Chapter 16: Blast to the Past

~~Recap~~

The heros exchanged looks at each other until they realized what (or should I say 'who') she meant. As soon as that confusion was out of the way, the heros stepped inside the portal with new found hope in saving Paris and their former friend.

~~Recap Over~~

The glowy white portal opened up again. This time,they were at the Eiffel tower. Paris looked peaceful today. The birds were chirping. The sun's heat rays were blocked by big puffy light grey clouds. A chilly light wind was blowing. The sweet scent of daffodils and daisies were enhancing the calmness of the environment. Chloe went to see her mother in New York. Whereas Lila was sick and on complete bed rest for a whole week (insert happy fandom noises). So, there was a ninety nine percent chance that there were no akumas today. Thank God.

The teenagers couldn't help but admire the beauty in front of them. How could they not? They haven't felt this relax all day. Chat leaned in front of the tower and took a deep breathe before letting out a long sigh. The others closed their eyes and joined him in enjoying the beauty.

That is until Bunnix snapped her fingers in front of them and brought them back to reality. They turned to her with an annoyed face. She ruined their moment of peace for them.

"Mini heroes, focus! We have work to do. Remember?" She pointed out the reason to be here.

"Sorry. We just got lost there for a second." Adrien explained.

"So, what's the plan?" Luka asked.

"Ok, we're a week before the akumatized Marinette incident. You guys get your kwamis well rested. And I'll fetch Minibug. We'll meet here in half an hour. Oh, and if anyone sees you, it'll affect our present and future. So make sure you stay hidden and out of sight. Got that?" She asked in a demanding tone.

"Don't worry. You can count on us boss." Carapace yelled while saluting.

"What are you doing?" Rena whispered to him.

"I- i guess i got a little nervous" he finished with an awkward chuckle and shrugged his shoulders signaling he doesn't have a proper answer himself.

"Well... Good luck guys" Luka broke the awkward tension between the couple and ran the other direction to transform back and give sass a moment to breathe. The others quickly followed his actions in different directions.

While they went to play hide and seek around town, Bunnix de-transformed and headed to the Dupain Cheng bakery. As she pushed the door, the bell on top vibrated about it's position while producing a ringing sound. Tom and Sabine, busy by the amount of items they were baking and preparing, hardly noticed the young lady until she entered the store.

"Oh, hello there. Can I interest you in some macarons? They're fresh from the oven." Sabine greeted her while handing over a tray of good looking (and probably delicious) hot macarons.

"No thank you Ms. Dupain Cheng. I'm actually here to see Marinette. Is she in her room?"

"Oh, she didn't tell me she was having friends over today." She thought for a second.

"Oh, no. She isn't expecting me. I'm just here to ask her something that I couldn't on the phone."

"I see. Well, any friend of Marinette is always welcomed. Here, take this. My treat." Sabine offered a chocolate cupcake which Alix gladly accepted.

"You'll find her in her room." She instructed before leaving to help Tom set the next tray in the oven.

"Thank you." Alix smiled for her kind gesture of handing out a free food which she thought to give to Fluff later.