word. And she was so quick at it that people would think she's glad that she got sent there.